xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sourabhj

Can I Make Dynamic Menu In Php is it posible to make dynamic menu in php without javascript

As there are many java script by which we can have event based interaction like,message on mouse over etc,that we can create dynamic menu in javascripts to make navigation bar ,but is it possible in php to have this acomplished without javascripts,i am new to php,is it possible?.Thanks

idk if this is right but cant u use javascript in php?

like <script = javascript> or something like that..lemme look it up

<script type="text/javascript"></script>

that *should* work...i didnt test it though, but remember java and javascript are different

idk if this is right but cant u use javascript in php?like <script = javascript> or something like that..lemme look it up

<script type="text/javascript"><script

that *should* work...i didnt test it though, but remember java and javascript are different
ok but i need to know can i make without javascript does php has event base interaction like javascript,iam new to php so just asking for it as javascript is sometimes very heavy for a webpage

PHP cannot do interactions with menus, PHP basically goes as far as making the navigation and its structure whether dynamically or not. If you use CSS with the navigation, then you can have some form of interaction with the navigation: roll-over effects, color effects, etc. Many of the "interactions" done in JavaScript can be done with CSS.

Sure you can! If what you mean is can you change the links in the navigation bars? If that is your question then it is possible. The concept you gotta understand here is that you will only use PHP to generate HTML mark-up to produce an HTML list (ul, dl or ol). Then you would have to use CSS to create the roll-over effects and drop-down menus. There would be no need to use Javascript anywhere in this code.If you want a detailed tutorial just say so and I'll post it. Otherwise, I'll leave it at this.

PHP is server site scripting language. It is impossible to execute php code in browser. But it is still possible to add some intractivity to navigation. For example by dinamically adding some css property to menu item in server side. If you want I can provide some code.

Problem to take select list plz tell me if any one know about the same

Can I Make Dynamic Menu In Php

Hi All,

I have some problem to take state select list .I want to do with state select list as when I am using registration form this will take value of state CA for California and when I m going to use view user detail this form is showing CA for California but I want to do show California for the CA so Please tell me if any one know about this problem

Thanks

Sudhanshu srivastava

Ssrivastawa gmail.Com

-question by sudhanshu srivastava

No, php cant make dynamic menus, but it can make ur html navigation/menu compatible with your dynamic menu javascript script.Because php is a serverside language, as told here, you can make an editable menu script(Ex: Joomla has an option where u can edit your menu)But you cant make it dropdown menu or something, withouth javascript :)Good luck!- optiplex