xisto Community
mahesh2k

Need A Logo For Website Can't Get Into Ideas

Hi friends i'm running site on Xisto - Web Hosting server called http://onecore.net/i think again i need some help,for good touch to the site so pleasse help me can you think of any good logo idea,i want simple,creative,techno-anime style yet smoot for eyes.

can you think of any good idea,mymind is just wandering here and there :D hope u understand that ....

Please send in any dieas for logo almost anything.

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

well you could get ideas from the website's theme and contents. your website says it's about programming (i see a lot of C++ entries). you could start from there. i'm not really good at making logos (i don't have one on my blog, so whatever right?) so i can't really give you a sample logo. i'm just trying to give you some tips that would hopefully help you in your logo-making.

Ok I used to face this problem too everytime I wanted to start a new website (or when I want to change the design of my site). Now, I think it's best for the logo to reflect the content of the site and to include the name of your website and a kind of a slogan. In addition, try to get some catchy stuff going on in your logo... what I mean is your logo should captivate the visitors (if I can say so). Also, the logo must fit with the template of your site (the colors, the design... etc) and try to stay away from glittery and shiny logos because they are bad for the eyes and irritate some people. Anyway, good luck man :D

Hi, I I think that if your site name is one core, you should first try to picture it as it calls, Like 2 concentric circles with the number one in the middle, this should feel corny, but it works like a charm. There?s no need to think out of the box here. The number can be ommited but it gives the logo the picture needed to feel the core of the circles.Hope i?ve been of some help,Check the attached file.Regards!

post-45704-1183427776_thumb.gif

Or even better make it an apple core :D Just try to make sufficiently different from the mac emblem, so as to not get sued. best way to ussually come up with logo's ask a kid, what he thinks when you tell him the title. You alwasy get something fun that you can atleast work with.cheers, and good luck

I quite like the concentric circles (but not the colour scheme, sorry), but perhaps not so rigid, more "flowy" with streams in circles like: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or maybe even similar to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

This is more the sort of style you were looking for I suppose, but admittedly, they are ALOT harder to make, but they do suit your site...

I think that your site doesn't want a "rigid" logo but more "glowing", as I've said as it doesn't fit with the style: it should also be a pale blue/green to match your current color theme.

More of the idea http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/graphics/ending/end.jpg might work

And sorry that they are all Final Fantasy VII screenshots, but it was the only thing that really worked :D

I had an idea for a logo for your site and I made it, so here it is:

Posted Image

Go ahead and tell me if you don't like it. If you decide to use it, here are some suggestions to make it look good on your site:

Set the background color of wherever it's going to be to #333333

Put the logo in a table who's width matches the width of your content and set this image as the table background.

This image is a continuation of the background and the line which should make the logo fit in nicer.

[hr=noshade]

[/hr]

If you don't like it thats fine, just tell me what you don't like about it.

Enjoy! :D

Thanks guys for sending in your suggestions, as far as site is concrened i need good strong log not corporate style but one with i saw at http://www.devlounge.net/ type.what ya think?

I like the one >alex7h3pr0gr4m3r < create dit is good but not suitable as blog logo or website log otherwise for gmaing type of sig or footer its awesome. :D

Agree with some of you that i dont need shiny log but i think logo like yahoo or devlounge is good but can't think of design ?

can u think of any quote?

i know this is pretty old but i'de like to help you with the logo i dont know if you already foud one but i want to get some practice doing this kind of stuff.here's two ideas i had. they're both the same with 1 difference.post-44040-1207622014_thumb.gifpost-44040-1207621994_thumb.gif

Maybe something like this? You can make a line through the circle, with at the one side the word : 'You' and at the other side 'Program Resources', than you've got also what's under your logo now, connection with program resources..

post-60713-1209399621_thumb.gif

Edited by cooleappie (see edit history)

You don't have to use something greatly impressive, look at Google's logo - its really simple, but everyone recognizes it who has used the internet.You just really need something to identify your site by, as soon as it loads, even just plain text with a couple of effects on it.Another thing is, when it gets more complicated, it tends to get bigger, and the bigger, the longer it takes to download, and the more people leave in frustration at waiting for your site to load.