xisto Community
saqib431

Firefox V/s Internet Explorer For Web Design

I'm creating a site design right now and everytime I view it in FireFox, something ELSE isn't displaying correctly.  How hard can it be to make sure you have basics in common with other popular browers?  Forms with CSS display wrong everytime in FireFox.  CSS border code with a hyphen like border-bottom doesn't work in FireFox.  These things aren't NEW.  They've been around for years in IE.  Why doesn't FireFox just help us out and make is consistent?

So now I'm having to strip my site of design enhancements because of FF.

Well there's nothing "wrong" with firefox. it just displays content differently as do all browsers because they read the code and sometimes they can interpret it differently, the best thing you can do is test your website with IE and firefox so that you can be sure all your visitors will see it correctly.

I'm creating a site design right now and everytime I view it in FireFox, something ELSE isn't displaying correctly. How hard can it be to make sure you have basics in common with other popular browers? Forms with CSS display wrong everytime in FireFox. CSS border code with a hyphen like border-bottom doesn't work in FireFox. These things aren't NEW. They've been around for years in IE. Why doesn't FireFox just help us out and make is consistent?

that is not entirely true that firefox is not good with css and design. its actually false.

I have worked in web design for a number of years and firefox is the best browser out there i'll tell you. Different browsers do interpret differently and firefox has been on par with accepted web standards for long. internet explorer is only getting to embrace the standards now and seems to be getting better but ff is miles ahead.

i don not know what version of firefox is giving you such headaches but check for the latest one and make sure your code is first validated before putting all the blame of firefox. matter of fact even if your code has errors, firefox is more likely to point em out and adjust so that the page is displayed just as you want it.

for easy editing, please look for firebug extension for ff which enables you to make changes on the fly and saves a lot of time when designing a site.

cheers

I'm creating a site design right now and everytime I view it in FireFox, something ELSE isn't displaying correctly. How hard can it be to make sure you have basics in common with other popular browers? Forms with CSS display wrong everytime in FireFox. CSS border code with a hyphen like border-bottom doesn't work in FireFox. These things aren't NEW. They've been around for years in IE. Why doesn't FireFox just help us out and make is consistent?

I'm sure the problem is on your end..perhaps your designing the website with IE in mind??? if so then you should really consider developing the site using the web standard and for Firefox..if it works with firefox then most likely it'll work with safari and google chrome..maybe opera too.
and screw IE6 and 7