xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuripro84

Can't Login

Hey guys, I am trying to log into my Xisto account, but can't seem to get in.I may have just forgot my password, but I have it written down, and it worked a few times before :/I did recently change my domain, does that effect the username?If it is my fault and I just forgot something, is there a place I can do the "Forgot Password?" thing, and have my user/pass emailed to me?Thanks in advance to any replies :)

Well I have never heard or even on top of that had this problem. But while typing in your password remember that it is CaSe SeNsItIvE. So watch for that Caps Lock! Or the Num Lock. Or just type it in slow I believe that it is something you are doing no offence.

In addition to what TypoMage said you can change your cpanel password, if you try to login and fail too many times youll see the cpanel web page and there should be a link to change your password, it will cost you 1O hosting credits though i think.. i might be wrong though.

Also to add to that just a bit more if you click on the Free Web Hosting tab at the top of the forum it give you a link to change your cpanel password. Although this only a recommendation, if you a firefox user just save your password in the password manager that way you don't have to worry about forgetting it. Mind you over time you will forget it especially when you clean your cookies or web history; nonetheless, the best thing to do is make the password easy enough for you but still difficult for others to try and crack it.

You changed your domain name. And have changed the nameserver to Xisto, I'm assuming?When you do the domain name change, it will take at least 24-72 hours before your nameserver change can propagate through out the whole WWW servers. During these times you cannot log into your account by using yourdomain.ext/cpanel.This is why we provide an alternative way, which is gamma.xisto.com/cpanel and enter your cpanel user and password.To view your site you can enter gamma.xisto.com/~cpanelname where "cpanelname" is your cpanel username.

Ya, tried all those, i guess I just forgot my password lol. The strange this is, I had it written down, and I logged in a few times before? Oh well, it's only 10 credits :)

Hey guys, I requested a new password. So, I went to the spot, entered my username and password for the forums, and typed in a New CPanel Password. I clicked the next button, and this showed up:

User Data Verfied Successfully!Changing password..
This can take time...
Please be patient..(Do not hit Reload or Back)

Password Change Failed!

What did I do wrong? Is this service down or something?
Luckily, my points weren't deducted :) Glad this system doesn't do that for failed attempts lol

Tried just mixing letters, and no luck. Could it be because I'm using FireFox? I have a little over 50 credits, so I know that's not the reason. And my domain is fully functional now as well.