xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I have used many from windows, norton to mcafee and zone alarm etc. But the safest most reliable and the one with most structural integrity has been zone alarm.

The question is is there a firewall that can block and secure all computer ports?

I can't remember but i have found a website that scans for holes in ur firewall and tells you.

Notice from electriic ink:
A belated move from Hardware
Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

I have used many from windows, norton to mcafee and zone alarm etc. But the safest most reliable and the one with most structural integrity has been zone alarm. It is safe reliable and if you get the bundle you can also get an antivirus that comes with it. Usually other firewalls get corrupted files within 1-1.5 years for me but zone alarm you don't have to worry about oh no i'm not protected what am i going to do.I can't say that every body will have the same results but you can try it and decide for your self... <_<

For Windoes, Sygate offers a good firewall too. So does EZ (Computer Associates). All linux distros and all BSD distros come with excellent firewalls. If you are behind a well setup router/firewall, you probably won't need one.

Yeah, firewalls suck. The new Norton Firewall takes too much of your RAM memory. I couldn't do anything on my computer, it kept on stalling. I had to uninstall it.Norton used to be the best but they try to add to many features and stuff that makes your computer run slower, and the free firewalls always come with spyware or ad's or something, there's always a catch. Your best bet is not to venture into unknown websites and block ports you don't need. Check your open ports often and if you find suspicious ports opened, it's time to format your PC <_<.

I use Norton. I guess it's good since I haven't got hacked yet . Every once in a while it says it's blocked a trojan attack, but I assume it was probably just some program trying to use a common trojan port.

don't use software firewalls (besides XP's) becasue I have 2 routers with built in firewalls. The software just makes it all more complicated becasue it won;t let me FTP through 4 firewalls and it blocks many other stuff

<_< Me, I use Tiny Personal Firewall. Search it at google. It's really good. Specially when you run unknown applications, it will prompt you. If you need help in registering it, e-mail me at 01karlo@gmail.comChao...