xisto Community
Custergrant

Our Own Email Account How do I make it and read my mail?

Hey guys,I love how I have sendmail and my own email account here, but I don't know how to access them. When I created my account, I put in my home email address because that's supposed to be there. But instead of having my users email me at my home email account in my contact form, I would like to have them email me here at Xisto. I went into my Email Management and saw Add/Remove Email and created one called Custergrant@custopoly.trap17.com...and it created correctly and all. But if I have users email at this, how do I read it? Do I click Read Webmail? And how do we get accounts at this SquirrelMail and Horde? I'm very confused about this, so if anyonce can help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

If you want to do it via your Cpanel, click on Read Webmail, and then click on Horde. My log out isn't working but if I can remember correctly, just click on the language you prefer and it should either log you in or you should use or Cpanel user name and password to log in. Or if the login wants your email use that and the password you set up for it. Or if you have Microsoft Outlook, you can set up your account to log in on that. Just go to "Add/Remove Accounts" and then click on the Outlook Icon and auto configure it for access.

I am not sure if this is with only this host, but anybody with that email to check webmail.. I THINK can go to subdomain.trap17.com:2096/I think that is the url for the webmail, well it is for me

If you've got a Domain name, you can sign up for the Google Apps for Domains, https://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/

with this service you get your email id of your own domain say

yourname@yourdomain.com

you get 2GB space for free, the same GMAil interface and more features for free.

Managing your email using this serivce is easier than using sendmail or squrriel mail in your cpanel. Moreover you save a lot of space in your server.

you can get your email using the subdomain you got while registering in Xisto free hosting.sign up for the Google Apps and change the MX record for the subdomain in your cPanel and after validation your mail will be active.if you need any help, either pM me or ask here.

Just wanted to add to this that I was resigned to using Horde or Squirrel Mail which were both doing my head in until I read this thread. I'm now up and running with Google Apps and I'm loving it. Just like my ordinary email.So thanks very much to the posters who suggested it. Helped me out a lot. Is there anything that Google don't do!?Cheers,std

I beleive that there is a way, if you want to have like staff emails, to hook it up with a desktop email client (like thunderbird or something) but i totally forgot, im sure you can search and find out, i know when i had ipb, they had tutorials there on their website on how to set it up, idk if you can access without being a client, but you can at least try. Otherwise everyone else is right, just click read mail. OR you can have the mail forward to a different email, which is easiest thing to do with staff email.