xisto Community
velma

Don't You Just Hate Nosey People? Gossip Mongers In Short

Hey,

I hate and I mean HATE people who gossip or are too nosey for their own good. Last week one of my neighbors kept harassing me because my boyfriend comes over which is perfectly alright in my house. I mean she wants to know who he is and what he is doing and why he had come to visit me. AAAHHH I was so pissed at that woman.

People who cannot mind their own business but get some weird sort of twisted joy in fingering other people's noses. I mean some of them come around with know-it-all looks and vibrations and tell me a thing that I already know and then expect me to be surprised or even horrified or something but i frankly dont care what they know about me because in the end I am feeding and clothing myself and if they care about me so much then they are free to take care of me. I am up for adoption :lol:

I actually told the above to my neighbor and now she refuses to talk to me and I am happy for I talk to her daughter who gives me no *BLEEP* just a nice dose of non hypocritical truth. I hate hypocrites who say something and then jump to something else.

I dont mind if you lie on the net because I do that a lot but my justification is that It is ok upto the fact that you are saving your identity. I had one of my cousins who was such a hypocrite that people started avoiding him.

I hate and I mean HATE people who gossip or are too nosey for their own good.

So if they were only just nosey (not too nosey) for their own good, it is okay? :lol:

But are you justified in your anger? I mean,

she wants to know who he is and what he is doing and why he had come to visit me.

Interestingly enough, you did not mention, state or imply that this neighbor was a hypocrit. You just said (emphasis by me),

I mean some of them ... I actually told the above to my neighbor ...

Since it was said like this, she is obviously not part of those "some of them." Therefore, why did you get angry when she is looking out for you?

Did you know it's good to listen to complaints? :D

Be kind to the ignorant, and provide them with wisdom.—just something i like to say.

I like that saying truefusion. Anyways, I think your neighbor is just doing that because she cares about you. She doesn't want you to end up with the wrong man so to say. She's almost acting like your mother, watching over your every move. Don't worry about her, she's not trying to hurt or bother you.

Going about to ask what your boyfriend's purpose at your home is or what's his name is too nosey in my opinion. There's no need to know that sort of information. I've been around nosey people all my life. I mean who hasn't? haha. But the Asian community here where I live everybody feels as if its their business to report everything to one another. If I'm walking outside to meet my friend they say to others that the person is my girlfriend or whatever and news gets back to my parents. By that time its probably been butchered too much and I had already got the girl impregnated too.Anyways I guess telling your neighbor "off" may or may not be a good idea but atleast she's not going to bother you.

I like tight-knit communities and neighborhoods. I don't want to live RIGHT next to somebody else's house (I live in the country, with a few hundred feet between households - perfect if you ask me), but I like knowing my neighbors. Only two other households exist off my private road. The people are nice and we're fairly good friends with one of the families.What I'm getting at is that sometimes it's nice to have people who are trying to help look out for each other. I'm not saying that we should be all over each other's business - but showing that we actually care about what's going on with the people around us is not in itself a bad thing.I can't really say, to the OP, whether I think the neighbor woman is nosy or just concerned. I wasn't there and don't know how she acts the rest of the time. There's a difference between caring and being overly involved in another person's business. I tend to appreciate the former and be annoyed by the latter.

Yeah I can agree but there is a limit to the caring and looking out for. Imagine when the same neighbor peeps inside your house when you have relatives around and then goes around asking them what they do for a living and how much they earn. It actually isnt based on one incident but has happened to me a lot and being a girl means that I am under the magnifying lens even more.I would agree with you truefusion but when my parents have already met the guy and has passed with flying colors and It is very difficult to pass when my dad is around I do not see the reason why she needs to be worried. Hi wenster everytime my guy comes to my place my bro is around so I do not have to worry about my safety :D and besides I have my dogs to save me :PBut this woman is not caring believe me, she gossips so if she knew my guys name then some day I might visit another neighbor and am congratulated for my wedding anniversary :lol: It has happened to me once and It was embarrassing for the guy I was "married" to was my cousin. If you knew her then you too would understand I usually am around my neighbors quite a lot as I like talking to them and the vice versa but I avoid some of them as they can be too nosey and hypocritical. I dont like being rude to my neighbors because one of them had helped me get over my depression when I was younger. It is just that they have to understand that I too have my own life.I guess the word hate came out due to the frustration at the fact that my neighbor wants to know about me just to gloat and not for some genuine reason. I dont actually hate her if I think about it but I needed to vent it out :D

I would agree with you truefusion but when my parents have already met the guy and has passed with flying colors and It is very difficult to pass when my dad is around I do not see the reason why she needs to be worried.

But does your neighbor know about this? Surely she was not the one that came up with how to test him, right? But if she is not ignorant of your parents' actions concerning you, then i guess she should lessen her worry on the matter, and consider asking about something else, like your health, sparingly (every now and then).

Exactly my point, She knows that my parents approve of my boyfriend but she wants to know what he does for a living and how much he earns and questions his decisions in many cases. I mean she says that I am like a daughter to her and then gets me "married" off to my cousin in front of ten other people and I did not know about my own marriage :lol:She should be asking about me or my family not about my boyfriends salary.

I hate and I mean HATE people

Oh dear. Oh my! While the Misanthrope can certainly relate to this sentiment, she probably would have found a more delicate way of phrasing it. I don't think I've seen the word, "HATE" spewed forth with such lusty fortitude and venomous wrath since I first infested the Trap with my infernal, all-knowing presence. And here, it appears to manifest itself in antagonistic red, fortified by large caps, no less. The Misanthrope asks herself: What could qualify more as hate-speech than the very word itself capitalized in bold, red lettering for all to see? Pray - where are the anti-hate speech nazis when those of frail mind and youthful innocence need them most? Perhaps they only charge in when it's safe to do so, or when the mark appears easy prey.

i frankly dont care what they know about me

"Me thinks thou doest protest too much," .....or some other prose seems blatantly appropriate here. Speaking form my own twisted perspective, when I truly don't care about something; when I just plain don't give a crap - the last thing I'll do is bother to call attention to it with bold, red lettering. Parallel my complete and utter disinterest with Jennifer Lopez, a truly unworthy, untalented subject if ever there was one. But were I to harp on how much I HATE her, some smart folks out there might start questioning my motives. These folks might start pondering the possibility that I am the hypocrite, that I am the one with something to hide. I would be well advised to entertain the possibility the so-called hypocritical neighbor is actually the last thing I need concern myself with. And if it were me, I would consider issuing a heart-felt apology to a neighbor who obviously had my best interest at heart. Since she appears to know enough about you to illicit strong, hateful emotion on your part, you may want to reconsider making an enemy of her.

I dont mind if you lie on the net because I do that a lot

Uhm.....duly noted. Good to know that high moral fiber and character are appreciated, and apparently rewarded.

What I despise the most of nosey people who don't bother to get to know/understand you but they go out of their way to wonder what your up to and start gossiping/instigating about you. Then when you confront them about their actions they play the victim card and say your harassing them I hate that so much is like you got some nerve to pull stunts like that.