xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Movie Review - The Simpsons: The Movie Saint Michael Goes Doh For The Simpsons: The Movie

Maybe you guys seen so many episodes that it just made u think it is just like an episode XD. I havent seen it yet but it looks really good. the people who saw it say it was good even my cousin agreed that it was a good movie. Teh others said that they were disappointed with this. The tickets are only like 8 bucks might as well see it in a bigger screen. Many people say they love the tv show and say they hate this movie but then others say that its just like the show so whats the reason to hate it? thats the part that I don't understand and can't really get the peoples point of view on it...

Yes this movie was like 4 good episodes together.But i love parodies in this movie. Did you find them?1. Titanic2. Spiderman3. Harry Potter4. Prison Break5. And scene with animals in that Alaska was parody at Bamby :XD:

The movie was OK as somebody has remarked before, it is like 4 episodes put together on one movie but with jokes a little bit dirtier than the TV serie, obvioulsy the animation is better (the color, the shadows, the motion, the audio), a bunch of chinesse names appear in the final credits :) if you are Simpsons fan you will love this movie, 'cause almost every character is there; there are some little funny details, for example when Homer rides the bike at the end of the movie he jumps over the old Springfield Canyon you can see the ambulance that crashed the tree when Homer jumped with Bart's skateboard (first season?) :XD:

I watched it in theatres and I'll watch it again, and still buy the DVD!

"How did pig tracks get on the cieling?"

"Spider Pig! Spider Pig! Does whatever a spider-pig does!"
"Can he swing, from a web? - No he can't, he's just a pig."
"looooook outttttt... he is a spider-pig!"

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (trailer)
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (clip from movie about spider pig)

lol I loved that part, that was funny as hell-o! And I loved how there were so many references to old episodes like acantocephala said... Aswell, the beginning was pretty funny and a good way to get back at critics... Home asks the crowd "Why pay for something you'd see free on tv?"

"http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; - This is the intro to the movie... The first four minutes... it doesnt show anything reveling the plot... I'd recommend only watching 2:00-2:10 as thats what im referencing... "Cant beleived you'd pay for something you get on tv for free"
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/49978-movie-review-the-simpsons-the-movie-saint-michael-goes-doh-for-the-simpsons-the-movie/#
Complete Edit
Anyway... the movie was amazing and a must see!!!! People may say it is just a 90 minute episode, which is true in some aspect - the idea that homer puts the town/family in jeopardy and has to save it. Regardless, if you want to look at it as a long episode, it is the funniest episode they've done out of the 400+ episodes they've made. The movie is not very predictable and I think its the funniest movie this year.

Edit...
Grossing... I was interested to see how much the simpsons made in the first week...

D’oh, “The Simpsons Movie” did better than expected. The animated movie, which cost $75 million to make, earned $71.9 million between Friday and Sunday to open in first place.

As of now, its been in release 17 days (Today is august 16th) and it has grossed over $152 million setting itself at the #153 USA all-time list... Will it match Harry Potter [33 days in releas] at $272 million (#34 all-time) or Transformers [41 days in release) at $302 million (#26 all-time).

Nice little chart for you...
Simpsons....... 17 Days in Release.... $152 million..... #153 All-time
Harry Potter... 33 Days in Release.... $272 million...... #34 All-time
Transformers. 41 Days in Release..... $302 million..... #26 All-time
Titanic........... N/A........................... $600 million...... #1 All-time
Edited by 9block (see edit history)

I don't have to see it to know it is UNBELIEVABLY STUPID. It is brain-rotting, UNBELIEVABLY STUPID, dirty, disgusting, hypocritical...

I saw this movie two weeks ago and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Sure it was good and funny but it just wasn't what I expected to see. But I will never forget the part with Homer walking the pig upside down on the ceiling singing: Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does, can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a pig. Look out, here comes the spiderpig.

It was ok I guess, It could have been better in my opinion. I'm just glad they made a movie for The Simpson's. :D You can tell there is a sequel coming because as the Simpson Family was leaving the movie, Maggie said "sequel". :P

Yeah i agree it could have been much better, i was quite disappointed being a big Simpsons fan. I am really annoyed at the fact of the Simpsons episodes sort of going down aswell and i was hoping that the movie would be as good as the older episodesBut it was acceptableOk rant over

Wow. That movie was awesome! Probably the best movie I have ever seen! Encore*100 is all I gotta say. Actually, it isn't or else I still wouldn't be talking. Anyways, the Simpsons are awesome - I love the guy that invented them!

The Simpsons Movie was pretty good. I watched it like two months ago.. Pretty good. Don't like the fact that they swore sometimes, however. I'd give it a 7.75/10.00, if my opinion counts. I like decimals! :rolleyes:

You actually liked the Simpsons movie?Some parts were funny, but it wasn't like the real simpsons. Usually, its just jokes, jokes, jokes, thin plot and more jokes but the movie was all serious. It just wasn't funny! I really do like the Simpsons but the movie was had too thick a plot.

i wanted to see it so bad i first tryed to watch it on tvlinks.co.uk but then went to the movies (didnt see it online to bad quality and some guy who recoreded the movie was loughting out loud) very happy with it - personally i think futurama the movie was much better (allthu didnt see it in movies)

You actually liked the Simpsons movie?Some parts were funny, but it wasn't like the real simpsons. Usually, its just jokes, jokes, jokes, thin plot and more jokes but the movie was all serious. It just wasn't funny! I really do like the Simpsons but the movie was had too thick a plot.

Well I think your problem was the fact your so use to the 30 minute episodes that the 1.5 hour movie seem odd, and granted I doubt your the only person who thought that the Simpsons going that long would start getting dull as the time went on. However, they pulled it off quite successful as for the two instances of the swearing, homer flipping the bird, and actually seeing frontal nudity it was the cap of how the Simpsons would be if not for TV regulations and stuff like that. Either way turning a tv series into a movie is not a easy task but they pulled it off though.

Can't wait for the sequel though.