xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Nod32 Is the best antivirus out there!
It has heaps of awards and I have had no issues what-so-ever with it. It is brilliant.

I'm Also Using Nod32 for years already......I'm also using Zone alarm, recently i'm using outpost firewall.....

Nod32 have quick feedback for virus pattern that i've submitted to them.....and i really like this one... :rolleyes:

I use NOD32 for anti-virus and I find it to be one of the most lightweight. As for its ability to catch viruses, it never allowed one to enter the system (3 years).As for firewalls, I use BlackICE, which is quite light and its configuration is pretty straightforward.I do not use application protection software (I've got the one that comes with BlackICE disabled), since all such utilities are extremely heavyweight.

I use norton and I think it's good enough because I haven't got infected for long times since 1997.I don't think I need some firewall, the better way is to close ports unnecessary.

As i probably already have stated, the best antivirus for a windows pc is avast. It is completely free for a typical user, does not hog memory, and runs very quickly. I have never gotten any spyware or virus' since i started using this software two years ago.

Well, I don't actually use an anti-virus (no use for it), but the two best anti-virus programs are Kaspersky and NOD32. Kaspersky has better definitions, but it scans slower. NOD32 scans faster, but it's definitions aren't quite as good. If I were to install an anti-virus (peh, like that would happen), it would be NOD32 -- only because I'm impatient.

I currently use avg free, I really dont have one because I feel like I need it, I keep it there just in case and only in the partition that has internet access. In the partition that I use for music production, I keep it without internet access and without any antivirus consuming the resources.

I currently use avg free, I really dont have one because I feel like I need it, I keep it there just in case and only in the partition that has internet access. In the partition that I use for music production, I keep it without internet access and without any antivirus consuming the resources.

This setup intrigues me. Perhaps you could explain it a bit more? How did you set it up, exactly?

I'd like to use this sort of set up for my new PC in December.

I use NOD 32 although I was more happy with Kasperski but I have heard that it can make some serious problems with your windows so I changed to NOD. Whatever as some said before if someone wants to get in your computer they will-anti virus programs only slow them and stop stupid-made viruses.

i think is kaspersky because he is on a best buy list and he is non-stop scanned for viruses..

here is the list

1. Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition PremiumAntiVir is a consistent leader in independent antivirus tests. Avira's AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium is a low-impact, easy to use virus scanner that also includes rootkit detection and phishing protection. Five euros of each purchase is automatically donated to the Auerbach Foundation, a non-profit that supports various charity and community-related services. AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium should be used in conjunction with a firewall.
Buy Direct
2. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal offers excellent antivirus protection, perhaps unsurpassed in its ability to unpack and scan compressed files - something that trips up a lot of other vendors. Should be used in conjunction with a firewall.
Compare Prices
3. BitDefender Antivirus Plus
Softwin's BitDefender Professional protects against viruses, spyware, and instant messaging threats, as well as offering firewall rules to block undesirable traffic and a privacy gateway to keep your identity and preferences private while surfing the Internet.
Compare Prices
4. McAfee VirusScan Plus
McAfee VirusScan Plus is an ideal candidate for those seeking an antivirus/firewall combination without all the bloat of traditional Internet security suites. McAfee VirusScan Plus makes an easy job of removing adware and spyware, something not all antivirus products deliver.
Compare Prices
5. Panda Antivirus 2007
Panda Antivirus 2007 combines antivirus, antispyware, and antiphishing with its highly touted behavior-based TruPrevent Technology. License covers use on two computers and includes free tech support via email (telephone support options are also available).
Compare PricesRead Review
6. F-PROT Antivirus
F-PROT Antivirus for Windows offers a feature that's increasingly harder to find - it includes a command-line scanner that can be used to create a rescue CD for scanning the system in Safe Mode. This is a particularly effective way to remove stubborn resuscitators. Firewall not included.
Buy Direct
7. G Data AntiVirusKit (AVK)
AntiVirusKit (AVK) provides a double layer of protection, bundling two of the best antivirus engines - Kaspersky and BitDefender - under a single, easy-to-use console. Like Nod32, you'll also want to bolster G Data's AVK with a firewall.
Buy DirectRead Review
8. AVG Anti-Malware
AVG Anti-Malware combines traditional virus protection with adware and spyware scanning, in a low impact footprint ideal for resource-strained PCs or those who just want the best performance possible out of their computers. Free tech support is available via email and the standard license includes two years of protection. Should be used in conjunction with a firewall.
Buy Direct
9. Eset Nod32
Nod32 features a small footprint, low performance hit, and fast scan speeds, providing focused virus protection ideal for gamers or those with an older PC. Should be used in conjunction with a firewall.
Compare Prices

Then you choise...

Notice from rvalkass:

Please avoid double posting. Also, anything you copy must be put in QUOTE tags. Copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

In my humble opinion, I would recommend AVG (http://www.avg.com/de-de/homepage) as one of the top antivirus packages.

I think so for the following reasons:

It is completely free

Every day there are new virus definitions

You don't have to remember updating or checking for updates, it does it automatically.

It is a very straightforward and user friendly program.

It has never changed from free to paid.

Although there are paid for versions, Grisoft never spam or nag you to upgrade to a paid version.

They do not even advertise their paid versions (except on their web site of course).

Contrary to other virus packages, which either give you a certain period for free, or promise you a 'free' version, only to, after a few months of use, get in touch with you to tell you they will not be offering the free version anymore, AVG has been free and remained so in all the years (about 7 years now) I have been using it.

i have never had a single email from them to try and persuade me to switch to a paid for package.

And besides, it does the job you use it for very well.

I have been using NOD32 for monitoring files from threats, trojans and virus. NOD32 monitors files, documents and emails. I find it to be one of the most lightweighted antivirus program out there.

As my own experience, I've recommend this program to customers and friends, because of the programs reliability. I havent got any threats in my system for almost three years time while using NOD32.

In my humble opinion, I would recommend AVG (http://www.avg.com/de-de/homepage) as one of the top antivirus packages.

I think so for the following reasons:

It is completely free

Every day there are new virus definitions

You don't have to remember updating or checking for updates, it does it automatically.

It is a very straightforward and user friendly program.

It has never changed from free to paid.

Although there are paid for versions, Grisoft never spam or nag you to upgrade to a paid version.

They do not even advertise their paid versions (except on their web site of course).

Contrary to other virus packages, which either give you a certain period for free, or promise you a 'free' version, only to, after a few months of use, get in touch with you to tell you they will not be offering the free version anymore, AVG has been free and remained so in all the years (about 7 years now) I have been using it.

i have never had a single email from them to try and persuade me to switch to a paid for package.

And besides, it does the job you use it for very well.

I know several computer companies in my neighbourhood, providing their customers computers with grisoft's AVG free edition. After running a NOD32 In-depth analysis on their AVG free protected system I'm soon to find a couple of threats that AVG free had missed out. It's now you starting wondering about how safe your computer is. I think it's horrible not knowing theres a threat executing your system when you think that you are protected and safe.