xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

lol i use AVG Free edition, it can remove any virius in the history of virisus.my grandma's computer had somthing like 400 virisus, and she had macafe (spelling) it was compltetley updates and firewall set up, and she still had these virisus, i tryed cleaning the virsus using McAfee, it only cleaned about 50, then i used norton, and it cleaned maybe 10 and it was the latest version, fully updates, then i said screw this, downloaded Avg Free and it cleaned them all, i did a search with all three Anti-Virisu programs and there was nothing to be foundand i use Spybot Search and Destroy.firewall, meh who needs it, i just have windows firewall on.. thats good enough for me, if someone wants to try hacking me let them try, they wont get anywhere, and i will hit them back atleast 3 times worse than what they can do to me :D

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

lol i use AVG Free edition, it can remove any virius in the history of virisus.
my grandma's computer had somthing like 400 virisus, and she had macafe (spelling) it was compltetley updates and firewall set up, and she still had these virisus, i tryed cleaning the virsus using McAfee, it only cleaned about 50, then i used norton, and it cleaned maybe 10 and it was the latest version, fully updates, then i said screw this, downloaded Avg Free and it cleaned them all, i did a search with all three Anti-Virisu programs and there was nothing to be found
and i use Spybot Search and Destroy.

firewall, meh who needs it, i just have windows firewall on.. thats good enough for me, if someone wants to try hacking me let them try, they wont get anywhere, and i will hit them back atleast 3 times worse than what they can do to me :D

Same here :D... :D

Anti-Virus: F-Prot from FSIAnti-Spyware: Ewido and Spybot
Firewall: Hardware+Linux based iptables

I had ewido, i dont think its really good though, well it is but keeps telling me about the same viruses. Just took out AVG and deleted them..

Firewall: Hardware+Linux based iptables

I highly recommend you should delete or disab;e one of those two because if you run both of them at the same time , they will cause your PC unsecured (Sorry but if they are one program then ignore my message) :D

On my main PC I am going to install Norton Internet Security '06 in a few days. We've got a few days left on the updates for '04 and we're getting every penny out of them :D On my laptop I have AVG and a mixture of anti-spyware software. I also use Linux on there which seems to work quite well as an anti-virus program on it's own!

I use about 5 i think lol.Anti Virus:AVG free edition. Windows Security Center (Not the firewall)Firewall: Zone Alarm 6Spy/Adwares :, Adware SE, Spybot Search and DestroyAfter my system crashed im not taking anymore chances!

Anti Virus:AVG Free

Firewall: AtGuard (Ancient firewall, excellent though, many know it now as Norton firewall)

Spy/Adwares: Not neccesary, since I do keep of suspicious sites :) but I have Ad-Aware 1.06 Personal, just to be on the safe side...

And soon, I will install one machine, with Linux, to use as a router, so there will be iptables on it...

One question though... How can hardware firewall, combined with iptables, make computer less protected?

Anti-Virus: Avira AntiVir 7.?Firewall: Sygate Personal Firewall 5.0Antispy-/Adware programs: None since I've learned from mistakes on earlier machinesplus: GnuPG + several front-ends/plug-ins to other programs

Which do you think is the best Firewall used to protect our Computer ever ? I think Zone alarm Internet Security suit from Zone Labs will beat them all , why ? It features eveything you need to protecy your PC from bad spywares and viruses , it is the most trusted product out of them , many other can't but when Zone Alarm gives you : Basic Network and Program Firewall , Advanced Network and Program Firewall , Operating System Firewall , Anti-Spyware , Antivirus Protection , Identity Theft Protection , Game Mode , Spy Site Blocking , Privacy Protection , Anti-Spam & Anti-Phishing , Email Security , IM Protection and Wireless PC Protection. How about you guys , post what you think here :)

An independent clean-installed computer that is dedicated for a hardware-firewall. It basically Looks like this:Internet -> computer with firewall -> your network.Add an antivirus and anti spyware and that can be sure enough for you to be secure.

The best? microsoft ofcourse there the only 1 with the sourcode of windows and they can make the best / low pc use and fast firewall software made.But basicly if you want a good firewall yust buy a hardware 1 I dont like software firewalls there pritty much utherly useless. Always updating the software etc. A firewall thats hardware never updates and even if it dus its like 1x in 2 years when its needed.