xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chrisnield

Domains: Where To Find And How To Setup?

Ok guys so im thinking about purchasing a domain, Im know that Xisto does support the use of our own domains but I have never set one up before.I was wonder if anyone knew where to get the cheapest and most reliable domains from? and if I were to purchase one could somebody possibly help set it up or something because I had a look through the cpanel but I couldn't really figure out what to do. Thanks.

cheapest and most reliable is definatly yahoo. its like about 9 dollars a year, usually their like 12+

or you can get the special offer (if your at invisionfree or somethign like taht) and for the first year it is 2 bucks

domains.computinghost.com is a Xisto site which handles Domain purchases, set-up, etc. Or find it in the top Bar of every Forum page under "Xisto".Why not keep it in the family, and at the same price as Yahoo!, too. dot coms $7.99 USD for the first year, same as Yahoo Small Business...

I'd think more about the reliability rather than price. Domains are fairly cheap. A few extra bucks per year is worth a nice solid domain. I have a domain from computing-host and so far no problems. I always liked Xisto - Web Hosting because it never tied me down to it, if I ever wanted to leave there are no contracts holding my domain to them, plus a 60 day guaranty? You can't beat that!

I've always used 123-Reg for my domain needs - they are pretty cheap and very reliable. For example, .co.uk domains are only Ł2.59 a year. They have a huge array of domains available and I've never had any problems with them. I've also found the Nominet confirmation arrives quicker from them than from other domain providers.

Setting a domain up is a fairly easy process. Once you have your domain, PM me or email me (look in my profile) and I'll guide you through it.

Thanks for the offers guys, my mate mentioned 123-Reg to me so I may consider them, then again Xisto - Web Hosting would be strong competition. I will study them both further at a later date, probably after my pay day :) and after I have spoken to the other admins to see if we can get the traffic to make it worthwhile but I don't think it will be too much of a problem. If I get stuck I will make sure to PM a few of you :) Hopefully it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Let a Xisto - Web Hosting user share his thoughts. When I first bought my first paid hosting with computing-host, I paid an extra 10 SGD for a domain. I guess you can argue that it is about 6-7 USD. Within less than 6 hours, I could access my domain and everything went smoothly, no problems whatsoever. I believe Xisto - Domains.com is managing my domain registration. And till now, I have not had a single problem with it at all. Oh did I mention that I have been owning my own domain for the past month and so far, I have not encountered any problems.