xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I have nod32on my XP bootand norton360' on myvista boot. I think 360'sdesign and all that is better, but for superior speed, go with nod32

ohh ji.. am toh total anti-piracy guy.. and really, cant afford to spend money on softwares.. so, i use all the free softwares.. avast was once my fav.. but now, NO.. i takes up a lot of memory.. so, avg is the way to go.. and yeah, i use windows defender + spyware-search and destroy..

When i first bought my pc , i used NORTAN nati virus , but when the norton updates starts it kinda uses a lotta RAM memory, so later i shifted to AVG anti virus , i used this onwe for quite a long time, but soon found it doesnt scan all the pasrt of the compute , now i use KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY v6 .,and i should say its by far the best i have ever come across. some people say nod32 is also good ., but i m satisfied with KIS.

Posted Image

I use Norton Antivirus 2004 for manual scans. I never utilize the auto-protect because I hate resource hogs... and AVs are resource hogs.Over time, I'm hearing good things about Spybot, Avast, AVG, Ad-Aware, Zone Alarm, and a few others I can't remember to name. I would suggest those if you are undecided as to what to choose for an AV.I don't personally use anything but Norton's manual scans just because I try to be very careful and wary of what I download and do on the Internet. Keep in mind these little tips:- Don't open up any e-mails from anyone you don't know.- Don't blindly save things.- Multimedia files do not harbor viruses (like pictures, video, and music files).- However, archives and compressed files (ZIPs, RARs, TARs), regardless of their content, MAY harbor viruses and other malware.- If it looks out of place, not from a trusted source, or you have that gut feeling, don't mess with it.- Don't let just any online application "scan" your computer and "optimize" it. These are usually the culprits that bring in spyware.- Get to know how things work normally on your computer so you know if you've been infected.- If you have been infected, back up all of your work and personal files onto an external hard drive, scan it with multiple AVs (not one AV will find and eliminate everything), then proceed with a clean wipe and reinstall. I recommend you do a complete delete and full format of the hard drive before reinstalling to prevent recurring viruses.Don't rely on AVs to save your butt. Use your head and apply common sense. Prevention is key to maintain a well-functioning machine. :P

I use AVG 7.5 Internet Security System, its quite dependable as it updates daily, plus there are many other features available with the software like; firewall, anti-spam, anti-virus and anti-spyware, for their prices this is quite a deal If you ask me. Also there is a free version available but its only the virus scan but its just as great as it doesn't feel likes its sapping away your computers memory.

I personally use NOD32 and never had a virus on my computer since I have it, because it has Active protection and protects me from Spyware and Viruses. When I enter the wrong site which tries to download something harmfull even when I use FF to be more safe, it just pops out with a message and I can stop the threat. It has also very fast virus scanning engine and has one of the best results in antivirus tests. I definitely recommend this software.

I was using Kaspersky but I've changed to Mcafee 2007, and it is alot better than kaspersky with a lower load.the reason why i changed to Mcafee is becouse i had Kaspersky running on my computer and it did not protect my computer fully aginst viruos's torjans etc, but with Mcafee been using it for 3 months and so far so good.Mcafee also updates it self, it keeps updating once in a while, so that it well stay up to date with every kind of virous's and torjans.and i highly recommend Mcafee 2007 due to its great protection.

Edited by Surda (see edit history)

I use NOD32, and I think compared to the other well-known antivirus software, it is the most lightweight. And I feel that. I have used Norton AntiVirus, but it is too heavy, and it's eating up the system's resources. The same is the Kaspersky. I never had viruses with the other two, but with NOD also I'm free of infections. So I decide to stay with NOD32. Also it has a big forum with support in Bulgaria :)

Nod32 Is the best antivirus out there!It has heaps of awards and I have had no issues what-so-ever with it. It is brilliant.

Definatly AVG. Because its such a good AV and it updates everyday so you KNOW your protected. It gives you alerts when theres high danger worms and viruses out there and is free!