xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Even though Panda Antivirus is a good program for protection, I would not recommend it for low to mid-end systems. On my cheap 1.33GHz machine, installing it slowed it down to a crawl and made my work very unproductive. I spend more time waiting for my computer than anything else.

I've used AVG before, now using avast!... The only thing that I find that makes avast! better than AVG is the fact that with avast you can scan a single file.. useful if you need to scan just one or more files and not the entire disk...other than that, I don't see anything different about both AVG and avast.. both does a good job keeping virus from disturbing me..

Hi,I just wanted to tell everyone about my websites podcast at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. I'm sure you might think that why am I trying to get a free hosting account when I am already paying 500 dollars for one else where, i want my users to have their own turnerzworld email, so yourname@turnerzworld.com, and to do that I need Cpanel, thats where Xisto Comes in, though i am planning on starting my own free hosting service with cpanel. 1gb of space for all users. Well, i'll see.-Alexander turnerCEO turnerzworld.com

I have another good one. This is Computer Associates' eTrust EZ Antivirus. It uses little memory from what I knwo, it doesn't cause system meltdowns like McAffee does, and it's relatively cheap. I don't use it my self now, but I know several who do, and recommend it for those who need an easy antivirus product.

i was using the one which came with my anti-virus to begin with. avg firewall. but then it got annoying when i had to un/block programs so i just stuck with the sp2 firewall program. its alot easier to manage and works a charm. even my norton one was worse now that i look back. they all had pop-ups and all this random mumbo jumbo which really annoyed me. sp2s firewall thing is just easier and simple.

i'm using avg anti-virus... cause its free and i'm poor hhaa. it works great, nice and easy and little irritatioon from po-ups and balloons etc u get with norton. mcafee was oka aswell, but avg is just easier. i have to admit, the gui for avg is not up to scratch, but hey it does the job and thats all that matters when it comes down to it. i also use ad-aware for all the stpud spyware which runs thorugh my pc. before using it i had so much soyware it wasnt funny... my pc lagged like hell sometimes. really bad. with these two installed though my pc is running pretty welll, just gotta replace those two fans which died over summer lol.

Im currently using ZoneAlarm and i think it is quite good! Firstly, it doesnt slow down your computer like most Antivirus software do, like for instants, Nortan [slows down my pc hard!]Its also got antispyware, and cleans all the adware, spyware. So its safe, fast and the most easiest to use.

i Would have to say trend pccillin is one of the best antiviruses that i have used i know everyone is going to moan because you have to pay but when it comes to trendmicro pccillin 2006 i would say it is worth it !!!!I have tried alot of other anti virus programs but most of them you need two or three to get everything you need for example a firewall, spyware scans and then the real time scanning and so on !! but with trend you have one program that does everything that you need !! without having to install so many different programs that you forget which one does what !!So pay a bit up front but they give you a quality support and all updates after that are free !! so unless you want to upgrade the program you don't pay anything else. All the free ones i have used either have upgrades for the scanning and stuff but you neeed to pay for them or they have free upgrades for the scanning which are released once a month or something stupid like that or they come out regularly but they do not have all the latest viruses that are out, thereby making it very very pointless. So i would diffenately rewcommend trend micro pccillin 2006 for your anti virus since i got it i have not had a virus infect my machine and i have it running on the internet almost all the time downloading stuff off the internet !!!!!!

I don't like norton. it slows down your computer and it takes forever. i like a sleek new zon alarm! i even went in an custimized it to fit my super human needs!!Either way its an anti virus and if you have the time/want something your familiar with then stick with what you've got.

I use 2 firewalls : The build in firewall in the NAT router (works good for incoming messages not for outgoing). And on every conneted PC I use ZoneAlarm (free version) also .Till now no problems detected.