xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Acidify

Russia Warns Usa/europe Russia Threatens to Attack Europe

Russia Threats  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Russian President says that if the United States continues to proceed with their plans to install a missile defense system in Poland, they will be forced to aim their missiles at United States military bases in Europe. A few days ago Russia also announce their Russia multi-warhead missile which surposely can penetrate any missile defense system. Washington has not made any comments on President Putin threats. Last week Russia tested the missile. United States analysts believe that the missile has been under development for many years and President Putin says that the missile test is a response to the United States missile defense system plan.

I think that Russia should be ashamed of themselves for making such a threat against two World Powers, specially Europe. They are endangering world peace and their President should apologize to Europe and the United States. If Russia attacks Europe, we are looking at a world war. This will involve at least the United States, Europe, and Japan against Russia. I myself dont trust Japan not even a tinsy winsy bit and I am pretty sure I am not influenced by propaganda since the United States and Japan are allies and their relationship has increased over the past years.

Sources:

Edited by Acidify (see edit history)

Noooo!!! i accidently clicked nulled vote before i got to vote so erm1) Yes2) Certainly3) Yes1) I think that Russia is completely out of line, i mean look at them in the war's they've been in like the cold war, wanting to expand communism and keeping their 'power' up there.2) I think they threat should be taken serious because i think that Russians are ruthless people and would take no thought in the world before attempting an act of war against any other nations in the world that oppose their views and their ways of life. 3) I do think that the United States should continue with the defense system just because if the place that we are bulding this on allows us to build it their, no other nation should have a say in it, just because russia is mad because if they every decide to oppose any nation in the world and go into another all out world war or whatever that someone could take them out easy.I just never really did care for Russia and their ways of life and just their whole ideology as a whole.

Noooo!!! i accidently clicked nulled vote before i got to vote so erm

1) Yes

2) Certainly

3) Yes

1) I think that Russia is completely out of line, i mean look at them in the war's they've been in like the cold war, wanting to expand communism and keeping their 'power' up there.

2) I think they threat should be taken serious because i think that Russians are ruthless people and would take no thought in the world before attempting an act of war against any other nations in the world that oppose their views and their ways of life.

3) I do think that the United States should continue with the defense system just because if the place that we are bulding this on allows us to build it their, no other nation should have a say in it, just because russia is mad because if they every decide to oppose any nation in the world and go into another all out world war or whatever that someone could take them out easy.

1 - Pls get your terminology correct. If anyone is out of line, its Putin, not "Russia". The cold war was an arms race, and both sides were as bad as each other. The Russian government wanted to expand communism, the US government wanted to expand Democracy. Except, the last russian chairman, Gorbachev i think, who ended the whole conflict, and kennedy, who tried to change things, and look what happened to him...That's one thing you can say for the Russians, when their leader made peace, he wasnt assassinated.

2 - Yes, the threat should be taken seriously. This is quite obvious, it is a simple matter of: "they build something, we build something too". Therefore it should be taken seriously, because it could start an arms race. But what the heck do you mean "Russians are ruthless people"?? Have you met all the Russians lol?

3- Of course the US shouldnt continue with the defense system! I mean, lol, Iran doesnt even have nukes yet, and they deny they are even building any....and North Korea wtf? It's on the other side of the world lol! "If the nation we are building it on allows us to build it there. no other nation should stop them"?

uhhh.....didnt Castro allow Kruschev to install missiles in Cuba in the 1960s? Under your theory, the missiles should have stayed there becaue Castro allowed them to?

Personally i agree with Putin. At the end of the Cold war, the USA and Russia both agreed to stop the destructive arms race and not threaten each other. Building missiles on Russia's doorstep seems to me to break that treaty.

1 - Pls get your terminology correct. If anyone is out of line, its Putin, not "Russia". The cold war was an arms race, and both sides were as bad as each other. The Russian government wanted to expand communism, the US government wanted to expand Democracy. Except, the last russian chairman, Gorbachev i think, who ended the whole conflict, and kennedy, who tried to change things, and look what happened to him...That's one thing you can say for the Russians, when their leader made peace, he wasnt assassinated.

When we say "Russia/Russians", we are refering to the Russia Government....not the people.

2 - Yes, the threat should be taken seriously. This is quite obvious, it is a simple matter of: "they build something, we build something too". Therefore it should be taken seriously, because it could start an arms race. But what the heck do you mean "Russians are ruthless people"?? Have you met all the Russians lol?

Once again, I believe he is refering to the Russia Government.

3- Of course the US shouldnt continue with the defense system! I mean, lol, Iran doesnt even have nukes yet, and they deny they are even building any....and North Korea wtf? It's on the other side of the world lol! "If the nation we are building it on allows us to build it there. no other nation should stop them"?

uhhh.....didnt Castro allow Kruschev to install missiles in Cuba in the 1960s? Under your theory, the missiles should have stayed there becaue Castro allowed them to?

Personally i agree with Putin. At the end of the Cold war, the USA and Russia both agreed to stop the destructive arms race and not threaten each other. Building missiles on Russia's doorstep seems to me to break that treaty.

I think they should continue. Thats like telling the United States that we cant place missile defense systems on our border states. The problem is Russia thinks that they control Poland and have every seen the Great Wars. They also threaten the lives of Europeans when they should be working on some dipomacy with Poland. In fact, threaten Poland before you threaten Europe! I think we have Stalin Jr on our hands.

Putin is not out of line. The US (army admin) is out of line. Permission or not they should not be allowed to build weapons where they so please. Russia and the US both stepped down in the arms race; there was a move to disarm. I can't remember the specifics but a few years back the US agreed it would disarm and revolve x amount of missiles if Russia disarmed x amount, and they both agreed. So why is the US rearming? Because of Iran? Korea? Nope, those missiles are not meant for the armaments which these countries have. The US is planning something; just like they planned to invade Iraq when they attacked Afghanistan.

Yes, their threats should be taken seriously. Every country has a right to protect itself especially if it feels threatened. Add to that the Russia-US history and you definitely should take it seriously.

No they shouldn't continue as planned. Not because Russia said no but because they have yet to legitimately validate their need for the installation. They claim it is for Iraq or Korea but as stated the equipment does not fit the bill. This is the same organization that fraudulently attacked Iraq. Our lesson should be learned; until they validate it they shall not move forward.

I think they should continue. Thats like telling the United States that we cant place missile defense systems on our border states.

I disagree. It is very different. It is different from the missile defenses the US has in northern Canada (and those are in attack range of Russia). Russia agreed to stay out of Europe and allow x amount of US defense systems around them; this has been fulfilled by both sides.

You have to think of it this way: building/expanding is a mentality of moving forward. For the US to build yet another installation, in addition to the ones already there (not replacing or upgrading an older one), they are being even in the slightest sense aggressive. Maybe not towards Russia but aggressive nonetheless. How do you think the US would respond if Russia built missile systems in Kazakhstan? They would take that as a step of aggression.

1) I think that Russia is completely out of line, i mean look at them in the war's they've been in like the cold war, wanting to expand communism and keeping their 'power' up there.

2) I think they threat should be taken serious because i think that Russians are ruthless people and would take no thought in the world before attempting an act of war against any other nations in the world that oppose their views and their ways of life.

3) I do think that the United States should continue with the defense system just because if the place that we are bulding this on allows us to build it their, no other nation should have a say in it, just because russia is mad because if they every decide to oppose any nation in the world and go into another all out world war or whatever that someone could take them out easy.

I just never really did care for Russia and their ways of life and just their whole ideology as a whole.

1 - Every country wants to be powerful. It's just that the US is a bit of a bully it that respect. Seriously, there is nothing wrong with being the world's peacekeepers (although really that's Canada's nickname) but you can't go around saying you're not allowed to do this and you have to do this because I said so. And before you deny such a mentality you should think about it honestly.

2 - Russians are not ruthless. With all due respect that's bias talking. I don't know why Americans view communism as 100% evil, I suppose it's how you're taught, but communism just like democracy is an ideology. Communism is not inherently evil. It is an administrative tool. I'll quote again

i think that Russians are ruthless people and would take no thought in the world before attempting an act of war against any other nations in the world that oppose their views and their ways of life.

You just described the US mentality during the better part of the twentieth century. Canada, your peaceful and democratic neighbours was "suspicion" of being communist and so we were almost enemies. Now tell me that isn't stupid.

3 - Russia will not try to invade Europe. As much as military strategist would entertain the idea, they know their economy can not handle such a bold excursion. And yes, they might be worried the US is planning on invading them, but they should not have to. The US has no right to invade Russia.

I would say both US and Putin are out of line. US for acting like every country is a threat to it and Putin for bringing back Cold War mentality. But poor thin what else could he do. The US is simply aggravating tensions here. The sooner this stand off dies down the better.

I would say both US and Putin are out of line. US for acting like every country is a threat to it and Putin for bringing back Cold War mentality. But poor thin what else could he do. The US is simply aggravating tensions here. The sooner this stand off dies down the better.

I dont think the United State is out of line. Russia is the one who has been developing the multi-warhead missiles for several years in secrect. That sounds much more aggressive them placing a missile defense system in Russia bordering country. When was the last time using missile defense tool was an act of war? Why would someone want to retaliate against a defense? Why dont Russia want the missile defense system there? Who in the hell are they going to nuke? If they are not going to nuke anyone, why would they even care? Personally, I don't believe that Iran is into developing nuclear power just for the energy. Even if they are not capable of launching missiles at Europe, why wait till they are capable? Is Russia some how supporting Iran or Al Quida. They could be a big time weapon supplier of Iran and Al Quida from all the fuss they are making about a defense system. They must be planning to nuke countries in Europe.

when their leader made peace

to a war that he started.

uhhh.....didn't Castro allow Kruschev to install missiles in Cuba in the 1960s? Under your theory, the missiles should have stayed there because Castro allowed them to?

Yes, that was 'our' territory, and 'we' protect that territory is anyone would threaten that, therefor i believe that we wern't in the wrong to demand they take the nukes out of cuba. And lord knows what kind of missiles we are putting in this defense system, it could be anything from AMB's (Anti-Ballistic Missile) to actually missiles to attack a country if us or one of out allies are attacked.

At the end of the Cold war, the USA and Russia both agreed to stop the destructive arms race and not threaten each other

I do not find building a defense system to defend ourselves from foreign attack a threat. I find it as just kind of a message saying, you attack us, we attack back.

Nope, those missiles are not meant for the armaments which these countries have. The US is planning something; just like they planned to invade Iraq when they attacked Afghanistan.

Why do you assume that they are not meant for places like Iran and Iraq and Afghanistan? you cant just make an assumption like that, although all governments in the world keep things hidden from their people through loopholes in the laws you cannot just assume it is not meant for a threat that is already out there.

Every country has a right to protect itself especially if it feels threatened.

See, right there i would call that hippocratism. because that is basically all the united states is doing is protecting itself from future attacks from any nations at all.

I don't know why Americans view communism as 100% evil,

It probably is the way that i was raised, but it could also be because going through world history this last year i learned about the different type of goverment systems, and communism was one of the ones that i did not favor at all because of the fact that the people do not get a say at all in what happens to things that effect their daily life.

I dont think the United State is out of line. Russia is the one who has been developing the multi-warhead missiles for several years in secrect.

I totally agree with you there. I would find the secret building of Warheads for sever years much more of a threat than a simple defense system to protect our country and our allies.

Do you think Russia is out of line?Yes, you cant threaten to aim missles at someone just beacause their attempting to defend them selves. but in reality all their doing is being somwhat like the u.s. themselves they think they can do about whatever they want just beacause they're strong.Should Russia threats be tooken serious?Certainly, no threat what so ever should be taken lightly, because you never know what someone is capable of. Should the United States continue with their Missle Defense Plans?No, not as much as stop but slow down. they should try to found out why the russian reacted to this in such a peace threatning way.the thing to think about is that they're basicly doing the same thing the u.s would do, remember the cuban missle crisis. for all you know is that russia could just feel threaten that the reason they're putting a missle defense system is because the u.s is plannig to start a war against them and they want their allies to be safe. their is a great likelyhood that this could be the start of a third world war if not solved, or another cold war. if this where to happen i would not be suprised beacause these days every country is at each others neck and everybody has issues with the u.s.

I do not find building a defense system to defend ourselves from foreign attack a threat. I find it as just kind of a message saying, you attack us, we attack back.

Just as I should not assume, it should not be assumed that such an installation can not be used as as offensive weapon.

Why do you assume that they are not meant for places like Iran and Iraq and Afghanistan? you cant just make an assumption like that, although all governments in the world keep things hidden from their people through loopholes in the laws you cannot just assume it is not meant for a threat that is already out there.

The assumption is not mine. In the article it is expressed that the installation is beyond the means of those countries (Iran and Iran). I realize that's not concrete but to leave it as a faceless lie would also be wrong. I see it that the Russia government may be overstating the technological capability, but there probably is some basis for it.

See, right there i would call that hippocratism. because that is basically all the united states is doing is protecting itself from future attacks from any nations at all.

That's not hypocritical. It's one thing to defend the US by placing such installations on it's borders, or even in neighbouring countries, but to say "we're defending ourselves by placing a such an installation halfway around the world" makes no sense. Now, if the true goal is to protect Europe (which makes much more sense) then such an installation should be administrated either by the European Union, the United Nations, or in this case Poland.

I totally agree with you there. I would find the secret building of Warheads for sever years much more of a threat than a simple defense system to protect our country and our allies.

As opposed to the public building? I agree that building such a weapon is careless/stupid/dangerous for reasons humanitarian and political; I honestly believe that nuclear weapons should be thrown out the window (metaphorically). But again, the US has multiple projects they've been building, all in secret, which is fine because that's how the technology of warfare evolves. However isn't that still a bit hypocritical? To say "we can build stuff but you can't". I know warheads are different but you have to understand that the US has a history of bullying and some countries on the short of the stick are probably tired of it.

I must agree that America do bully other countries but for russia to attack millitary bases in europe would just be stupid. I do not like the fact that when countries like to battle, they would rather do it in someone elses country who is not even involved in the dispute.So russia lauch a warhead against American Bases in europe, Come on russia at least be men about this and aim for a base in america.I think it will just end up being another cold war, Neither super power has the nerve to fire a Nuke. If russia fires one, america will destroy them vise versa. Only the small, unstable countires with mad leaders would use a Nuculear warhead. Both Putin and Bush are smart men and know the danger's of launching a missile. Whereas it used to be an arms race to use against each other now it is just to deter the other, but both known neither will launch one.

I think Russian government is really stupid if they think that saying you will aim your missiles at Europe will stop anything because you didn't do anything with aiming a missile without firing it and we all know that they won't do that because that would be their end so if they want they can aim their missiles to any point on the Earth no one should care because even if they don't have some point aimed now they could aim at it in few minutes if they wanted so there really a reason to be concerned about this aiming a missile at something.With their reaction they just showed how pathetic and desperate for attention they are when in reality they can't do anything about it. They still can't accept that they lost cold war. If they are so great and dangerous then why do they feel threatened by some defensive system which is in another country(are they planning to attack Poland/EU in the near future lol). Why don't they build defensive system in some country which is their ally(if there are any) and thus show how great they are. Or maybe they should first try to make standard of living for their own citizens better. It is just incredible how stupid these communists are, wasn't the 20th century enough to show them their system doesn't work or will they need another century of being mediocre at best to understand how stupid the idea of communism is.

First, any country has the right to defende itself. If Russia thinks that USA is getting more fire power in Europe, Russia can use all that is in it hands in order to "feel more comfortable" in case of a war with USA or any alley of USA.Second, USA says that all that missiles are for defensive use, not for offensive. Well, also Bush said that the went to war to Irak to destrooy massive destruction weapons... and the real thing is oil and a picture of George Bush father in the floor of the Irak Government offices. :P At this time, nor USA and Russia has enough resources to mantain a Cold War again, USA has a deep economic problems to launch a war in Irak without results, and Russia has a terrible problems with corruption and mafias.So, if the people of both countries want to have a country to live in peace, they must consider to the next time vote for less chit-chat people like Putin and Bush, and have more action people that solves the problems, instead of talking about war like talk to sports or Breatnoy Spiears, er, Brickney Spuars.... not... Brintey Speers... holy shot... this fingers are crazy... :P

Well, I hope my post can provoke some further debates... Lets switch this scenario around. Russia is building a missile defense system in northern Canada and the USA doesn't acknowledge Canada as a middle man and threatens Russia with missiles. Now take the poll above and substitute Russia with America and I bet your answers change.Countries should not be run by one man or emotions and undeveloped knowledge can cause issues like here. A president should be more of an ambassador which Putin is failing to do. I honestly believe that a room of government would not vote towards these outcomes and it almost seems like the reaction from one man. Regardless, how has the situation developed since?

Reading only some of the thread, this seems to be more on emotion. Have to agree that a president should really be a diplomatic ambassador which isnt the case with the Russian president. Thankfully the parliament may be able to vote to knock a proposal such as that back.