xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reconraiders

Addon Domains [resolved]

How can I set up addon domains on my Xisto account?

The notice says this:

Note:This feature must be enabled for your account before you can use it. Addon Domains will not be functional unless the domain name is registered with a valid registrar and configured to point to our DNS servers.

Does this mean you do not allow addon domains on Xisto? Or does it mean I have to do something special in order for it to work?

I'm pretty sure I know you're problem. I had Exactly the same thing a while back.You need to submit a support request or watch this post in the support forum, and wait diligently for an admin or the support people to simply turn on the feature for you.BuffaloHelp fixed it when I asked the addon domains to be allowed for my account (asking on the forums), and it didn't take very long!Good Luck!

Add-on for your account was, and has been, enabled. Notice the second part of the message: have you pointed your desired domain to ns1 and ns2.trap17.com? This is your first step. Then, use add-on to add another domain to your hosting. If you change nameserver to Xisto, take note that it may take up to 72 hours before you can Add-On to your account. It happens with some registrars and where you are located.

Hmmm... weird. I had the name servers right since the start. I tried adding it after 24hours. I checked on a few whois sites and the whois info said it was pointing to Xisto. Everything seemed in order, but it still wasn't working. It was giving me some error messages. I think the problem was that when I tried it originally it didn't work but it left a blank directory for the new domain. Then every time I tried after that it would see that directory with the same name and cause an error. I deleted that directory and it worked. Everything is in working order now. Thanks.