xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
farmboy

Will Taking Lsd Stop Migranes?

I was watching House and he had taken some drug that was suposed to stop migranes and then another to cause them to see if it worked. But the stuff that was suposed to stop the migrane didn't work. So later in the show he took LSD and it stoped the migrane. Do you think it would actually work.

Hahaha, I love Dr. House because he's completely unapologetic for his behavior because he's always right. Of course, if I were to deal with him in the real world, then I would hate him for the bastard that he is. And that's the thing, it's a TV Show that's made for entertainment purposes only. While some of these episodes are based on actual medical cases, the truth is that it's never as simple as they make it out to be. Even CSI, which my science professor praised on getting the actual science part right, is highly dramatized and their quality control is starting to deteriorate. If you're suffering from migraines, I suggest talking to your doctor before deciding to self-medicate using LSD.

On a side note, you might want to be a little more descriptive in your topic title.

I must agree with tikiprincess.Have you ever seen those shows about police officers who bust multi-million drug hiests? You know when they take a small dab of cocaine and taste it to see if it is really cocaine? If they did that in real life you would get stoned out of your mind. Same thing with the House thing. LSD (AKA acid- for all of you flower children) is a hallucinant. It makes you feel and see things things that aren't correct/ don't exist. And anyways, he took two drugs that counter act eachother. Whatever drug is most powerful- in this case the one that causes the migranes- will have the effects show through. Besides, do you realize how much of a moron this charecter was for taking to drugs that do the exact oppisite jobs of eachother?And on another note, do you realize how much trouble you could get in if you got busted for acid? You could get a monster fine, community service, or worse- time in the slammer. And not to mention the rehab.But the worse punishment of all is the horrible things LSD does to you. People who take it have flashbacks- immagine when you're 35, and driving your kids to soccer practice- and then all of the sudden, you start seeing things.Like tiki said, TV shows are for entertainment pourpuses only.

Oh it might get rid of your headache alright because you will be to high and addicted to notice that you have one, interestingly enough though, I did find another forum asked the very same question which you can find here. Like it was mention previously the episodes of House and CSI are based on for the most part real cases, but I highly doubt those practices are actually being done.

As happens on a frequent basis, Mike's talking out his *bottom* because he doesn't have any real world experience with the subject matter and he's a post *BLEEP*. :D

Being someone who's actually taken D-lysergic acid dialethymide-tartrate 25 a hand full of times in my youth, I can speak to this subject matter, but I'd first point you to a website blog of someone who appears to know what he's talking about and critiques every House episode very well, in my opinion. I don't know which episode you're referring to by name, so you pick from the list: http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html

The thing about LSD is it's not made in a proper laboratory these days, instead you'd be lucky if it wasn't made in someone's dirty bathtub. Also, and because of the previous fact, it's not pharmaceutically pure and more often than not it contains Strychnine which acts as a kick start for the experience but since it's a rat poison it's not exactly what the doctor ordered. Furthermore, because of the uncertainty of the conditions of the environment where the drug was manufactured and the ability of the person or people making it, its effects are unreliable at best. I've gotten my hands on what I assume to be pretty good stuff when I was 19 living in Virginia and before hand I studied and wrote a paper in high school on the effects and mechanics of LSD relating to the human organism. Before watching that House episode, I'd never heard of LSD curing a headache and in the environment in which Dr. House works, I'd certainly think the side effects would be less then desirable to say the least and he should've taken the rest of the day off to take the acid trip to a more controlled environment. Acid is nothing more then a mechanism or trigger that causes the release of a chemical from the brain that changes the way we see, hear, feel, and think in subtle ways for 12 to 18 hours or so. The acid is in the spinal fluid for some time, about a month or so, but only goes to the brain for a few minutes. It's completely non-addictive and actually anti-addictive (in its pure form) and I considered it a "philosophical high" when I did it. I could not get high on the drug twice in the same two week period so it was impossible to become dependent on it in any way. Having said all that, I don't recommend it because you simply could be getting something altogether different then what you paid for and it could cause serious consequences. Get a chemistry degree, at least a B.S., I'd recommend M.S. and make it yourself. That's the only way to foolproof it, but you'll probably have better things to do if you went that far in your education!

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Wow.. Interesting. I dont get headaches frequently though. Id never take drugs for a headache, there are some other drugs that are legal and meant for headaches and they dont have side effects.Some headaches can be easily cured with candy or sugar..

Wow.. Interesting. I dont get headaches frequently though. Id never take drugs for a headache, there are some other drugs that are legal and meant for headaches and they dont have side effects.Some headaches can be easily cured with candy or sugar..

Now I have to totally disagree with Flakes simply because I do get Migraines and the medicines they have out that are supposed to help stop Migraines are a freaking joke. I have been put on so many different ones and none of them worked. I sure wish they would come up with a legal LSD or at least legalize marijuana so people like myself could actually get some relief from such things as migraines.

Amy

Firstly, House is awesome, but he has no bloody idea (the writers of the show) what they're talking about.I can personally tell you that LSD/LSA does not rid you of headaches. It's a beautiful compound, but it's not for riding the body of pain.Cannabis is less-risky psychoactive plant, and it doesn't make you 'see things' it sedates the body. Take a look into it, not LSD. Only use psychedelics for meditation.

As happens on a frequent basis, Mike's talking out his *bottom* because he doesn't have any real world experience with the subject matter and he's a post *BLEEP*. :)

Being someone who's actually taken D-lysergic acid dialethymide-tartrate 25 a hand full of times in my youth, I can speak to this subject matter, but I'd first point you to a website blog of someone who appears to know what he's talking about and critiques every House episode very well, in my opinion. I don't know which episode you're referring to by name, so you pick from the list: http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html

The thing about LSD is it's not made in a proper laboratory these days, instead you'd be lucky if it wasn't made in someone's dirty bathtub. Also, and because of the previous fact, it's not pharmaceutically pure and more often than not it contains Strychnine which acts as a kick start for the experience but since it's a rat poison it's not exactly what the doctor ordered. Furthermore, because of the uncertainty of the conditions of the environment where the drug was manufactured and the ability of the person or people making it, its effects are unreliable at best. I've gotten my hands on what I assume to be pretty good stuff when I was 19 living in Virginia and before hand I studied and wrote a paper in high school on the effects and mechanics of LSD relating to the human organism. Before watching that House episode, I'd never heard of LSD curing a headache and in the environment in which Dr. House works, I'd certainly think the side effects would be less then desirable to say the least and he should've taken the rest of the day off to take the acid trip to a more controlled environment. Acid is nothing more then a mechanism or trigger that causes the release of a chemical from the brain that changes the way we see, hear, feel, and think in subtle ways for 12 to 18 hours or so. The acid is in the spinal fluid for some time, about a month or so, but only goes to the brain for a few minutes. It's completely non-addictive and actually anti-addictive (in its pure form) and I considered it a "philosophical high" when I did it. I could not get high on the drug twice in the same two week period so it was impossible to become dependent on it in any way. Having said all that, I don't recommend it because you simply could be getting something altogether different then what you paid for and it could cause serious consequences. Get a chemistry degree, at least a B.S., I'd recommend M.S. and make it yourself. That's the only way to foolproof it, but you'll probably have better things to do if you went that far in your education!

Where to begin...

You claim to have taken LSD many times in your youth, yet later in your post you say that you believe LSD is often laced with Strychnine. My question to this is, Why on earth would you take a drug you know to be laced with a poison? Lucky for you, there are no known recorded cases of LSD being laced with Strychnine, and rat poison has absolutely nothing to do with LSD. Not that you care, or else you'd take the time to look it up.

Next on the list, LSD cannot NOT be made in a proper laboratory. It absolutely MUST be made under laboratory conditions, or it will not synthesize properly, leaving a muddy batch of chemicals that'll be quite inactive. Making LSD in a dirty bathtub is nigh impossible, to say the least.

As for the rest of your post, several of your points were accurate, such as the mechanism of action of the drug itself, and the fact that other drugs are often sold as LSD, including but not limited to DOI, DOB, DOC, or any of the 2c family of psychedelic chemicals. It's either acid or it's not. There are also multiple ways to check if you have real LSD, for one, LSD is known to fluoresce blue under a black light. If it does not, you can immediately rule out that you have pure LSD. Not that it's definitive at that point, but it is a good start to identifying your chemical.

LSD is most definitely non-addictive, and as you said, anti-addictive, if anything. LSD has also effectively cured several alcoholics and heroin addicts during studies before it was made illegal for medical and psychiatric use.

Also, flashbacks occur in less than 10% of LSD users, and are actually a form of PTSD. As in, it's not likely to have a flashback of a GOOD trip, it's just that you're about as likely to have a flashback of a bad trip as grandpa is to have a flashback of getting shot at in 'Nam.

To the original poster, the inspiration for that episode came from a closely related fact involving psychedelics and headaches, but NOT lsd and migraines, unfortunately. The actual case is that psilocybin mushrooms, also known as magic mushrooms, shrooms, etc., have been known to cure Cluster Headaches, a specific type of headache only present in a very small percentage of the population.

Do not get the impression that I am saying LSD is safe. There are many rumors about and I merely wish to spread PROPER information, as opposed to contributing to the mass misinformation circulating about this drug, and others of the same type. All drugs should be used responsibly, only by mature adults. Always do research. Always know your body, your chemical, and your mind.

Where to begin...

You claim to have taken LSD many times in your youth, yet later in your post you say that you believe LSD is often laced with Strychnine. My question to this is, Why on earth would you take a drug you know to be laced with a poison? Lucky for you, there are no known recorded cases of LSD being laced with Strychnine, and rat poison has absolutely nothing to do with LSD. Not that you care, or else you'd take the time to look it up.

Next on the list, LSD cannot NOT be made in a proper laboratory. It absolutely MUST be made under laboratory conditions, or it will not synthesize properly, leaving a muddy batch of chemicals that'll be quite inactive. Making LSD in a dirty bathtub is nigh impossible, to say the least.

As for the rest of your post, several of your points were accurate, such as the mechanism of action of the drug itself, and the fact that other drugs are often sold as LSD, including but not limited to DOI, DOB, DOC, or any of the 2c family of psychedelic chemicals. It's either acid or it's not. There are also multiple ways to check if you have real LSD, for one, LSD is known to fluoresce blue under a black light. If it does not, you can immediately rule out that you have pure LSD. Not that it's definitive at that point, but it is a good start to identifying your chemical.

LSD is most definitely non-addictive, and as you said, anti-addictive, if anything. LSD has also effectively cured several alcoholics and heroin addicts during studies before it was made illegal for medical and psychiatric use.

Also, flashbacks occur in less than 10% of LSD users, and are actually a form of PTSD. As in, it's not likely to have a flashback of a GOOD trip, it's just that you're about as likely to have a flashback of a bad trip as grandpa is to have a flashback of getting shot at in 'Nam.

To the original poster, the inspiration for that episode came from a closely related fact involving psychedelics and headaches, but NOT lsd and migraines, unfortunately. The actual case is that psilocybin mushrooms, also known as magic mushrooms, shrooms, etc., have been known to cure Cluster Headaches, a specific type of headache only present in a very small percentage of the population.

Do not get the impression that I am saying LSD is safe. There are many rumors about and I merely wish to spread PROPER information, as opposed to contributing to the mass misinformation circulating about this drug, and others of the same type. All drugs should be used responsibly, only by mature adults. Always do research. Always know your body, your chemical, and your mind.

I think he means that these days the acid is cut with Strychnine, but not

when he took it.

I tried acid several times a long time ago,but it wasn't that strong really.

Double barrel purple microdot and a few other variations.

You had mild hallucinations, but it wasn't as bad as these descriptions

you hear about in the 1960's.

I would never touch chemicals again anyway. These days they can

and will cut them with anything. You don't know what you'd be taking.

Edited by networker (see edit history)