xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unys

Attention Soft Drink Or Soda Drinkers

I have been chubby all my life. It was not until College that the weight starting creeping up on me. I had really bad eating habits. I use to think why am I gaining weight when I really don't eat. The answer...soda. I drank soda all day long without eating. I would carry bottles in my backpack and drink one for lunch and dinner. It was really hard to swtich to diet until I found Coke Zero. All the taste and half the fat. I have tried many diets and I truely believe that our genetics that contribute to being overweight. I am not using this as an excuss because food contributes alot to being overweight. I am stating that it is easier for some people to gain weight and lose it quickly or not gain weight at all. I try to eat good, I still drink soda and water and I try exercise..walking. I know that I will be chubby for the rest of my life never a size 2 but who really knows a person that is a size 2. I like who I am as a person. I know that I control what I eat so I try to make good choices when it comes to food.

Yes, I'm pretty sure genetics has a lot to do with weight gain and weight loss. On my side of the story, I can never gain weight. I eat and drink excessive amounts of unhealthy products, a lot of pop, and a lot of cup cakes, twinkies, etc. I am also a fan of fast food, and eat it usually about 3 times a week, a lot less than I used to but still not too healthy. However, even though I am eating so much nothing happens, no weight gain, I;m afraid if I ever need to gain I won't be able to.

Yes, I'm pretty sure genetics has a lot to do with weight gain and weight loss. On my side of the story, I can never gain weight. I eat and drink excessive amounts of unhealthy products, a lot of pop, and a lot of cup cakes, twinkies, etc. I am also a fan of fast food, and eat it usually about 3 times a week, a lot less than I used to but still not too healthy. However, even though I am eating so much nothing happens, no weight gain, I;m afraid if I ever need to gain I won't be able to.

If you're not too active I'm guessing that your cholestorol would be through the roof. Your pancreas might be on its last leg as well. It'd probably be through the roof anyways because fast food does have quite a lot of trans fats, which your body cannot naturally remove. Of course, this depends on how long you've been eating like this.

My husband's old boss got that stomach staple surgery to reduce his weight. After the surgery, he went to seminars and support groups to try to keep the weight off. One of the speakers got up on stage, opened up a 2 liter of Coke, shook it up a little and let the extra fizz die off. He put a deflated balloon over the spout, then he talked for about an hour and the balloon was almost completely inflated by the time he was done. The carbonation in soda, even soda that's relatively flat, still had enough gas to expand the balloon, so imagine what it's doing to your stomach. Scientists have also shown that carbonation inhibits absorption of calcium in your bones.My suggestion is to stay away from soda all together. :D

My husband's old boss got that stomach staple surgery to reduce his weight. After the surgery, he went to seminars and support groups to try to keep the weight off. One of the speakers got up on stage, opened up a 2 liter of Coke, shook it up a little and let the extra fizz die off. He put a deflated balloon over the spout, then he talked for about an hour and the balloon was almost completely inflated by the time he was done. The carbonation in soda, even soda that's relatively flat, still had enough gas to expand the balloon, so imagine what it's doing to your stomach. Scientists have also shown that carbonation inhibits absorption of calcium in your bones.My suggestion is to stay away from soda all together. happy.gif

That is very true. Carbonation of soda/pepsi/coke... etc releases alot of gas and causes your stomach to expand and bloat. That's why no matter how much you try you diet while you're still drinking beverages you'll still have a huge stomach. I always say that to myself but I just can't stop drinking these stuff :S Actually my body building coach in the gym warned me so much from beverages and I'm working on it. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's addictive lol.

I have been chubby all my life. It was not until College that the weight starting creeping up on me. I had really bad eating habits.I use to think why am I gaining weight when I really don't eat. The answer...soda. I drank soda all day long without eating. I would carry bottles in my backpack and drink one for lunch and dinner. It was really hard to swtich to diet until I found Coke Zero. All the taste and half the fat. I have tried many diets and I truely believe that our genetics that contribute to being overweight. I am not using this as an excuss because food contributes alot to being overweight. I am stating that it is easier for some people to gain weight and lose it quickly or not gain weight at all. I try to eat good, I still drink soda and water and I try exercise..walking. I know that I will be chubby for the rest of my life never a size 2 but who really knows a person that is a size 2. I like who I am as a person. I know that I control what I eat so I try to make good choices when it comes to food.

Concerning the genetic relationship between weight loss or gain, that is also true. Some people are born with genes that makes them go fat rapidly and others are born with genes that would keep them skinny all their life. Actually one of those genes is the Leptin gene that has a cascade function in the body and eventually results in the formation of some enzymes that remove fats, but some people are born with a non-functional Leptin gene and that's why they have high amounts of fats in their body. Also, gaining and losing weight has to do with your metabolism rate. Personally I have a slow metabolic rate and that's why it takes me time to lose weight but I gain weight so fast, and that's why I should always be careful of what I eat.

Ahh, the genetic factor again. I have a very slow metabolic rate, low blood sugar, low temp, low blood pressure and on and on. I have been tested for thyroid and glucose, they are on the low edge of normal; almost outside normal limits. However, since they are within normal limits, they are not considered for treatment, because the doctors all go by the test results. I have all the physical symptoms of low thyroid function and hypoglycemia. Since the tests say I am within normal limits I haven't found a doctor that will listen to my complaints. I am about 50 pounds over-weight and have been for quite a while. I eat sensibly and watch my diet carefully, but I don't lose weight. Having a family history of obesity on my father's side is probably a factor and my mother had similar problems to mine. All I can say is "If you breed two heavy Draft Horses, you are not going to get a sleek Thoroughbred".

As to the carbonated soft drink issue, I agree that carbonation is not good for you as it will cause bloat as well as damage to your digestive tract. I have confined myself to diet caffeine-free soda in an attempt to cut calories, but have to admit that I sometimes use it to fill my stomach so I won't eat.

There are people who are "big boned" but so much of it is down to will power. You have to want it enough to get up in the morning and go for a run and to radically change your diet so that you are eating healthily.

There are people who are "big boned" but so much of it is down to will power. You have to want it enough to get up in the morning and go for a run and to radically change your diet so that you are eating healthily.

Yes, I myself am not overweight on the BMI scale- I want to make it clear, I weigh 8 stone and am 13 years old. I'm sure alot of it's down to drinking soda and other things, but as Stevethedog said- it's all down to will power. It's good that people want to lose weight, but I'm tired of some saying it's too hard and it's practically impossible. What? People say this because the vast majority of people who lose weight just put it back on a few months later because they couldn't be bothered to stick to the regulations. It is possible to retain some eating habits, a soda a day isn't good- but in the long run it isn't that bad. Real calorie intake comes from food with high protein and fat. :D

I have been chubby all my life. It was not until College that the weight starting creeping up on me. I had really bad eating habits. I use to think why am I gaining weight when I really don't eat. The answer...soda. I drank soda all day long without eating. I would carry bottles in my backpack and drink one for lunch and dinner. It was really hard to swtich to diet until I found Coke Zero. All the taste and half the fat. I have tried many diets and I truely believe that our genetics that contribute to being overweight. I am not using this as an excuss because food contributes alot to being overweight. I am stating that it is easier for some people to gain weight and lose it quickly or not gain weight at all. I try to eat good, I still drink soda and water and I try exercise..walking. I know that I will be chubby for the rest of my life never a size 2 but who really knows a person that is a size 2. I like who I am as a person. I know that I control what I eat so I try to make good choices when it comes to food.

i'm always suprised when people don't get it that they gain weight,first of al it has nothin to to with if u eat more or less, the thing is if u eat to much ur budy will store fat, and if u eat less than ur body makes extra fats tissues, cause of the fact that the body gets signals from u that u need to store it for later very simple, so soda or not it doesn't matter,

And yes its often genetical,if u get chubby/fat fast or not, if u do, u need to be thought and concentrate on healthy diets,and nutricians, and most importantly of all u need to exercise alot,thats very simple, but everyone has excuses i'm to busy i work al the time, blabla thats crap, everyone has 5 min or 10 time everyday to do it, it are dumb excuses, and the only thing because most people get weight because or, there just to lazy or just ignore the fact they can get fat,

so for me this discousion is rediculous, u need to exercise, and watch ur diet, very simple

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY EXERCISE ALOT,PEOPLE IF UR CHUBBY OR FAT< AND THE DOCTOR CAN"T FIND ANYTHING ITS TIME TO EXERCISE STOP UR DAMN EXCUSESSSSSSSSS

Yes, the time issue is an excuse. We all have 10 minutes to do some exercise but probably some of us arrive home tired from school or work and we don't feel like running or going to the gym. So I don't know, if it's for health, well but if it's just for looking good, I wouldn't waste my time exercising, I prefer to spend that time with my friends or family or simply to rest. I'm relatively lucky. I don't eat much because I don't get hungry easily and I don't like to eat a lot for no reason. So it's not exactly metabolism because I don't eat too much, I eat everything I want, but it's a smaller amount of food than another person might need to kill the hunger. The negative aspect is that if I tried to gain weight I would found it difficult, but I don't see any reason why I should want this at the moment. By the way I don't exercise and don't have high cholesterol.But don't say that soda or not doesn't matter because that's not true. I know people that simply don't eat water, just coke... and I don't think that is a mere coincidence that they are fat.

Alas I feel its too late now that I realized what was attributing to my sudden weight gain. Though my exercising was minimal I paid good attention on the diet which I was taking and always had a close eye on the calorie meter. But I never expected sodas or the sweetened carbonated beverages which are one my weaknesses can be the culprit for this, thinking them to be a substitute of water I have continued to make this blunder day after day! Now I learned the pitfalls of the same. So please tell me if there is any way which can help me to overcome this habit of mine. Else I would invite further trouble.

I can eat and drink ANYTHING i want and i dont put on any weight. And its nothing to do with genetics. All you have to do is exercise regularly. Join a sport, or go for a run every other day. There is always time for exercise, and it keeps you healthy.

While exercise can be good, you cant expect to lose weight by eating junk food and exercising as well. I'm not sure about metabolism rates, but for me I really gotta watch what I eat as I do tend to slack off a bit, especially after work for a Beer (and maybe order chips/pies with it). But yes, while I also dont mind drinking soda, I drink water heaps as well. Balance helps. :XD:

the problem posted here reflect very similar to my habits , i used to drink a lot of colas. but later had to finally give up . the fizz is actually to much and also increases your tummy. i have been working out now and the best way to give up weight is to Use the Treadmill and Run For atleast 20 min at 9.5kml/hr., well tats wat i used to do . but recently after i had joined worked i dont find much time exercising,i go to work early morning by 6 and reach home very tired aroung 7. this make me too tired and nor do i have time to work out nor i m having proper sleep . working out in the weekends dont help as i feel to lazy to get as these are the two days which i can rest completely.will the discontinuing of gym increase my weight again?i have heard most of my frens saying not to discontinue or the weight increases tremendously.is it true?its almost a month since i worked out properly , my food habits are completely change, now i feel hungry even late in the night.,is this some kinda illness. ??/ :XD: