truefusion:0
Saint-Michael:0
Mich:0
Imtay22:0
Mojoman:0
master bacarra:0
AndrewM:0

Good Luck

I usually don't get to vote for these SOTW things because I am not familiar with the Graphics stuff, but this one is different because it is a wide open free for all and since I don't need to know the difference between Grunge and Abtract styling, or what a brush is,... I will participate...

I am going to vote for Mich for several reasons :

Nice flyout

Nice message

Nice colouring

Nice background

Of all the ones in the competition, this is the one I would use... although there are some excellent designs and kudos to all of the participants...

Playground:0

Mich:1

Mojoman:0

we can vote other than ourselves, right? if that's the case, i'm voting for playground's. i'm not good at describing such styles, but all i can say is i like the sig. :D is that enough explanation? :P

Notice from truefusion:
Deducting vote until further explanation is given.

There are some really good entries this time, so it's kinda hard to decide. I think my top three would be truefusion, imtay, and mojoman. Since I can only vote for one, I think I'm going to have to go with mojoman. I don't really like the font for truefusion's, it just didn't seem to blend well with the rest of the design. I liked Imtay's because all of it goes well with the tech theme, but it's just too dark. The render kinda gets lost into the background. Even though mojoman has a thick border, which I usually wouldn't go for, it works well here to frame the sig. I love the font and it blends well into the overall look. The flare from the back of the head really highlights the render at just the right spot.

Playground:0

Mojoman:1

Playground:1

My vote goes to Playground. I like the background of the sig. It really goes good with the render; I also like the lighting on the render. Great Job, and Good Luck All!

Playground:1truefusion:0
Saint-Michael:1

The use of the red outline around the top right part of the render works well. Also the definition of the X's is original, the effects of the background and lighting suits the picture well.

Saint-Michael:1

Mojoman:2

I vote for Mojoman, I think his job is really nice... nice colors... simple, but still cool...

playground's is good too... but I think the style of the sig doesn't fit the render style...

The others are too basic...

Saint-Michael:2

I am voting saint micheal mainly because of the theme. truefusion had a close call, but the font really killed it for me. Mojo mans didnt really work for me, it was alright. Anyway I liked SM's font, placement, fade, grime... I think the underline of gears of war is on a higher layer then the font, and would rather see the font ontop of the underline. But overall SM's is the best in my opinion.

Playgrounds is startin to get my attention the more i look at it. It seems less conventional.

well i'll put up my vote again for playground after my previous vote got canceled.

Playground:2

still voting for playground and to even things out. it's simple, not over-the-top (unlike mine :D ). i also love the usage of violet and yellow to break the scheme of dark greens and browns also to bring out the render and make it stand out (since the render has the same color background of brown).

Playground:3

My vote goes to Playground, I love the render and how it blends well with the background.

Nice colors and looks like vector art. :D

All other renders are also good but they use the same effects as seen before, nothing unique or new.

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

Congratulations Playground for winning this month's Xisto/gfxtrap SOTW contest.