xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Setting Up Wireless Internet With Comcast

Comcast just had a promotion running to get a free router. May still be going. (Netgear wireless and) You just pay the shipping. Comes with directions for easy install. Plugging in the router takes you to the netgear site where you configure it and set a password if you want to protect it... Real easy stuff with the directions they send you.

hi mike my name is apple if you are having trouble setting up your wireless router with comcast what you need to do is take the ethernet cable that comes out of the comcast modem and plug it into the wireless router on the ethernet IN plug and once you have that turn off your comcast modem keep in mind if the modem has a battery there is a rest on the the modem it's a PIN HOLE some where on the modem. When you rest/turn off modem it will config automatically. Once that is done plug a ethernet cable into an out port on the wireless router to your computer and open a web page nothing will come up what you need to do now is get the IP address in to the URL space and that will take you to the wireless router homepage to set the rest of it up.

can i use my t-mobile tap to acess internett on my pc?Setting Up Wireless Internet With Comcast

I was told from someone I ran into that I can use my t-mobile tap as a router to acess the internet. But was also told I need to download or program something added to my phone for this to work. Can someone please help me? 

internet on pc but no wireless on for laptop?Setting Up Wireless Internet With ComcastI just got the free router service, I set up everything fine. I have internet on my pc but I cannot get wireless on my laptop at all. I even tried to change the setting to send the signal further. Help! =)-question by nancy

<p>Chris,</p><p>You need to look in the router's instruction manual for the default IP address:? for Linksys, it is 192.168.1.1.? Once you have that, type in the IP address into your Internet search bar and this should bring up the router setup login screen.? Enter the user name/password the tech setup for you, or try to find the default user/pass for your router on google (if the tech didn't set up a user/pass).? Make sure you are hardwired into your router with an Ethernet cable during this process.? For obvious reasons, (hackers) most routers will not let you change the settings using wireless.? The tech must have entered your MA address as the only device allowed on the network.? You need to find this section in the setup and change it to allow all devices on the network.? Good luck and I hope this helps. </p>

IT WONT LET ME TYPE IN MY IP ADDRESS IM MY ADDRESS BAR. IT JUST SAYS INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THIS WEBPAGE! HELP!!!

I have Comcast internet and I bought the cheapest D-Link wireless modem that was available at Office Depot and it took me about 3 minutes to hook it up and it works throughout my entire house, all my PCs and my Wii....no problem and it is password protected. Seriously, I followed the easy hookup page and was up and running in no time. The Comcast guy said to go out and buy a wireless, doesn't matter....have you tried yours? Also, my friend who works for Comcast now tells me that they give you wireless routers for free now???

Okay, so recently i got comcast high speed internet and i have a linksys router, but i am told by a bunch of my friends that linksys doesn't really like to work with comcast internet, so i was wondering what kind of router i should get.
please only post if you HAVE comcast cable internet not if you THINK you know the answer. thanks :lol:

OH I am a comcast user, just switched over to the Triple play. I can assure you after a few months of trying that Comcast modem has a lot of trouble with wireless routers. I will not give you pages of things to try, one worked for me and it has worked perfectly. I first tried two different N routers, both would not work. I would have network connection but would constantly lose Internet connection, sometimes it would say I was connected to the Internet when I wasn't. If I unplugged the router and than fired it up again I could get on the Internet but I had to rush. I used the router in the N setting than changed it to the G/N setting, same problem. I finally went back to a very old G router, my Linksys router and it is working perfectly now. Besides working it is probably twice as fast on wireless compared to the N routers.

Okay, so recently i got comcast high speed internet and i have a linksys router, but i am told by a bunch of my friends that linksys doesn't really like to work with comcast internet, so i was wondering what kind of router i should get.
please only post if you HAVE comcast cable internet not if you THINK you know the answer. thanks :lol:

Hi

Call Comcast customer support and ask them to suggest u a router...

or

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

While looking for trouble shooting articles for my router i have come across multiple users complaining about Compcast and linksys......Try Netgear...

I need to get my daughter I-Tablet started wiht WI-FI service thru Comcast service, which I already have it Cable-T.V,Eithernet And Phone Servs. Already in affect. Please contact me back ASAP! (773)687-8557-or-(773)503-2220.