xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I also use spybot. But I always forget to check for updates...I wish it would just check and download them on it's own.but other than that, it's really quite good. Is adaware better? Or are they about the same? I've heard quite a few good things about it.

You can also check out spyware doctor. It is a good spyware and adware remover. I have been using it fr quite some time now and it has been doing a very good job about removing the spyware and adwares.

why dont you try it?

a tried 4 or 5 antivirus programs and all i can say that none of them is perfect ;) norton antivirus is good but he eats lots of resources on computer...panda isnt so good, kaspersky is okay but i dont prefer this prog...my vote goes to NOD32...its the best solution for everyone...he is fast, have good virus protection, nice look... ;)

Hey Spawn,Check out my post re: anti-virus in the forums. Just search on my username to find it. Adaware & Spybot are both excellent programs. They'll probably find "spyware" left behind by your recent AOL uninstall that's still clogging up your computer and limiting your bandwidth for websurfing. Other progies are listed in my other post with suggestions on how to use them effectively. Clean out all the trash and don't forget to install a firewall if you were using AOLs firewall before. "Zonealarm" is an excellent one & it's FREE. It's a little hard to find on their website though because they want you to look at their paid version first but you can get it.Hope this HelpsCheers! ;)

AVG is the best anti-virus I've ever seen in my life... doesn't eat resources and crash all the time like I've found other scanners do... it picks up viruses that even Norton's misses... ;) ... (I was testing it whilst I had Norton's and discovered that Norton was missing stuff ;))

And don't be fooled by the free... they make their money from business, not the average user... AVG Anti-Virus

I have installed and use regularly ad-aware and spybot. Both seem to work well and are kept up to date, and of course, being free makes them that much more attractive. I also had a problem the other day where I found my home page on internet explorer had been reset and kept changing back despite by best efforts (another reason I moved to firefox) and found the hijackthis was a great program to help find the various entries this virus had left on my pc. It also took a bit of help from people on another forum, but eventually I got it fixed.

I use both Ad-aware and Spybot S&D. I believe that they are both really good programs especially when used in combination.You must remember though that no one program can get everything so it is always nessecary to use a combination. And also try to avoid getting spyware in the first place, don't download anything that looks to dodgy and don't use IE as it is much more vunerable to thesesort of threats.

I use AVG free edition. This antivirus has really good mail scanner. It is alsob scan .zip and .rar archive batter then Norton ;) And the greatest plus is........ the program is free!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Norton also scans archived files isn't it?

it picks up viruses that even Norton's misses... :P ... (I was testing it whilst I had Norton's and discovered that Norton was missing stuff ;))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think there'll be any antivirus program can detect all viruses, I just think that Norton has a wider virus definition database than most other antivirus programs...

Oh well... since I'm going to buy another computer to replace my dad's old computer, I might give it a try.

I use Norton and I guess it works pretty well... No more viruses so far... Wait, but if it doesn't detect it, I won't know anyway... Meh. I use McAfee for my mom's computer... Not sure if that's good either... Umm... Yeah... I'm not sure what works...