xisto Community
ghostrider

I Get "scoped" Tomorrow

Tomorrow around 10 AM I'm getting a procedure done called scoping. This is the equivalent of you going to going to a hospital, getting an anistetic, and them sticking a camera down your throat so that they can look inside of your stomach. Preparing for being scoped really sucks. The day before (today for me), you can only drink water, light colored gatorades, and jello (lemon and lime). You also have to take this really powerful laxative :unsure:. An during the next hour I have to drink 64 ounces of water or Gatorade to make sure that I'm not dehydrated. The next day I wake up at 6 AM to take the second dose of laxative and then go to the hospital around 9 AM. I get the anistetic and then my Gastroenterologist scopes me. The good thing is that I get to eat all I want afterwards. I don't know if I really want to though. They are also biopsying my stomach, and that sounds painful.If I can I will provide a picture of the inside of my stomach as long as it isnt too gross looking. My dad, who is a doctor, says that they take pictures for reference.

Edited by ghostrider (see edit history)

And now for the Good News... They are approaching this problem from the correct angle...:unsure:Hope it works for you...

LOL I agree with the guy above me. I thought for sure the scope would be going in another end of the body. I can't begin to tell you the annoyances that come with getting medical procedures done. I too had to go in for something and the things you need to do the day and night before suck. I had to drink down this disgusting thick liquid taht would line my stomach and not eat anything for hours.....it wasn't fun. The procedure sux and then you're in pain/tired afterwards.I can't stand going to the hospital/doctor's office because of a fear of finding something wrong and having to go through all these proceudres. The process is just annoying and it sux that you have to go through so much. Have fun....hopefully everything will be fine

I had to drink down this disgusting thick liquid taht would line my stomach and not eat anything for hours.....it wasn't fun

Was it contrast solution? That stuff is horrid.

I was scoped once, but it wasn't as serious. I didn't have to do anything beforehand. They paralyzed my nose and then stuck a tube like object up it. I didn't even feel it when they kept pushing it in. What freaked me out was when they took the scope out and I realized there was about a foot-long portion of the tube in my body. It wasn't that bad for me, but mine was minor. Good luck!

Edited by husker (see edit history)

I get the anistetic and then my Gastroenterologist scopes me.

Been there, done that. It wasn't pleasant. They didn't get me under the anesthetic deep enough and I was aware of the procedure. I kept trying to pull the darn scope out of my mouth. All I can remember was somebody shouting (or so it seemed) "Don't do that.!" The good news for me was that they found nothing wrong in my stomach. The bad news was that my pain was from gall stones :unsure: and I had to have my gallbladder removed. BTW I have been approached with a scope from both angles.... if you get my drift.

Oh man! I find that lucky. ( Only the Gatorade Part ) I love gatorade and would not mind drinking the fruit punch kind for years. :unsure:

I've had an endoscopy twice which is a camera up my nose & into my throat.Since then the problem i had hasn't been resolved, so, the last time i went to see my doctor he was on about a camera going into my stomach.