xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Free T17 Domains - Do They Support Subdomains?

Hi! i have a question about the free domains available, do they support subdomains, like can i have sub.site.com for free? I would obviously register site.com first and then how would i get the subdomain there? through cpanel maybe?

Interesting question, that I am shocked no one has brought up? I would assume that it would be possible through a series of credting folders for those subdomains and then using hte redirecting services through cpanel and the domain admin panel. However, since I have never had a paid hosting plan or own a TLD I am only guessing :).EDIT: Call me a moron, after I was reading this post about sub domains it is possible to do it, all you have to do is either park or add-on your domain through the cpanel and then go to sub domains set up in your cpanel put in the subdomain and your set.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

lol smart, i was wondering that before, before i thought logicly and its just like a subdomain.. isnt it unlimited, and are the emails unlimited? (untill you run out of room of course) but yes you have subdomains as SM said

It's really simple, guys.Xisto cpanel offers subdomain creation. You can create subdomain and it would be something like name.yourSite.trap17.com if you do not have a top level domain.When you associate a top level domain, you can still create subdomain of your choosing i.e. something.yourdomain.ext just like any other subdomain or domain you started Xisto.Long answer short, don't worry guys. Xisto's cpanel is a powerful tool. You can create as much subdomain you'd like as long as your domain is associated with cpanel (including add-on domains). Free domains offered by Xisto is just like any other top level domain (providing that the domain name is available for your to request). There's no lack of feature or service just because it's free--Xisto provides full, 100% compatibility.

Thanks, thats good to know, i know that cpanel is easy to use to make sub domains because ive don't it before i just didn't know about the compatibility, but nw im reassured, thanks! i shall be requesting a domain soon methinks!