xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Introducing Microsoft Linux

Microsoft has relaesed a Linux Distro in Late 2003, named Micorosoft Linux, http://www.mslinux.org/

This is what the site claims,

Microsoft Linux provides all the power of the Linux Operating System with the ease of use you've come to expect from Microsoft Products.
Microsoft Linux brings a new level of productivity to Linux, without sacrificing flexibility, performance, and control. In addition to features like My Home Directory and My Configuration, Microsoft Linux contains greatly improved support for Web and Enterprise development.

With Microsoft Linux Enterprise Edition, you can create scalable multi-tier applications using our new Graphical User Interface command-Line Technology (GUILT)?. Extend your productivity with optimized support for Internet Active-XWindows? Technology and built-in Internet Xplorer web browser.

This is just anot googfup like Micorsoft Firefox, http://forums.xisto.com/topic/45372-microsoft-firefox/
Edited by delivi (see edit history)

It's not legit if you closely enough you can figure it out that it's just a fake site. Here are the reasons why;-Layout is wrong from the past and current looks-if you go to the support page is is obvious that it is a joke page-copyright is outdatedThose are just a few I could list moe but you get the idea from the three I just presented to you.

You don't need to look closely to see its fake, S_M! The authors made one glaring mistake:

... with the ease of use you've come to expect from Microsoft Products.

No-one would advertise a Linux based product as having the same ease-of-use as Windows. Marketing does not work by pointing out the shortcomings of the product :)

You don't need to look closely to see its fake, S_M! The authors made one glaring mistake:No-one would advertise a Linux based product as having the same ease-of-use as Windows. Marketing does not work by pointing out the shortcomings of the product :)

I completely agree with you. And on top if that I don't really understand; did they ever even tried to make it look original? :)

Well I didn't look at every single word I just looked at stuff that I noticed right away :).

Couldn't they get in trouble by Microsoft for not only placing the Microsoft logo on their page, but placing outdated Microsoft copyrights?

But this is definitely a hoax, if you were to read "What others are saying" here is what is says.

What others are saying:
"They want me to be a *BLEEP*!"
-- Linus Torvalds.

"He doesn't scare me as much as he scares others."
-- Richard Stallman

"Jesus Christ, who are these people?"
-- Bill Gates

"I don't remember agreeing to that."
-- Janet Reno

"This is horseshit. Horseshit, horseshit, horseshit. And for those of you who don't know what that means, it's the *BLEEP* that comes from a horse!"
-- Greg, Columbia Internet

So that pretty much gives it away, OH WELL, at least Microsoft has taken control of linux, yet :)