xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shortyjtl00

What Upcoming Mmorpg Looks Best?

I have been looking at lots of mmorpgs lately and im curious what upcoming mmorpg looks the best. Right now i think it will be darkfall online. It has an aqsome number of great features. You can ofcourse have your own clan, but you can build your own house, store, ships, or even cities. they have mounts and there are no safe zones. there is a great number of options for character skills. Check out their site for more info. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ The only fear i have for this game is the fact that they rarly update their website. However the videos do show that work is beeing done. I personaly have never seen a mmorpg that was this advanced. Some other ones i have been looking at areRuin online The chronicles of spellbornI dont know much about these two games but they do look interesting.Please post if you know of any good upcoming mmorpgs.

Warhammer Online - The Age of Reckoning is a upcoming (mostly PVP objective based) MMORPG. I havent tried the beta, but going by screenshots it looks pretty good.

darkfall is an awesome game if you want to throw away money but if you like your hard earned cash never even bring up darkfall again, alot of hype till you actually play it sad to say 

-reply by Seyton

Both Blade and Soul and Mabinogi: Heroes look pretty good, and are almost as impressive in gameplay.

The English version of Mabinogi: Heroes may be coming in 2010, and 2011 for Blade and Soul. Don' t know what they are?

GOOOOGLE is your best friend.

-reply by 0xym0ron

Upcoming MMO's that I find interesting for 2010 is Final Fantasy 14, Tera, Star Wars Online (The Old Republic) and Blade and Soul. Majority of these are asian created games so it probably might not be the like of others since their is always the fear of tons of grinding. Either way you could easily look at one of these games. Tera is action based no point and click and I believe Blade and Soul is along those lines as well. Final Fantasy 14 uses the classic battle system of FF11 so thats basically for fans of the genre. Now The Old Republic is the only american one from the list, it seems pretty cool so far as they tried their best to make the battles very "epic" in the sense of how many enemies you can take on etc and also making the story diverse depending on your actions just like Knights of the Old Republic the video game.

Ah yes I saw Mabinogi: Heroes it looks pretty good and has lots of action such as back breaking and throwing of items around the place, plus it seems some of the environment seems to be breakable and movable, which is pretty cool. It seems to be non target based fighting just like Tera which made me interested within it. But Tera still tops it as its open world and open pvp, where Mabinogi is all about instances which can be rather boring. But I guess we have to wait to see more on that game but I have to admit the youtube videos so far on Mabinogi: Heroes is nothing less than appealing.Blade and Soul nobody really knows how the battling is like within this game as majority of what we see for this game is cinematics upon cinematics. It would be nice to see the actual gamplay of Blade & Soul for once or is NCSoft trying to trick the masses as they did with Aion. Trust me the Aion trailers seemed so much different from the actual game Aion its not funny. NCSoft is just known for their awesome cinematic videos to get the masses but then the game is absolutely different and plagued with terrible customer support. T_T