xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
truefusion

Microsoft Tries To Take Down Linux... Oh Microsoft, how silly...

There is nothing wrong with being money hungry.

:) I hope this is a joke, for people starve due to companies and people who don't share their money but instead choose to keep it all for themselves. Indeed, the poor just get poorer.

I am reading replies of people and everyone are saying that it is stupid and wrong. However I must disagree with you although I belive in open source community and free providing of inromations and software. I still think that linux has made some stealings in the past if you check out open office which is not part of linux I am reffering as operating system then you can notice that this same open office has very or shell I say exactly the same design as the microsoft office and by that it is plagiarism because design can be patented also and by that if microsoft patented this design then they are beaking rules and it is true. There are also many things which would consist with microsoft theory and that is reverse engenireeng of the software which is very often done by linux community and they might just stole some ideas from the microsoft. It is hard to proove many of these points but time will tell and certainly some sort of investigation will take place.

If Linux really is violating these patents, I support Microsoft. Theft of ideas should not be allowed in this world, and Linux OS's have been known to have some stolen-ish elements in the past.Then again, if Linux hasn't done anything wrong, then shame on Microsoft for attempting to do this.

Thats the most stupid thing that can happen to the world of software and software developers. linux is the most powerful and better OS than Windows and Micrsoft cannot do such silly things to make their product sell. Then can improve their product quality instead.

no microsoft are going bloody mad the silly people they are trying to take over everything its making no sense everything will change if they win and computers all around the word will just get buggered is there no poll we can vote on to help linux?

Source
Microsoft claims that Linux, the free operating system, is violating over 200 of their patents. This is the silliest thing. If Microsoft wins, Linux may no longer exist. Open-source software as we know it will no longer exist. This is the silliest thing i have ever seen Microsoft try to doi can't stress this enough. I believe in open-source. Some people, even though there may be an open-source alternative, will still choose to buy commercial software, so there shouldn't be a problem. As far as i'm concerned, Microsoft is just money hungry. I, for one, don't see Windows winning this; there are many open-source supporters out there that i'm sure will support Linux. Microsoft is already a huge company, but i guess the rich just wanna get richer...

Yup the rich get richer. But you just gotta keep in mind that Microsoft is a monopoly. What does a monopoly tries to do? Have control over the market. If they get Linux out of the way, the consumer wouldnt have any other choice but Mac or Microsoft. We all know what the obvious choice is. Microsoft is sort of like the Borg they want to assimilate everyone into their ways.

But that still doesn't seem that smart to me. Maybe this had an effect on their stock dropping. I think that this is going to be a big hit on their popularity. "The rich get richer." but "Those that are the highest have the biggest fall". They would probably go down eventually, but I was hoping Linux would be the next one. Oh well.