xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilo

A Way To Get More Space And Bw by credits

OK its come to me that since people apply for hosting sights and are getting it without any problem, so there is some BW and webspace not used by anyone atm. Why not give active members possibility to get more BW and space? and by active i mean very active.Lets say i have a 30 credit pack. Upkeeping that pack costs me 1 credit per day (30 per month)I can apply for another 30credit pack, but it would cost me 60 credit and cost me another 1 credit per day (30 for this one and 30 for the previous = 60 credits per month). Basicly you'll be getting another acount but with the same user and server.It can be done many times and the price keeps increasing.1st time(normal)30 credits total , 1 credit per day upkeep2nd time90 credits total , 2 credits per day upkeep3rd time90 credits + 90 credits = 180 credits , 3 credit per day upkeepand so onso basicly the price of upgrade = number of upgrade * 30 creditsAnd price of upkeep= number of upgrades * 1 credit per dayThis only applys to 30 credit pack not 10 credit packJust a thought, there isn't a limit to how much you can upgrade. Some might think this is too much and the person upgrading like 5 times would get a lot of BW and webspace. But if someone is upgrading a lot means either he is buying credits by real $ and thus generating money for this sight or he is posting a lot and giving the sight more views and clicks. As far as i can see it one very active person who would post like 5 good long posts per day is better than 3 persons who just log in for 5 minutes to make a stupid 1 credit worth post just to maintain their hosting acount.Comments :)?

Edited by khalilo (see edit history)

Yes I know that :). but since there is BW and webspace unused by any one right now there shouldn't be a problem in giving some members more. As i said gettign more BW and webspace means being very more active to maintain that upgrade.

Edited by khalilo (see edit history)

Well that could be said the same for those who do have web hosting but don't use it and just give it to those who do, but regardless web space and bandwidth have been divvied out so admin know how many web hosting accounts the can handle one server. That is why when your maxing out bw in the first day it is time for you to purchase a payed hosting plan, however, if you know how to use your resources right then you can stretch your bandwidth quite a lot.

One sure method to effectively increase the use of your available bandwidth on your account is to use Image Hosting services like Imagefilez instead of your own Hosting space for the images you use on your site. If you insist on storing Images on your account space, optimize them for the web. Usually, you can reduce an image size considerably without losing much detail or having it pixelize. Host any downloadable files on a File Server instead of your hosting account space. Optimize your pages by using external css files instead of embedded CSS, and use div's instead of bulky table based designs for your pages.Just a couple of suggestions.And Members are only allowed one Free Hosting Account, so the second account option is not a possibility. IP checking is done on each application to avoid duplicate accounts.

The credit system was designed to use it as "bartering" method to start a free web hosting, no ads by Xisto. Logically, if you have time and energy to save such amount of hosting credits to barter for extra bandwidth or space you are better off going with Xisto - Web Hosting's paid plan. For $3.33 per month you can have 2.1GB space with 33.3GB bandwidth.How much does it cost to post extra 180 credits? Perhaps more than $3.33 per month... :)Xisto isn't pushing members to become paid customers. However, it is sensible to start with $3.33 plan. Although a suggestion was good at this time the answer is no.However, don't despair. Getting a free domain name for exchange with hosting credits were suggested by many members and now we have that service.

I'd agree with BuffaloHelp: if you want anymore bandwidth, pay for it; if you are using that much bandwidth either:-You should be hosting files on another file server: uploadit, megaupload etc.-You should be putting really large images on a free image loader-You get ALOT of visitors.otherwise 10BG of bandwidth is good for 10000 visitors a month!and if you get ALOT of visitors, then a small advert will be more then enough to cover all hosting expences, and you may even be able to generate excess income: $3.33 a month shouldn't be that hard........unless of cause you are hosting illegal files, which means you can't put them on a file server, nor place ads on your site.....what was your url again :)