xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

I'm Not A Sex Object So stop treating me like it

I so sick and tired of the stupid boys at my school.They can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that I am not a slab of meat.Do they not realize that maybe i really don't want to be felt up when I am at a party or going down the hall at school? Or that maybe I don't want to go over to their house when their parents aren't home? Or perhaps that my legs are closed untill he puts a ring on my finger?I swear I can't stand it. What is it about testosterone that make them act like that?I'm a human being, and I want to be treated like it. God gave me rights, and they are taking them away from me.I don't want stupid nicknames. I want to be called Sarah. The name I was born with. I want to be called beautiful, not hot. I want kiss on the cheek, not a slap on the *bottom*.Now, don't get me wrong, not all men are like this.Just the ones at my school. :D

Edited by Mermaid711 (see edit history)

And yet you're clearly obsessed with "sex objects" according to your stupid avatar and sigs. What's so hard to understand about the old biblical proverb: "You reap what you sow"? Stop dressing like a ****, stop obsessing about sex and idolizing TV personalities. Start studying classical literature, start developing an appetite for religion or at least spirituality, and when you talk about these things, the little pervs will be so turned off they'll actually run in the opposite direction. You'll attract someone (some day) who's also educated and wants you for what's between your ears. You reap what you sow. Remember that.

What is it about testosterone that make them act like that?

Testosterone is the chemical responsible for the human sex drive, whether you are male or female. It is natural for teenage males to have little restraint - they're not used to having a sex drive and cannot control it because of the high amounts of testosterone in their body(compare with your body, which produces a fraction of the testosterone). You can easily see that your testosterone levels have also affected the way that you think.
The only ways you're going to stop them is if you antagonize them so that they hate you and they can regain control of their senses somewhat, or if you make yourself smarter and/or less attractive to them. I would go for the latter because it will not lead to penalties and it will teach you how petty vanity is.

[1]God gave me rights, [2]and they are taking them away from me.

[1]Receiving rights, and making use of those rights are two different things. But what rights are you talking about specifically?[2]The question is: Are you letting them? I thought you had the right to defend yourself. You can speak against all you want, but problems aren't solved without action.

I also agree a bit with what Watermonkey has said.

[1]I want to be called beautiful, not hot. [2]I want kiss on the cheek, not a slap on the *bottom*.
Now, don't get me wrong, not all [3]men are like this.

[3:2]Just the ones at my school. :D

[1]In a sense, they're both the same thing.
[2]Careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
[3]You consider them men?
[3:2]I think that's generalizing far too much.

Somehow I think you are overly body image conscious. Seems you wrote a post "I Hate Being Voluptuous". Nothing like dwelling on the subject. Maybe your behavior brings on the undesired responses from the opposite sex. If you act out about your figure as much as you talk about it (on here), you are making yourself a target for immature males. Perhaps you might try toning down a little. Me thinks thou does protesteth too loudly.

Hi,

Why are you so superficial and bothered about some cheap lads? I don't understand the fact that if you know that the guys are cheap and not good then there is no use ranting about it. I mean it happens in school so you should be ignoring them, But if you are at fault then that is another issue, maybe the way you behave, talk or dress might want to make those guys feel you up or something.

Think about it carefully and try to see where you might be going wrong for there's no reason a guy would unnecessarily want to molest you unless you are blond, heavy chested, acting like a bimbo. A guy however cheap will "attack" a girl who fits in his profile of Easy Target They might think you are available because of your external appearance.

Try changing your attire and sense of behavior for that can be a reason that you are attracting such weird kind of elements. I am sorry if I was a bit rough with you

Cheers :D

Somehow I think you are overly body image conscious. Seems you wrote a post "I Hate Being Voluptuous". Nothing like dwelling on the subject. Maybe your behavior brings on the undesired responses from the opposite sex. If you act out about your figure as much as you talk about it (on here), you are making yourself a target for immature males. Perhaps you might try toning down a little. Me thinks thou does protesteth too loudly.

I am surprise your the only other person besides me that remember that topic she posted, venting about the same thing she is talking about now. So from what I concluded your situation has not improved and although I believe a few people have posted in that previous topic, and you most likely you didn't take the suggestions people posted and still stuck yourself into the same situation your posting about now. The best thing you can do is not put yourself if the situation and literally keep telling adults about it until something is done. Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I am surprise your the only other person besides me that remember that topic she posted, venting about the same thing she is talking about now. So from what I concluded your situation has not improved and although I believe a few people have posted in that previous topic, and most likely you didn't take the suggestions people posted and still stuck in the situation your posting about now. The best thing you can do is not put yourself if the situation and literally keep telling adults about it until something is done.

Our not quoting the previous thread doesn't mean we forgot about it. How could we forget about it? And, Mermaid, isn't school out for summer break in Texas? Why are you still obsessing about school when you don't even go to school? I'm starting to think you just like the attention of these types of threads. I'm beginning to think you're making up a large amount of this garbage so we'll all feel sorry for you...

My best advice for you as a male who i would assume is only a few years older than those you ware talking about since it appears like you are talking about high school and i am a senior college student is really simple. Who do you hang out and who are your friends? If your friends like it when they are treated like that and do not have the same priorities sexually as you do, then that will be the reason why you also are treated that way. If i know of a girl or am friends with one, you tend to stereotype their friends as being very similar and normally you are right. I know that sounds bad but its true and I am not going to lie about it. Secondly, its hard for a guy to try and make a move on you at a party or school if you are around other people. Even in a drunken state (since i am over 21 and can legally be in one) people still dont like to do those acts. Finally, i know you probably are trying to meet someone to date and all too but be smart about it. Get to know them before you go somewhere suspicious. As a guy since we cant read girls minds, we try to look for signs or hints about what a girl is thinking. Most of the time, we probably are wrong which is why this stuff happens which means unless you tell us otherwise, we are in the dark. I still have friends now that have similar beliefs to you and yet they all are in a relationship or have been. What works for them is after they meet someone and if they end up hooking up or what not, the tell them "I dont know you well enough to do much more" when they hit their limit. Try it because as much as people think guys just want sex, we are respectful and personally, i would rather be with a girl who respects themself enough to tell you not to do something rather than jsut let it happen

Ya know, I actually understand exactly what you're talking about, Mermaid711. And I guess a lot of guys are like what you're talking about, and as truefusion says, they don't deserve to be called men.
But, I don't think that guys are going to treat you that badly without a reason. I mean, what Watermonkey said makes sense. If you want to stop being treated like a sex object, the stop acting like one.
Also, choose your friends wisely. If you hang out with people who want to be treated as sex objects, others are automatically going to think that you do too, or that it's okay to.

There are a lot... well, maybe not a lot, but some, decent guys out there who won't treat you like a sex object, and those are the people you should hang out with.

What is it about testosterone that make them act like that?

Uh... as a guy I wish I could answer that but I really can't. All I know is that it's not just the testosterone but the total immaturity most high school guys live. So, uh, sorry, I can't help more, but, just take a look at yourself and ask yourself why people treat you like this and see if there's anything about your personality you can change to solve your problem.
I guess... Just hope you work it out.

And yet you're clearly obsessed with "sex objects" according to your stupid avatar and sigs. What's so hard to understand about the old biblical proverb: "You reap what you sow"? Stop dressing like a ****, stop obsessing about sex and idolizing TV personalities. Start studying classical literature, start developing an appetite for religion or at least spirituality, and when you talk about these things, the little pervs will be so turned off they'll actually run in the opposite direction. You'll attract someone (some day) who's also educated and wants you for what's between your ears. You reap what you sow. Remember that.

Not everybody wants to study literature, and getting an appeitite for religion, some people want to actually live their life have fun with their friends and do stuff social. And how the hell would you know if she dresses like such a ****, maybe she just allows men to say sexuak things to her, so this makes all men think they can as well. But, you are sort right that if you put yourself out then men are going to go after you, so after I read ur post twice, yeah you got a point :D Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

I think everyone here has good points but as far as people suggesting that she change her habits and the way that she looks, my question is: Why should she have to change the way she dresses and acts for some immature boys? It is true that it is easier to change yourself than to change everyone else, but I think since this is a rant, perhaps she isn't seeking advice but merely venting a little anger at these kids. One thing someone was saying about control, I'm a guy and I'm 17 and you won't catch me walking around feeling chicks up in the hall at school... Matter of fact usually if I see a guy do that unprovoked I get a little angry and if I know the guy I might ask him you know, "what the **** was that?"So I guess the basic message is "if you dress like a ****, stop" but honestly if that's the way you feel comfortable dressing then do it. Be yourself. But if it's a confidence issue, find a way to boost it other than showing yourself off.Really if worse comes to worse and someone is really pissing you off and you've told him before to stop, collect evidence and/or witnesses and report it to the proper authorities. Take one down and you'll send a message to the rest of them.Anyways it's like anything else you get, take it with a grain of salt and maintain your own values you know? Good luck!Sean

Not everybody wants to study literature, and getting an appeitite for religion, some people want to actually live their life have fun with their friends and do stuff social. And how the hell would you know if she dresses like such a ****, maybe she just allows men to say sexuak things to her, so this makes all men think they can as well. But, you are sort right that if you put yourself out then men are going to go after you, so after I read ur post twice, yeah you got a point :D

The word fun is as diverse as the human race. I actually enjoy learning languages, history, mathematics, theology, and science and don't like to talk to people face to face, and have a social life that is "normal". Judging by the spelling that she had used at her original post, she does have a bigger social life than I(I often see a correlation between shy people and good spelling and grammar, and outgoing people and poor spelling and grammar. It isn't a science but I see it's true 7 times out of 10).

Genius lasts longer than beauty.
He is really not so ugly after all, provided, of course, that one shuts one's eyes, and does not look at him.

There is no sin except stupidity.

The only thing I can say is cover up act like a nerd and I am sure that no one shall bother you no more.

As a self-proclaimed nerd, I totally resent that. I had a boyfriend and guys flirted with me all the time during my nerdy phase of glasses and braces in high school. :D Of course, wearing a school uniform helped attract the creepy pedophiles, but there were some normal ones too.
My theory, though, is that you can't change other people, you can only change yourself. And since reason doesn't seem to work with these boys, then it's time to step up to b!7chhood and stop being passive about it. The next time a guy manhandles you, smile politely and grab his balls. Then squeeze... HARD. And ask him sweetly how he enjoys being manhandled.

My second suggestion is to sit back and observe guys. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to understand them than understanding women. Then use the knowledge to your advantage. If you want to go the friendly route, then find a common interest and talk to them about it. Eventually, they'll stop oogling you enough to listen to what you're saying and start seeing you as a person rather than a pair of headlights. Or you could go the other route and learn how to deflate their ego with just a look or a few choice words. Yes, you might be called some nasty things, but they'll stop trying to touch you.