xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
75rLs3U4

Vista Sp1 Coming Hope not too late

Yes, maybe you're the few fortunately people that enjoy the brand new laptop or desktop PC with OEM Vista, or something more, you got the bucks to buy the new OS of Redmond boys.

But, as you can see as a licence owner of Vista, this isn't bells and whistles. You found that something get wrong when you plug the old device or you try to play your all-thru-the-years games.

Don't be panic, Microsoft maybe has not give exactly what changes will be in Vista SP1, -codename 'Fiji'- but some OS components which missed the RTM cut-off will almost certainly be rolled into the update.

"regressions from Windows Vista and Windows XP, security, deployment blockers and other high impact issues as are the primary focus for the Service Pack"

Testers was enrolled in the Vista SP1 "Technology Adoption Program" and "must be willing to provide feedback and deploy pre-release builds into production environments.", and Redmond boys says "an opportunity to influence product changes including the opportunity to work directly with product groups influencing their short term and long term goals". Sure, babe.

There's also a clear desire to ensure that SP1 is rock sold. One of the goals for TAP testers will be to "validate the stability of Windows Vista SP1 through production deployments". Oh, my.

"It’s important that customers deploy the Service Pack into production environments within 30 days of a milestone release. Issues will surface from the deployments as well as throughout the program as end users test its limits thought their day-to-day activities. The Windows TAP team will work with customers to identify and drive these issues."

So, people, don't get anger with Microsoft, just wait, maybe SP1 can be with us before than 2008... or maybe not. Some people in the office is making bets to August... 2008. :P

Notice from Plenoptic:
Exceprts from here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ You must put into [ Quote ] Tags any and all content published anywhere else or anything not in your own words.

Hom very interesting, instead of quotes ( " " ) you should use

[quote][/quote]

Lol codename Fiji funn :P

So they are trying to make more games work in vista? or did i completely read that wrong..

lol Fiji.. funn :P

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Hmm i understood it that way too tramposch, but that would be good for you hey tramp? more games on vista? I would love that too, i am screwed with not being able to run some games cuz of vista...however, i beleive that this will give vista a better reputation then it has already..which its rep is already bad. I wonder if google will start getting into competition with microsoft sometime, like operating systems, cuz it seems microsoft is getting closer to failure when it comes to laptops and desktops, but obviously succeeding in the video game world.

I would have to say FINALLY!! but I am a bit surprised they started beta testing it already, but again I am not as surprise since Microsoft spent a good large amount of money on Vista, I won't be surprise if it doesn't come out by next year since it gives Vista a time to settle down and enjoy it's new home.

SP1 isn't going to add much, i'm presuming its going to just fix up everything but then again, i suppose XP was a bit like that too?I cant honestly say i'm estatic over it but yeah, Vista works fine for me at the moment, i stopped using anything more than using it for internet, stupid uni :P

Edited by Ninkul (see edit history)

Why do people hate Vista? If you can't afford it than doesnt mean it's bad! And if they are trying to give you more security, remember that you were the ones who complained about XP not being secure enough... Let's imagine them including an anti-virus with Vista, people would say they are trying to start a monopoly... I failed to see why do everyone hate Microsoft, maybe someone here can enlighten me?As for the SP, I'm not really interested... When they fix something they are going to break something else, like it or go get yourself a *nix OS, they are perfectly good, but they are free, if you want to spend money you can buy some disto's.Now some ranting: DX10.1 sucks! Microsoft you should be able to do a better job, cause not everyone will want to get a new GPU...

CAN'T WAIT!!! I've got vista and i'm hoping it'll improve performance on low-med-end machines. Hope it'll give those hackers and crackers a good wipping too

Mate, everyone hates microsoft because they have a monopoly already. When you go into a computer store and ask to be built a computer, what are your options for Operating systems? Duh.... Xp and Vista? And who makes both of those systems? Uh.... Microsoft? Which means they can literally charge any amount of money that they want for an operating system, because theres no competition! Apple is great, but you need apple parts to build an apple system, and those aren't readily available to mass consumers. Some would Say Linux is the competition, and although i love linux, its extremely hard to get it set up on some peoples systems (Mainly those with ATI cards, or those without intimate coding knowledge) The reason people hate having to pay that much for an operating system is the fact that if there was any serious competition between microsoft and someone else, we would be looking at 50 bucks for a copy of XP and maybe 100 for Vista. The problem is, that just isnt happening, once again, because of microsoft

This sounds absolutely ridiculous that a whole new service pack is being released only a few months after the original release. Please it's so much of a hassle! If only Microsoft would update the install CD automatically too, so I don't have to update each time I re-install windows, which will happen frequently.

for those who are interested I was at Xisto yesterday when I came across a post about an article that breaks down of what changes SP1 is supposed to have.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The one interesting note I remember from this article is that the SP1 is not going to be like a regular update and that's coming on a disc?? Of course copies of the beta SP1 are around so if you really wanted to you could install the beta (yeah right).

@dooga by the time SP1 goes for version it should be about a year now, wasn't SP1 and SP2 like a 1-2 years apart from when XP went online?

hey guysi was reading on some website somewhere (sorry i can't remember) and they claimed that they had found windows vista service pack one all readdy integrated in there system. maybe it is integrated is a form of a update of something

This sounds absolutely ridiculous that a whole new service pack is being released only a few months after the original release. Please it's so much of a hassle! If only Microsoft would update the install CD automatically too, so I don't have to update each time I re-install windows, which will happen frequently.

This happens because last year Microsoft had a real problem with further delaying Windows Vista. So in order to be able to release it in January 2007 it had to cut short on some things. By the current selling Windows Vista is another Windows Me, so a Service Pack is greatly needed.

As far as I have heard the service pack is pretty good.... not only it adds the much needed functionality to Vista, but also increases it's performance greatly. Guess will have to wait and see for ourselves.
Also remember that Windows XP SP3 has been announced and is in testing...

This happens because last year Microsoft had a real problem with further delaying Windows Vista. So in order to be able to release it in January 2007 it had to cut short on some things. By the current selling Windows Vista is another Windows Me, so a Service Pack is greatly needed.
As far as I have heard the service pack is pretty good.... not only it adds the much needed functionality to Vista, but also increases it's performance greatly. Guess will have to wait and see for ourselves.
Also remember that Windows XP SP3 has been announced and is in testing...

First off I suggest not getting it. For one good reason Vista doesn't have that many drivers. So its not very good. XP has a lot more drivers but Vista is safer. But XP can install anything. But vista something u cant because of the drivers. So if u get vista I would only use it for homework and office type of stuff.
Edited by 360 (see edit history)