xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PSTUBb

Why Is There A 10 Credit Limit No Matter How Lengthy And Quality-fullish The Post Is?

I noticed after my first 2 posts that there was a 10 credit limit per post, what confirmed it was posting my massive guide on purchasing a keyboard which is much larger than my first posts yet I only recieved 10 credits. I find it kind of odd personally.

only an admin can answer this for certain, if there really is a 10-credit limit per post. the hosting credits system is opaque's code, and confirmation can only come from him, i think. never encountered this reported before. if ever, it could be forum-based (some with limit, some with no limit). or it is hard-coded to affect all forum sections, as a spam safety measure. just to protect the credit system. but let's wait till he stumbles on this topic. :)

The obvious reason for maximum cap on credits earned PER post is to prevent massive spam or copy and paste to gain the huge credit amounts.However, there is no cap on how much you can earn per day by contributing multiple times. The credit system is very sophisticated and it's designed for many variables, such as limitation on credits earned as you become a veteran of our forum, member rank increase and grammar, spelling structure.

so I assume the tutorial section credit cap has been change because I know I pulled off a few 14-16 credit posts in those sections before or was that changed as well over time? Of course if you been here awhile you can usually tell what's a copy and paste and what is legit post by a forum member. However, for a perso to type up a 10 credit post on a simple question like is the sky blue? must have a lot of time on their hands to do that.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I appreciate your perspective, and the Topic about keyboards is quite a substantial posting, but if you check out the Tutorial section, lots of Tutorials are larger in word count and they are subject to the same limits. Part of the consideration for your contribution to the Forum includes a willingness to assist other Members by providing the sort of in-depth analysis which your Keyboard topic provides. Or to assist other members with difficulties they are experiencing for which you also receive little or no direct benefit (ie:credits). The reverse is also true. If you are viewed as a 'contributing member' of the Forum, lots of us will go to great lengths to assist you with any problems you are having. Short version: whatever goes around, comes around.

Thanks for the answer guys.jkhaslip: Agreed. My favorite quote: "You give before you get." - Napoleon Hill (I might have said that one before on here :)) Thanks guys!Sean