xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Galgy

Politics In War Leave the politics out of war

Throughout the course of history many men and women have fought for their country and given their lives for the defense and preservation of their nation. There is nothing wrong with this. The one thing with war that is wrong is the feeling that politicians get that they need to make the military policies. Many lives have been lost and time wasted because soldiers had to talk to the goverment to decide whether or not to attack something while they them selves were being attacked. Politicians to often don't give there fighting men a chance because they deny them funding and make up crazy rules of engagement, where in some areas you can shoot and kill anything that moves and in others you have to talk to the president before you can attack something even if it means not defending your self. In my mind this is obserb. Why should the commanders on the ground not be able to do what they believe is necesary to save lives of soldiers and to speed up the war. The best example of this is the Vietnam war. There were many places that were free fire zones and you could shoot and kill anything or anyone without questions from the chain of command. Also like the war in Iraq, the US Congress can't make up it's mind wether or not to give the soldiers the funds they need to have the best equipment availible. Rather than ratify and pass a bill that gives the soldiers money and the ability to use it in a way that is productive the congress tells the soldiers how to spend the money and at the same time gives them a time table on wich they need to operate and leave a country that they are not done fighting in. This is obserb. The military knows what the military needs and those needs change. Just because they say they need this or that doesn't mean that by the time that congress is done giving them funds that the military will still need that exact thing for that reason they could have a shortage of something else. The point here is that you need to leave politics out of war and you need to stop letting the polticians run the military because other wise there will be needless deaths and needless time spent in a country. God bless the USA and let god be with our troops in afghanistan and Iraq.

I think that many wars should be fought, however a good deal of them should not be. The war in Iraq is an example of one of these that should not be fought. I honestly don't even know why we are still three, we have gotten rid of Saddam, what more is there to do. I really don't care if they have a democratic government there. If we are going to fight a war lets go for Al Quid a and all the terrorists or focus on finding Osama Bin Laden. Why should we pay tax dollars on a pointless war.

I don't even think we should have started the war in Iraq in the first place, because it's not the job of the united states to be the police of the world, but, I totally agree with Galgy that politics just end up screwing war up. And, you know, I think the only reason war should ever be fought anyway is in self defense, otherwise it's just murder.

As what some general said..( Sorry to forget his name..) "Military doesn't start war. Politicians start war."And he's absolutely right. Who want to see people die? Who want to see soldiers killing people. Noone, by default. It's just for the "greater glory of the empire" that war starts. Napoleon waged wars for the same reason. So is Hitler and Japan during world war 2. The reason that they were saying is for UNIFICATION. Behind it lies the economic stability of their countries and greater stature in the eye of the world. This is what you see in the new wars and wars that have been. It will always be the reason.