xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

best firewall for windows powered computers is probably BlackICE. His simple structure, and Aplication Protection makes it porbably the best in market.I read lot's of u here use zone alarm, but on some forums i found posts in which people really had attacks using that one..

Esets' NOD 32 is the BEST because it's light(40mb+ HD space consumption) and my PC is virtually virus free. Even upon installation it cleans you PC from Virii and Spyware and Malwares. Other Commercial AV's can't clean some of the viriis that NOD32 can.

I usually use AVG, but since I got my new computer, the pre installed Norton hasn't expired yet, so I'll just keep using that until I have a reason to switch. But I agree with most of you, Norton does suck. It consumes so many recources, and it almost always gets comprimised with the virus. AVG is sooooo much better.

Ok. Here's the problem. My supscription on Norton is about to run out (that's a good thing) and I need a replacement. For antivirus, i've already chosen AVG, but I don't have a firewall yet. Does anyone know any good FREE firewalls? Please give me some proof behind your decision, if you have any. I really need to know what the BEST one is, because I don't want a buggy, RAM + CPU eating firewall.

There might be a topic somewhere that discusses many firewalls, but you can go here: http://www.agnitum.com/index.php and download their free one. I use it myself. It has been detecting everything so far. It also has certain presets for certain programs. Quite handy.

Oh, and this one is very easy on the comp. Unlike others i've tried. It is not resource hungry.

ZoneAlarm is pretty good (I use it on all of my computers, and relatives and friends computers, except my main desktop). It's bi-directional, meaning it wil block programs on your system from sending out dangerous data. It's resonably fast, and even the free version packs a whole bunch of features. The one thing that a newbie won't like is how many popup alerts it generates, but you will quickly understand what they mean.