xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
srujanlive

Sim City To Be Reborn

EA games is all set to announce the revival of the widely popular Sim City in the next Games for Windows magazine. How many of you guys have played this wonderful game and would love to try the new one?

I played it a long time ago. I think they are going to run into a problem however. That game is probably 5 years old and a lot of kids haven't heard of it, so they will think it's some new wannabe game and not buy it. I would buy it but I don't think it will be that great, so I probably won't. The old ones (Sim City, Sim Tower, etc) were great games.

Yes finally the new sim city i still have all the old sims games cause it came on my old computer and when i did not have internet back then that is what i used to do all day. When i came home from school i always checked on my city to see if there was any problems or anything with it. But now i just work on my website and play online games. I hope they still have the same concept as the old ones but even thou if they change it i will still play it.

I played the original on both the PC and Mac although I like the Mac version better because you didn't have a $80,000 money cap once you typed in the cheat code. I didn't like the sequels that much of course I never really got into the series all that much either. But I did find my old sim city disc and amazingly enough it still works on this computer and still as hard as ever; but you have to remember though that the sim city series was put on hold once the Sim's franchise kicked in so I would say it's been a lot longer then 5 years since a sim city game out.

I used to love the series at first, but then the game just got really boring. Afterwards I got into Simtown, which they only made one of. And Then I got into The Sims, which I wasted my life on for the next couple of years, now I retired from all three of those games, but I am excited to see what would be instore for the next simcity....

I will never buy this game in a thousand years. First off, Maxis, who were involved with the Sims Series forever, are not making this one. Some company called Tilted Mill is making it. This doesn't mean it will be bad, no that doesn't mean it at all. I've played Tilted Mill games and they are good games, they're form of games just don't fit in with what SimCity has been in the past. Another reason, the next game isn't going to be about city building anymore, it's going to be more about interacting with the people who live in the city. EA is trying to make the next SimCity as close to one of thier flagship products as possible, The Sims. They have taken everything that made SimCity good and thrown it out the window and then gave it to another company, who have never been involved with it before, to make.

I have never played the sims games before but i have heard they have been pretty good. I would consider playing a new one for the first time, but if its not the same developers as the originals it probally won't be as good. But you never know.