xisto Community
Tramposch

Login System Help...

I know, nol tried to use this script.. and erm.. i think failed.. but i installed it all good, works fine, UNTILL........ i tried to add a new option to the registration.
Thhis is the url to the site.. where the dl is..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I would really appreciate it if somebody could add, in all the php files properly a new registration thing, called "name" where they write their name in so i know it for future reference. if somebody could get that to me i would really appreciate it. ALSO... if you can't do that, or just want to help solve the version i did, i think i did it all right, except now when i register i get...

Registration Failed

We're sorry, but an error has occurred and your registration for the username afdadfasd, could not be completed.
Please try again at a later time.

(lol i just use afdadfasd because it were the letters on my keyboard that were easiest to type :D ) so if anybody can solve that, i will send them my modified files, and i would really appreciate it..

That is an Intermediate/Advanced script which pretty much handles everything you need to do for a log-in script.You don't mention what you were modifying in the script, either.I don't mean to be harsh, but that script is fairly complex and I would suggest you start by learning more PHP and OOP/Class programming before modding that one.

I know it pretty well, i had it all running perfect, even with the mod i put on it, then it just.. broke. :D and now i can't figure it out at all....its very frustrating, i prolly forgot to put a comma somewhere -.-\EDIT:::HAHA LOL I FIGURED IT OUT XDok, now i seriously dont know how to do this.. i just wnat a php script that.. like. on click of a button, (when you are logged in) it sends a message to an email that is coded it, where it sends there name to the email, like when they regy i make them imput their name.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

I know it pretty well, i had it all running perfect, even with the mod i put on it, then it just.. broke. :D and now i can't figure it out at all....
its very frustrating, i prolly forgot to put a comma somewhere -.-\
EDIT:::
HAHA LOL I FIGURED IT OUT XD

ok, now i seriously dont know how to do this.. i just wnat a php script that.. like. on click of a button, (when you are logged in) it sends a message to an email that is coded it, where it sends there name to the email, like when they regy i make them imput their name.

I am really confused what you trying here but here a brief step by step refinement by probably what you want:

1. you click on a button to login?
2. when you are logged in, it sends an e-mail with their name to the person who is logged in?
3. "regy"? I assume its meant to be registering? but how do people login in the first place?

You should add more info, i migght be able to help a little. And I assuming you will be using database for this right? I don't knw much about writing onto a textfile and other stuff....