xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thorn

Hi, I'm New! New to this.

Hello, everyone. I'm new to Trap 17. I found this on google. It looked good so I decided to join. There's A LOT of people on here!!Is there any important forums topics I should read? If there is could you please give me the link? It would help me so I don't get in trouble or anything. :P ...or loose my account. I also have some questions:1. Is there a limit on how many credits you can have?2. How do you get this free web hosting stuff all for free? Wouldn't it cost a lot of money for people to have all of this? It doesn't have much ads on the forums or website...Well, that's it. Trap 17 seems like a good place...

Welcome to Trap! You should read the Read Me. That will tell you all about the rules and how to get hosting, etc...

No, there is no limit to the credits you can have but once you sign up for hosting, your credits reset. After you get hosting, your credits will decrease by one everyday. Don't let it get to 0 :P

Enjoy posting.

Every rose has its THORN!

Sorry, I'm a fan of the 80's power ballads. Anyways, welcome to the Trap! As requested, here are some handy links for important stuff: Xisto Readme, Board Rules, Shoutbox Rules, and the Pre-Signup FAQ. Those have everything that you need to know about rules and stuff.As to the hosting credits, there is a cap on how many credits you earn per post. Right now, 10 credits is the max you can earn per post, and you have to write a LOT to get the full 10 credits. Usually you get that when you write a really lengthy tutorial, roughly the equivalent of about 3 pages, single-spaced on Word. But you can post on lots of different topics. I think Saint_Michael's more than enough credits to maintain hosting for the next couple years without needing to make another post.
As to how they can offer free hosting without using ads, there's a handy little thread about that somewhere here.

Well to start off welcome to Xisto and I point you to our best link ever, and that is the Xisto Read Me. For it answers all your questions that you could possible have.

1. No, but if you hit 0 credits your account gets suspended and then you have to ear 4 credits to get your hosting reactivated again.

2. Advertisements, paid hosting accounts (Xisto - Web Hosting.com), and other stuff. If you check out the Xisto link at the top of the forum those websites are all part of the xisto network. So far Xisto has done well with the need to place ads all over the forum.

It is a good place for all your needs of info :P

Hello Thorn Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. Where are you? Been off for a few, so I guess everybody else has filled you in on where to find your answers, etc. You will find all the people here friendly and helpful. There is always someone to answer you or direct you to an answer. Good luck on your endeavor for hosting and see you around the boards. :P