xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

I Need Help With A Joomla Install Not Thru Fantastico [resolved]

im installing joomla right now direct install not going thru fantastico currently im stuc and i need help its asking for the following infohostname and also database name.. and im not sure what do i enter in threse fields.. can anyone help

your hostname would have to be: localhost

as for your database name, it is up to you. via your cPanel, you have to use MySql Databases to create your database. then you have to manage the permission rights for your newly created database, by assigning a user and password for your database. also read the note which says "The database name you enter will be prefixed with _______", the blank space being your cPanel name. hence, your database name would appear as follows:

yourcpanelname_yournewdatabase. :) just so you don't get errors when you forgot to include the prefix.

I had this problem while installing wordpress. I think the problem is with perrmissions you set for the file. Use your ftp service you have to change permissions to read write and execute. Another option would be to upload the tar.gz installation file for joomla and extract it through your cpanel. That worked for me on another host. Not sure about Xisto but try it. It must work

I just figured it out.. I kept reading as to what else I could try and for some reason before when i tried installing wordpress the username and the database name had to be the same... but in this case for joomla the Database name had to be different from the user name.. so once I tried that reloaded the page and kazzam.. there it its.. so thanks for the help on this guys.. looks like this can now be locked..