xisto Community
Watermonkey

What Is The Most Evil Corporation In The World? Name the Corp and say why you think theyre the most EVIL

Not to mention Apple stole the GUI from XEROX PARC...and then started to sue every Tom, *BLEEP*, and Harry that made a GUI after them...

Xerox had nothing to do with making GUI.... do you not even know what gui is?

xerox GAVE (important keyword-- not stole) the COMPUTER (important keyword-- not gui) to apple. From there apple came up with gui, which ms stole from apple because all they had was DOS...

not really a corporation, but the United States government :) if any of you ever get the time, should watch any of em 9/11 doccies or the moon landing doccies or any significant event in American history or in which America was involved

any votes for INTEL? :) can they now be classified as EVIL after this latest spat with Negroponte and the One-Laptop-Per-Child (OLPC) project? they undermine the concept, then they now copy it! (Intel has it's Classmate version as shown below, to compete with the OLPC project).

Posted Image

so a thumbs-down to INTEL. TRULY EVIL in my dictionary. :) btw, i'm mighty happy with my AMD machine for years now.

The Most Evil Corporation would have to be Microsoft. They'll do anything to make a buck. They'll rip off the average hard working middle class American just to get a head. I think it's wrong what they do. They make so much money and then people starve on the streets of America. They are the closest thing to a Monopoly as it gets.If I could add another one it would be Exxon Mobile. They rip off everyone. The Gas Prices are outragous and they just reported their highest earnings ever. It's not fair. Take Advangtage of the American just because they can. Oil is an essential Resource and they control 90% of the market. It's Ridiculous how much power these companys have.

Wow, no one mentions Enron? They cheated people out of money and the atmosphere in that company was that of paranoia! They had their employees too scared to take a vacation or even a day off for fear of being fired not to mention all the money they stole and etc they did..

And kwantum, don't judge the U.S. government on some radical crazy person's theory, but judge them on what they actually do.

Monsanto is definitely up there in terms of evil, but I'm going to mention one that should not go unsaid: Disney.

As many of you may know Disney, a company with high family standards, "hires" 3rd world workers, and maintains what constitutes sweatshops. Whenever they are confronted about it they always down play it or use the rationale that they are employing the needy. Here is a little research I did back in highschool.

Information has been collected from https://newint.org/

For more facts go to https://newint.org/issues/1998/12/01/

Total Disney Revenue (1997)

Broadcasting ? $6.52 billion (29%)

Includes TV and Radio production.

Theme Parks/Resorts ? $5.01 billion (22%)

Includes theme parks, hotels, cruise line and real estate entertainment development.

Creative content ? $10.93 billion (49%)

Includes film production and distribution, feature animations, home videos, TV, live theatre and consumer products.

TOTAL REVENUE: $22.47 billion

The Boss

Disney Chairman Michael Eisner?s current 10-year contract gives him a yearly salary of $750,000, plus bonus up to a maximum of $15 million a year according to financial performance, plus shares worth approximately $550-$600 million.

Theme Park Worker

Walt Disney World (Orlando, Florida)

Starting salary: $5.95 an hour, after 3 years: $13,541 a year

Disneyland (Paris, France).

Average yearly salary: $13,000 to $15,000.

Disney?s total theme park income (1997): $1.13 billion

Third World Worker

Contractors producing Disney-branded clothing in Haiti

Average hourly wage: 28 cents

How much time it would take the average Haitian garment worker to earn what Michael Eisner earns in one hour: 156 years.

I will have to say every single gas and oil company in the world due to the fact that they are causing most of the problems in the world and instead of giving back they keep on taken, so I will be glad that one day all the oil and the gas will be gone and put every single own in the poor house (US owners). OF course all the evil corporations that decide to be cheap and move their business elsewhere for cheap and cost effective labor (US Owners). Of course there is that one evil corporation that is very evil Is the Evil Society the things they do make Bush look good :).

I've given this thread free reign for a while now but I feel I must interject for a moment to remind some of the posters that I'm asking for a Corporation, not an entire industry and certainly not an entire government, not even a branch of a government. No matter how evil you think the military industrial complex or the CIA or whatever is, they're not public companies. Please tell us all what public company you think deserves to be called "The most evil company ever". And please, no more Microsoft or computer manufacturers... No one's actually dying when they use MS Office! I haven't heard of an Intel CPU killing someone. And, though thankfully, no one's actually mentioned it yet, please don't say that Smith and Wesson or Glock or any other firearms manufacturer is evil. Any weapon or more accurately, potential weapon is an inanimate object (capable of being used for good or evil) until human contact is made, and it's still an inanimate object until a chemical reaction is initiated from the actions of said human (in a couple cases dogs have fired shotguns and rifles too, but only because the proper safety precautions weren't taken).

Evil can be defined as

evil |ˈēvəl| adjective profoundly immoral and malevolent : his evil deeds | no man is so evil as to be beyond redemption. ? (of a force or spirit) embodying or associated with the forces of the devil : we have been driven out of the house by this evil spirit. ? harmful or tending to harm : the evil effects of high taxes. ? (of something seen or smelled) extremely unpleasant : a bathroom with an evil smell. noun profound immorality, wickedness, and depravity, esp. when regarded as a supernatural force : the world is stalked by relentless evil | good and evil in eternal opposition. ? a manifestation of this, esp. in people's actions : the evil that took place last Thursday. ? something that is harmful or undesirable : sexism, racism, and all other unpleasant social evils. PHRASES the evil eye a gaze or stare superstitiously believed to cause material harm : he gave me the evil eye as I walked down the corridor. the Evil One archaic the Devil. put off the evil day (or hour) postpone something unpleasant for as long as possible. speak evil of slander : it is a sin to speak evil of the king. DERIVATIVES evilly |ˈēvəl(l)ē| adverb evilness noun ORIGIN Old English yfel, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch euvel and German ?bel.

So, now that you really have a good sense of what evil is, let's look at the definition of a public corporation:

a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity (legally a person) and recognized as such in law. ? dated humorous a paunch. ORIGIN late Middle English : from late Latin corporatio(n-), from Latin corporare ?combine in one body? (see corporate ).

With both those words in clear definition, please proceed. I'll give my number two most evil company now: Tyson Foods (NYSE: TSN) of AR (Little Rock, I believe), would be very high on my list. Politically they are implicated in the laundering of dirty Clinton money gained from the infamous Mena operation to supply arms for drugs and cash in South America and were highly influential in boosting the Clintonistas to the White House. Further, they are one of the biggest violators of humane animal husbandry, and a heavyweight political manipulator ever since their anointed representative in Washington, William Jefferson Clinton, was elected to the white house. Read more at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ because there's just too much to quote for this post.

I believe that all tobacco companies should die!!!!shift11111111one111eleven They are evil, they know that smoking causes lung cancer, diseases, causes deaths and yet they still sell it. It's disgusting. Their advertising is targeting young people, and getting them into smoking too. They make big bucks from this, so I doubt they are going to stop, but they are still very very evil. Youth support are paying out, to try and help deal with the issue of smoking effecting young people.

Also petrol companies are evil, not as evil as the tobacco companies, but still evil. They are buying out all of the good inventions that will help save the planet, whilst meaning we will have no use for petrol. Someone needs to make an invention and make sure they don't let anyone else buy it and then make big bucks and then buy the petrol companies. :)

That's just my 2 cents :)

Wouldn't it depend on what you would call "evil", I mean if you were on a "bad" guy's side then you would take it as the actual "good" guys are evil or if you are a good guy then the bad guys would be evil, what I'm trying to say is that isn't it kind of a point of view? Someone might think Coca Cola is an evil cooperation whereas another wouldn't think the same way. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

If you would bother to look at my post above, I defined "evil" for everyone. It's not a changeable definition based upon perspective, it's constant and everyone should know the difference between good and evil. There's nothing more basic in being a member of society as far as I know.

Also petrol companies are evil, not as evil as the tobacco companies, but still evil. They are buying out all of the good inventions that will help save the planet, whilst meaning we will have no use for petrol. Someone needs to make an invention and make sure they don't let anyone else buy it and then make big bucks and then buy the petrol companies. :)

I'd have to say otherwise, the oil companies are fueling wars throughout the world. Tobacco companies haven't been up to that much, besides they aren't that evil, all they did was supply a product that people picked up. It happened to be addictive. When is the last time you heard someone call Sam Adams evil?

Africa has been surrounded by war for many years, guess what a lot of it is over? Black gold and Diamonds! Africa has large oil fields and many diamond mines, hell Africa could be one of the richest continents in the world except they don't have control of their natural resources. The De Beers diamond company is just one of the corporations fueling the wars.

"Diamonds have been UNITA's major source of revenue during the 1990s - gaining (UNITA) an estimated US $3.7 billion between 1992 and 1998 - which has enabled them to re-arm and maintain supplies despite the UN-sponsored peace process." it said. "UNITA has sold its diamonds on the unofficial, 'outside' market and has found willing buyers within the diamond industry."

Source

Until the 1980s, De Beers was directly involved in Sierra Leone, had concessions to mine diamonds offshore, and maintained an office in Freetown. Since then, however, the relationship has been indirect. De Beers maintains a diamond trading company in Liberia and a buying office in Conakry, Guinea. Both countries produce very few diamonds themselves, and Liberia is widely understood to be a "transit" country for smuggled diamonds. ... Through its companies and buying offices in West Africa, however, and in its attempts to mop up supplies everywhere in the world, it is virtually inconceivable that the company is not - in one way or another - purchasing diamonds that have been smuggled out of Sierra Leone.

Source

The most evil corporation in the world would have to be the tobacco indstury they still sell cigarates even thou they know they are bad for people and they are still putting in all that stuff in there not caring about others health,Another will have to be the oil company's they are burning in a whole in my bank account with the price for gas now of these days gas is $4 dollars back then when it was $1 we was saying it was expensive now i wish it was back to that price.

Very great post, Smack! Unlike others you've actually taken some time and named a corporation, not an industry. Thank you. I didn't really regard DeBeers on my list... I suppose because it's not an industry I give much thought of very often, but you're absolutely right to include them! I learned from someone recently that diamonds aren't even all that rare and they're not really considered "precious" in many circles due to their abundant supply. The only reason the price is kept so high is due to the manipulated supply by companies like DeBeers. A real gem would be a ruby or emerald I suppose.As far as "evil" tobacco companies, they're not all the same. Some are actually very philanthropic and socio-economically responsible citizens of our community. There's actually one out there that actively promotes organic sustained farming and other environmentally friendly agendas. So, please, name the company that's evil, not an entire industry! Also, someone actually said that VW was the most evil corporation because they supplied cars to Hitler! That's so lame I don't even know where to start. Where did you expect Hitler to get his automobiles? From Bentley in England? One of the ways his Nazis or third Reich came to power was by stimulating the German economy and one of the big industries they needed to get going was, of course, the Automobile industry, and naturally VW was in the right place at the right time. Their supplying cars to the Nazi scum didn't contribute to the atrocities committed by the regime. Why not look up the manufacturer of the ovens used to toast the prisoners at Auschwitz? At least their product was used to kill people! (Yes, I own a VW!)