xisto Community
samarsurf

How To Create Smallest Website

that's stupid but its cute. hehe. i wonder why they want to build site like that. maybe they want to set up a record. BTW, i prefer site with smaller size. to be more specific, site without stupid ads, embeded video or newsflash.

lol i dont consider that website the smallest.. lol cause it doesnt have a purpose. pretty cool though. but yeah after viewing that. i guess you can make the smallest obviously by using flash . cause you can always press nxt in flash and it'll jst be that one file . or if you are talking about the screen resolution then flash would be good to . cause if you have more text just press next .. Html is different seeing how if you keep writing . it keeps going unless you go to the next page :P

Well the smallest you could make would be just a blank file called "-.htm"but if you mean the fastest load time, or smallest useable website then.Make a site, which does not use graphics, or uses only very small gifs or low resolution graphics.make all the page elements with text, and avoid complex scripts like PHP, and using flash or high resolution images, if any images at all.

Well depends what you mean by smallest. Could it be the fasted load time? With very small website files? Well that would require little images, and content.
If you mean page size, go for this site...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's a pretty neat site. But you can enlarge it on Firefox by scrolling with your wheel and pressing ctrl ;)

I was playing ping pong on there lol got addicted, wait it's not called ping pong. Whats the name of the game on that site?

i think what he means its like, a tiny layout.. ahah(: i would like make a table with a background, have it say click.. then hello.. then woah.. then little things like that(: have it be one of those.. u cant get out of sites

Well, smallest has many meanings. It could mean smallest file. This would obviously mean a blank html page, probably home.htm as someone mentioned earlier. If you mean smallest as in size, then you would just use really small fonts and pack them in a box. If you want fastest loading, then you want to have no images, and not much content. Make CSS control the layout, not tables or anything like that. Smallest has many definitions.