xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Boltblue: Beware! A real SMS scam online.

Hi guys, I tried to do the same but I don't know why you are complaining. I don't use that service even that company but it is very clear when you go to website. They could be beware but they did not force you do anything.-reply by barbalu

Bluebolt

Boltblue: Beware!

Replying to shadowx

I fell for the same thing, I don't remember how I subscribed but I must have (possibly for ringtones for my new phone) anyway I found that I was being sent sms messages from them in bulk groups of 3 at a cost of AU $3.18 each. Each time I tried to unsubscribe using the standard "stop" my message wouldn't go through so in total I have 9 messages from them (you do the math) before the stop text finally went through to them.

I am now attempting to get credit for some if not all of the received messages from them (I never tried to receive one ringtone from them)I am also going down the path of contacting the Australian Telecomunications Ombudsman and see what happens with them...

Like you I also warn people of going anywhere near boltblue and I am also telling all my friends, my children and asking them to pass on what they are like too.

-reply by Fred

If I'm not mistaken, there are a couple of sites that allow you to do SMS via web for free. I'm not quite sure on their reliability, and i think there are a couple of issues with the amount of charters you can put in them.Anyway, I usually try to stay away from businesses I am not familiar with, or have not gotten a good rep from. Plus, I have unlimited texting on my phone, so I really don't need any SMS services.

Can't you cancel your phone service and set up a new one?BoltBlue isnt going to get any people now.....I googled boltblue and right below the boltblue site, there is this topic. BoltBlue: BEWARE LMAO

Where do they live?

Boltblue: Beware!

They got me too bastards.

If I ever get to meet anyone associated with bolt blue I will chin them

They suddenly took �112 quid directly out my bank account through my phone

We are skint and just to about to have a baby

Blue bolt cuntage.

Don't give them your number man

-reply by Tomma

bollocksBoltblue: Beware!They got me too bastards.If I ever get to meet anyone associated with bolt blue I will chin themThey suddenly took ?112 quid directly out my bank account through my phoneWe are skint and just to about to have a babyBlue bolt cuntage.Don't give them your number man

MAJOR DAMAGE BOLTBLUE CAN DO Boltblue: Beware!

Don't get into this one! My budget has been wiped away by boltblue for the return of zilch.  I didn't understand where my $'s were vanishing to until the SMS' charges winded the heck out of me.  I am angry and annoyed with their deceptive ploy.  DO NOT FALL FOR IT!  Take Care, there are better and genuine companies to subscribe to. 

-reply by Llewellan

Bolt out of the blueBoltblue: Beware!This company needs to be eradicated. It is theft, plain and simple. If you get scammed by Boltblue, do something about it - report them to the Office of Fair Trading:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ more complaints the OFT get, the more likely they are to close them down. Boltblue are supposedly based in London:Boltblue International LtdPO Box 52769LondonEC2P 2UWHowever, as a PO Box number, I think it's rather unlikely that you can find the shady back room where these guys are hiding. Let the police do it and so send your complaint to the OFT!

-reply by Washand

BoltBlue scammed me tooBoltblue: Beware!

I sent one message from BoltBlue - titled "testing free sms" as I wanted to check them out before really using their service.  I'd read the terms and it said they'd charge you $10.50 per week when you registered but did not make it clear how you actually registered and "agreed" to the $10.50(which is why I just sent one "test" message).  Turned out they charged my bill within seconds of me sending the one "trial" sms - they charged the $10.50 by splitting the $10.50 into 3 premium SMS of $3.18 + GST.  But the statement on thier website disguises the "premium sms" advice into something that looks like a promo slogan about how "premium" their service is.  That's just crooked and I hope they get shut down by the office of fair trading soon!  I sms'd Stop straight away and I didn't get charged another week - but that's a killer of a profit if they manage to scam each and every person out of $10.50!!

-reply by ripped off

BOLTBLUE RIPPED ME OFFBoltblue: Beware!

I cancelled my membership with boltblue and got a mail from them saying my membership was cancelled.  Then a few days later, I switched my phone on and BANG... 5 boltblue texts downloaded to my phone charging me ?2.00 per text message. It was too quick for me to stop them, but more to the point, I had already cancelled my membership with them. After writing several emails to them, I received several emails promising that the money would be refunded... But it never was. Now, they won't even answer my emails. WHAT A RIP-OFF COMPANY!! DON'T USE THEM - THEY RIP YOU OFF!!

-reply by DGanson

Bolt Blue BewareBoltblue: Beware!

My 11 year old son got scammed with this too.  He recharged his phone with $20.00 birthday money one day and the next day they had stolen all his credit. 

-reply by Jennie Schumacher