xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosaline

Hair Straightening Products Any luck with them?

Hey there!Just wondering if any one else out there has curly/wavy hair and wants straight hair. I don't mind the curls and the wave, but my hair has this bad habbit where the front half is curly and the back half is pretty straight. And it's a frizzy sort of curly. So I'm pretty fond of straightening it, but I know how horrible hot irons are for your hair, so I've been looking into straightening products... you know, gels and stuff you put in your hair. I usually use Frizz-Ease, which doesn't actually help straighten it that much but it definitely is good for a long-lasting anti-frizz, especially in hot weather.I've seen those straightening packs that are like perms, but the opposite... like chemicals that you put in your hair to straighten it. Has anyone else seen these, or do you know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure if they work... also, not sure if they work on colored hair, which is what I have. Anyone have any experience with these? :lol: Thanks!

i've tried perming iron because i have curly hair. it's such a hassle. yes i'm a guy and i've tried it out. bad move. i've had my hair straightened out before, just once, bad move. lesson learned. i have very thin hair so any hair products should be used in moderation. i don't color my hair and i don't have it straightened out anymore. in fact, i have my hair cut to the second shortest measure on the electronic clipper so i have this semi-bald, buzzed cut. i keep it nowadays. i would probably keep it forever. it just terrifies me to see my head going bald, despite my hair at normal length (men's cut of course). i once saw my pic after a friend took it using his camera... not good. one of the reasons why i started having my hair cut to the shortest. i won't say i'm happy with it, but at the very least i'm satisfied. at least i won't get horrified when i look in front of the mirror.hope you have your hair problems solved.

Unfortunetly I can't shave my head, lol, though that does sound tempting! Guys don't realize just how much work girls put into their hair XDI've managed to find a style that works with my hair and doesn't require much time, but I still like to wear it down and straight sometimes because I like switching it up. I just wish there was another way besides the heating method.No one else has heard of the straightening stuff that works like a perm, but the opposite? I really want to know if it works, because otherwise I'm not investing the money in it. :lol:;;

I don't have curly or really wavy hair (just some natural wave), but I use Herbal Essences Straighten Up (I think that's the name of it - it's in a pink bottle) shampoo, conditioner and mousse, plus I use my straightener on my hair, layer by layer, and use some hairspray on it as I'm straightening it. I've heard that the John Frieda straightening shampoo works well, but that's out of my budget, so I've never personally used it. The stuff you are talking about, the chemical relaxer, is for ethnic hair, I believe, so I'm not sure how well it would work with non-ethnic/textured hair.

I use a cheap twenty dollar hair straightener from Wal Mart and it works better then some expensive one i got at sally's sometimes getting the most expensive product doesn't work to your advantage. If you want healthy striaght hair don't straighten every day because your hair will become dry and brittle and you will get split ends twice as fast. Try using a heat protector in your hair before your blow dry or flat iron your hair. If your looking for a splurge you can get a chi. It didn't work SUPER wonders on my hair but it got the job done. my fav flat iron would have to be jibere dispite the smell after a few months but all flat irons get like that. Becareful when using chemical relaxers because one time my sister used one for african-american hair and her hair was very thin and it ended it getting brittle and hoarse. So if you are every thinking of that get professional help!

Well, I use a Chi straightner.You should use a silk infusion or sirum of some sorts when straighning your hair.Chemical treatments, such as relaxers, are worse for our hair, because they can make your hair dull and lose its sheen.Along with using an iron straightner, you should eat healthy. Your hair is the biggest marker of what you eat. Someone with nice, soft, shiny eats lots of veggies. Someone with oily, nasty, dried out hair is, most likely, but not always, someone who constantly eats at McDonalds.

I use thermasilk, I load the conditioner on my hair, while it is dry, then I let it soak in for at least 20-30 min. I rinse it out & straighten my hair with my hairdryer first & then irons if need be. It works for me, and my hair is fine, not damaged.

Edited by Archangel_Baw (see edit history)

Hey there!
Just wondering if any one else out there has curly/wavy hair and wants straight hair. I don't mind the curls and the wave, but my hair has this bad habbit where the front half is curly and the back half is pretty straight. And it's a frizzy sort of curly. So I'm pretty fond of straightening it, but I know how horrible hot irons are for your hair, so I've been looking into straightening products... you know, gels and stuff you put in your hair. I usually use Frizz-Ease, which doesn't actually help straighten it that much but it definitely is good for a long-lasting anti-frizz, especially in hot weather.

I've seen those straightening packs that are like perms, but the opposite... like chemicals that you put in your hair to straighten it. Has anyone else seen these, or do you know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure if they work... also, not sure if they work on colored hair, which is what I have.

Anyone have any experience with these? :P Thanks!

i honestly have the same problem.. for the most part i use this brush that like spins O>o i do not remember what its called though, well what works for me, is putting tons & tons & tons & tons & tons & tons & tons & tons & tons & tons of hair products to make my hair stuff so it wont get frizzy =) but trying putting some hair oil made from herbs.. it will keep your hair shiny & healthy at all times.. hope it helps

I recommend Rebonding. I used to have the most frizzy unruliest hair!! My hair was so think and unmanageable.I had Rebonding done and wholah! I've got permanent straight manageable hair (until it grows out). I get it redone every 6 months. Costs about AU $300 for long hair. It can be drying, so I use Redken Extreme & All Soft as my daily hair products to keep it in top shape.

its fine to use straightening irons.. i use a product by RRP , straightening gel and hair conditioning gel. it jst helps keep ur hair nice and soft and healthy.. jst use one of it before u straighten ur hair.. or style ur hair in any way. the conditioning gel however can be used at ne time. the straightening gel is of course jst for straightening hair onlyits got a coconut fragrance.. smells really nice ;) i love it.

Replying to Rosaline hey! I'm glad 2 hear some1 else have the same problem I do! I also have half curly half wavyish hair except mine is CRAZY THICK! I recently started using herbal essence dangerously straight shampoo/conditioner. After I use that I normally blow dry my hair staright and I don't think it does anything 2 my hair. Its a lil easier 2 straighten but not really. Other than that I also NEED 2 find like some straightening gel/cream/something.-reply by sk83base13

Yeah I've gotten the hair straghtening treatment that is like a perm in the past, it does work quite well but is quite expensive and only lasts a while as my hair grew out pretty quickly...Since then i've just reverted back to using my ghd hair straightener instead~

I would suggest that ,you choose to straighten your hair ,don't head off to walmarts or any other store and get the home kits and try to do it yourself ,as especially ,it may be first time ,done anything to your hair or your hair is treated already . Those do your home self kits ,you can not actually know your hair type and can actually burn your hair ,till it feels really ,sticky and melting feeling ,till your hair starts to break off or fall out . Straightening those amazing curls that some how almost every woman one day wakes up and say ,I want straight hair ,when we see straight hair commercials each day ,that sets off this light bulb inside our head ,truth would be once ,getting that straight hair in few weeks we start to add few curls here and there .Isn't women most silliest in What we all think we want ,find out after we did it ,we really wished ,we didn't do it in first place . :) Almost to point ,have really ask yourself ,is it all really worth it? You answer ?yes? then please ,go to a professional to at least try it out ,before attempting it ,yourself . Reason I state this is ,years ago in my first attempt to straighten my own hair and remove those waves and curls ,that always seemed make me look like Annie. I went off to store ,purchased the home kits in straightening my hair . Had the whole night to myself ,very confident ,all would work out ?just perfect? Then after I followed all directions and started wash the solution out my hair ,it felt as it was melting ,right through my fingers . When in fact ,it really was melting ,as I had allergic reaction to chemicals in hair straightening and was melting my hair and some was actually falling out . My solution to fixing this problem was ,getting my long hair cut short ,really short and many months of hot oil treatments to get my hair back ,being slightly a little healthier than ,it was . So remember before ,doing home self kits ,really take ,look at yourself in mirror ,ask self is it really worth it ?

is hair straightening the solutionHair Straightening Products

Though hair relaxing is only temporary, its one way to get your hair to look straighter then your "before" hair. Of course you're going to need hair products that will help and maintain the straightness if you want to keep it on for a long time. I've been relaxing my hair for about 4 years now, maybe 6 times in those 4 years. Well 5th, cause I'm getting it done this Thursday! Haha! Don't color your hair before relaxing your hair, nor should you shampoo it for at least 3 days upon your hair relaxing appt.  if you do have colored treated hair. They do have the color-treated hair relaxing..But just the normal relaxing alone is quite expensive. But I do recommend it if you want a better straighter hair style. =]

-reply by Mark

Brazilian Blowout - Toronto - Salon Matte

I just tried this product and its the best in I've ever done for my hair. It cost me approx $500 cnd but worth every penny!