xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I am using Norton AntiVirus. it realy sucks. it slows down pc 50% and installs too many services on your system. when i first installed it i noticed a dramatic increase in my statup time. It has happened so many times that i have lost my information and unsaved data becuse of buggs or flaws in services of Norton AntiVirus.By searching internet i found out that Casper can do its job perfectly and reliably. it doesn't make too much changes to your system. it can be updated daily. my friends have used it and they have told me all the time to upgrade to Casper.

I use Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005's antivirus feature. It updates literally everyday, and thanks to it, I have never been infected, even once. Its interface is nice and clean, and doesn't slow down my machine.

There is also another very good free antivirus around, called antivir. I've used this before with avg. I find that when you have two or more virus checkers working together there's a greater chance that the virus will be found.

Hope this helps :lol:

Thank you buddy, yes it really a good one.I just download it check it and it is really good. :lol: ...thanks again....

Try nod 32 with outpost or kerio firewall. I personally never had a problem with nod32 and it also has one of the highest detection rates. I never got a security flaw with nod32 and one of those firewalls, never got a virus before.

I use ZoneAlarm anti virus because it was in the ZoneAlarm package I have (Firewall, IM Control, Antivirus) but I think Kaspersky is the best anti virus, altrough the user interface is a bit advanced in my opinion. Most anti virus programs find about the same virusses so there isn't a really "best" antivirus available...

You should check on Nod32. You can get it from https://www.eset.com/us/ or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ It is paid antiviral software, but? it is resource friendly, unlike Norton or McAfee it will not slow your machine down, it integrates with Microsoft office and outlook, it updates its antivirus database almost every day.I?m quite happy with it.

I've tried every software firewall mentioned in this thread and was not satisfied with any of them. The best protection you can possibly have, period, is to isolate the system and never link up with the net. Obviously, you have to have ports open, else your computer would never be able to communicate with the outside world. No longer do I use a software firewall because a virus/worm can still slip through and corrupt the software. Not so with a hardware firewall. Using a hardware firewall (using NAT) would be the best route to go. Pesonally, I tend to like D-Link.

At one point I was using McAfee's firewall, which seemed to be pretty good at the time, but when I finally upgraded the heck off of my dial-up connection (not to long ago...) it had some problems with the wireless connection. When I uninstalled it, everything magically popped into place and started to work. So, since then, I've been depending mostly on my McAfee live-scan thingy to block trojans that download onto the computer (it's been pretty good in doing that, though it doesn't block them from coming onto the computer in the first place), the windows firewall, and the firewall built into my router.

I use McAfee coz it fast and less resource requirement :]and more important, it provides enough functions for me.e.g. email , scripting and real-time protection... etc

I really know what i'm talking about here, trust me. I know you didn't directly ask 'which was best' , but 'which do you use' but i'll give my opinion on the best, which IS what i use, so, Kaspersky AV is amazing i catches all viruses, has been totally re-coded and is now not the complete memory hog it once was, has a mass of options to configure scanning, updating etc... so all in all its the top of the AV choices, i used to test all the AV out as i used to get a ton of viruses for some reason, and found this to work very well.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/