xisto Community
michaelper22

Upgrade To Cpanel 11

Wit the upcoming release of cPanel 11 in the coming weeks, does Xisto / Xisto - Web Hosting plan to upgrade to the new version? I have taken a look at the demo on cPanel's site, and it really does look impressive, especially the new file manager. Xisto doesn't seem to be following the latest and greatest these days, but this looks like a surefire way to get more customers and retain current ones.

Well if you remember correctly about the fiasco with Cpanel X? IF you don't basically every problem you could think of to happen to a hosting a account did and so we back to cpanel 9. Of course I wouldn't doubt there is plans in the future to upgrade the cpanel, of course from looking at the site Cpanel 11 won't be fully out till about the end of the year. So that brings the question why upload Cpanel 11 during stages when you can get the complete and more stable package?

I didn't mean that we should get the RC or beta right now. At the the point that cPanel 11 is stable, all the bugs worked out, etc., will Xisto transition to it?

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

from what i understand, michaelper22, when the latest *official* release of cpanel is available, it will be updated automatically on Xisto hosting space. at least this is what appears on Xisto homepage if you check out the web hosting features at the bottom part of that page. at the moment, cpanel X works pretty much well enough without any problems. and as they say, when it's not broken, don't fix it. :)

So when it is stable the Cpanel will upgrade? Hmm wow it is already confusing enough for more hope it doesn't get even worse. :) But still sounds like it could be better when it is released in like what a year?