xisto Community
zak92

Protein Are they all good.

Well here is the thing I love eggs so I basically eat 3 egg sandwiches a day and that makes me full so I really don't eat anything else. I feel healthy but is all this protein good for me?Thanks.

As a youngster, it would probably be okay to eat that many eggs in one day. As you age, you risk a rise in your cholesterol levels from the eggs, I think, but you eating habits will likely change. You really need to eat from all the food groups to maintain a proper diet. Another aspect is exercising. Since the body has all this protein running through it, find an activity the protein will be used in to convert the excess to muscle. run, play, be active (as I sit in a lounging chair and type on the keyboard) :)

Protein is quite good for you, but remember that there are other things that your body needs as well other than proteins that grains, dairy, and fruits/vegetables give you.

The five basic food grpoups in Canada are : MeatDairyFruitsVegetablesBeer... Not necessarily in that order... :)

Side effects are very rare in taking a lot of proteins, since protein is one the 3 basic elements to food, besides fats and carbohydrates. However, some issues can develop when lots of protein is taken, some of which is not properly digested. Usually this relates to excessive gas in the intestinal track. If this occurs just reduce the amount of grams of protein you are taking, until this condition disappears. good luck..!!!

I am not a doctor not even know much about what is good and what is bed for us. But what I know human body need many thing to survive. From water to Iron. Protein is one of the necessary item. But we need many other things. Eating EGG is good but three egg in a day is not that good I believe. I am a healthy man and Happy man. I try to eat fresh and natural food most of the time like vegetable. I like meat and fish also. But i like most Vegetable.

As far as I know 7 eggs in a week is the highest limit for an adult. If you are above 35, your limit is 3 gees in a week. So, I think you are eating more eggs and it may be harmful to you.

Well here is the thing I love eggs so I basically eat 3 egg sandwiches a day and that makes me full so I really don't eat anything else. I feel healthy but is all this protein good for me?
Thanks.

I guess you have to cut you eggs consumption. There is no exact standard of eggs' consumption for adult people in medicine.
Of course, eggs are good source of protein. Eggs protein contain all nesseary amino acids. However an yolk of eggs contains a lot of cholesterol, which is hamfull for any age people. The more a blood level of cholesterol the more cardiovascular disease risk in the future. You may feel no sign of the disease. The high blood level of cholesterol lead to coronary disease, infarct, stroke and so on after 50 y o age. Nowdays cardiologist are changing of cholesterol blood level, they are reducing the level.
To avoid cholesterol overconsumption, you have to separate an yolk from egg-white. You also may to replace eggs by curd without fat.

I was reading all these replys to your protein question. I would like to know why you wish to live off protein?. I go to the gym 4 times a week and have 3 x 500ml protein shakes. I have three because my body needs that many grams of protein for what I do in the gym. I have one in the morning and one mid afternoon. I have my last shake within 45 minutes after the gym, becausse that is when your muscles most need it. I read somewhere that too much protein can be bad for your kidneys too, not sure if true or not.. I was eating 6 eggs a day for a while to help build me up but I only had the whites. The yolk is the fatty part.If you are trying to slim down then you will still need to eat more than just proteins. Hope this has helped. :o

I read somewhere that too much protein can be bad for your kidneys too, not sure if true or not..

There is no evidences, that too much protein may lead to kidney disease. However some nutritionist guess, that high protein diet or very long term causes increasing amino acids level in the blood. These amino acids bind calcium and this may lead to osteoporosis after 50 or 60 y o. But this is a mere supposition, without strong evidences. However you can protect yourself by eating more dairy products.

yeah, TOO MUCH protein can be very bad for you. I too believe that its bad for your kidneys (believe I saw it on the telly). Afterall, to much of a good thing is a bad thing, and to much calcium is bad for you, and calcium makes you stronger. best in moderation

You can have soyabeans which is the highest nutritive food out which is foung in recent research works.Consume it daily you would really be very health all throught out your life.

There are not [proteins] really good when you are working out in the gymnasium, for instance.At first stage, they give you muscles , so your body looks good. But, when you become older, and you are not working out anymore. Your muscles will kind of destroyed, it will seem like they are filled with water, so they will become soft and fat which will come down. This is what I heard about still today. Do not use chemicals, they will reveal themselves in the far future.!!!

I would have to say that if you are eating 3 egg sandwiches/day and that's it, you should try to switch it up and add more variety. Not only of the other food groups, but of different kinds of protein as well. Not all proteins are built the same, and you may be missing out on some very important Amino Acids in your diet. Not only that, but eggs are probably the worst form of protein you could eat, considering the fact that they have so much cholesterol... maybe if you wanted to keep eating eggs, you could alternate with egg beaters too, since they have less bad stuff. But you should also try to eat meats and beans for protein. Don't forget too that you should be consuming plenty of dairy, and you could use things like yogurt and cheese to boost your protein intake as well... If you are trying to keep a high protein diet, a good rule of thumb is that you should eat about 1 - 1.5 grams of protein/lb of body weight. This is recommended for people who are trying to bulk up thru weight training or strenuous exercise, so if you aren't doing that you should probably stop.

As far as I know from biology class, two eggs per day for an adult is enough to absorb protein. For more, one will be exposed to a high risk of cholesterol-caused chain diseases like coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis. As the basic foundations of protein, amino acid counts. Among all the eighteen kinds of indispensable amino acid which can not be produced inner our body, there might be some kinds of amino acid that you cannot obtain merely from eggs. Thus a lot of other various kinds of food is necessary for you, taking your future health condition into consideration, including those can aid to produce decompose into indispensable amino acid through the inner metabolism. For more detailed information about the amino acids, you can refer to some professional books or your doctor. There you can get a more nutritious diet suggestion than now. For the long run, you'd better pay more attention to your variety and nutrition of your absorption.