xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

[problem] Css Unordered List Display Problems Ie6 Bug Making unordered list under unordered list couses some padding to appe

I just started designing something that i thought is gonna be a really simple xHTML strict template. Everything is right except that i thought of using unordered list, some other list under that list. Well this is the code for the Menu that is cousing me problems

<div id="lijevo">	<ul>		<li>List1</li>		<li>List2</li>		<li>			<ul>			<li>List 2 Sublist</li>				<li>					<ul>						<li>This is really long text that explains a bunch of nothing3</li>						<li>This is really long text that explains a bunch of nothing2</li>						<li>This is really long text that explains a bunch of nothing1</li>					</ul>				</li>			</ul>		</li>		<li>List3</li>		<li>			<ul>			<li>List 3 Sublist</li>				<li>					<ul>						<li>This is really long text that explains a bunch of nothing3</li>						<li>This is really long text that explains a bunch of nothing2</li>						<li>This is really long text that explains a bunch of nothing1</li>					</ul>				</li>			</ul>		</li>	</ul>		</div>

I arranged CSS with few simple code lines like this

div, p, h1, ul, li{margin:0;padding:0; list-style: none; }div#lijevo ul {	/*indenting and width*/	margin-left: 10px;}

At first i didn't use that <li> tag before <li>list2 sublist</li> but that didn't validate as (x)HTML strict :unsure:. Then when i added the tag IE shows padding under <li>List2</li>, like you can see it on test website HERE.

Anyone knows simple way to overcome this problem..

Try adding zero margins and padding to the universal star selector as follows:

* html {margin:0;padding:0;}
That should eliminate all margins and padding on all elements on the page. You will then need to add back the magins and padding where you want some. Alternately, use a more specific selector to target the UL li UL for the second lists.

check this out: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Lol, thanks for the * html tip :(.. And guess what, it wasn't CSS but HTML problem.. I opened and closed the wrong <li> at top. Now i saw how u did it and it's fixed.

What can u say. Except, do you eat fish Posted Image

Oh, boy i really need to sleep now :unsure:

Thank you very much!