xisto Community
Renaissance

Renaissance Is My Nickname My nickname was coined for my many ventures...

Hi, Renaissance here!First off, I want to say I know Renaissance can be a bit bleh to type so Ren is fine; I've adopted both.A bit about me:- I'm a 23 year-old male. I have a physical disability called Muscular Dystrophy (I don't let that affect me much though)- I like art; I have loads of sketches I've done over the past few years. I'm still an amateur- I like writing; I'm actually going to have one of my poems published later this year.- I like music; I was a percussionist in my high-school band. One year we recorded a professional quality CD.- I like sports; I watch hockey, soccer, tennis, golf, racing (any), curling, not so much baseball, basketball, or football.- I like woodworking; I'm currently planning on building a self-driven miniature sailboat- I like vintage/antiques; cars, planes, boats...- I especially like cars; my favourite car is a 1971 Dodge Charger Daytona- I have experience modding video games- I played sledge hockey (ice hockey for people with disabilities) for 10 years; I was on DI also do lots of other stuff but I have to stop somewhere

Edited by Renaissance (see edit history)

Welcome to the Xisto. Sounds like you stay busy with all those activities... Just curious, are you from Canada? All the "hockey" references is what prompts me to ask... and Curling, of course...

why does it have to be Canada? I think we got like 3-4 for hockey fans in the stats :unsure:. Well welcome to the site and you got a good list of hobbies, I am somewhat into classic car's myself, I usually catch a classic car auction from time to time on tv and you be surprise how much a person drops for a classic car. Again welcome to the site and enjoy your stay and see you around in the forum.

Thanks guys. My unlisted "computer" hobbies keep me the busiest.

Just curious, are you from Canada? All the "hockey" references is what prompts me to ask... and Curling, of course...

Yes, I am Canadian, I hate being a cliche :unsure:

I am somewhat into classic car's myself, I usually catch a classic car auction from time to time on tv and you be surprise how much a person drops for a classic car.

Barret-Jackson right? Yeah some cars go for crazy amounts of money but oh well. I saw my favourite car (a 1971 Dodge Charger Daytona) on ebay for $18K the interior was worn, but not ripped, the mileage was reasonable. There were three problems though:1) it was to be picked up in Florida
2) I didn't have my drivers license
3) I didn't have the cash $$$
Edited by Renaissance (see edit history)

Welcome, Renaissance! Nice to see you've come to use Xisto as your webhost! Go hockey! You sound like a busy man, hockey, collectibles, etc, etc, etc... DO you live near Windsor in Canada? 'Cause I am near Detroit and I can go over to the river and yell "hi"! Just joking... Well nice to see that you have found hosting here and welcome! Please take time to read the links below.

Please take time to Read the Rules, Xisto Readme, and FAQ located inside the readme. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Xisto forums! And if you may need any assistance, feel free to PM me! Thanks and welcome!

I'm from Mississauga, about 40 minutes from Toronto, but I have been to Windsor for a hockey tournament. I actually traveled quite a bit for hockey tournaments; I traveled as far north as Ottawa, south to Buffalo, and as west as Windsor.That's a lot of mileage on my parent's van!

Here's a big old American "howdy" to you. You wouldn't happen to be a Renaissance Man in the traditional sense, would you? By the looks of all your interests, I reckon that perhaps yes, you are. May as well add philosophy, vegetarianism, and astrology to the list so we can include you in the ranks of Leonardo Davinci. I share many of your pursuits, sans the automobiles and team sports. I'm afraid I'm too fine boned for hokey or most organized activity, though I love to watch boxers beat the crap out of each other. I do find it curious that hockey never took much of a hold in the States. I mean, a good portion of the country is covered in ice and snow much of the winter, so that's no excuse. Personally, I think the football/basketball/baseball conglomerates don't want the competition.

Well howdy there partner! lol.Glad to see you up and around the forums. Keep a busy life style. As a good man once said...or two things I should say. A inexperienced life is not worth living, and make yourself interesting - to yourself!Hope to see you around for a long time to come.What do you have in mind for hosting?

Here's a big old American "howdy" to you. You wouldn't happen to be a Renaissance Man in the traditional sense, would you? By the looks of all your interests, I reckon that perhaps yes, you are. May as well add philosophy, vegetarianism, and astrology to the list so we can include you in the ranks of Leonardo Davinci. I share many of your pursuits, sans the automobiles and team sports. I'm afraid I'm too fine boned for hokey or most organized activity, though I love to watch boxers beat the crap out of each other. I do find it curious that hockey never took much of a hold in the States. I mean, a good portion of the country is covered in ice and snow much of the winter, so that's no excuse. Personally, I think the football/basketball/baseball conglomerates don't want the competition.

Nice to meet a fellow Renaissance Man. I'm also good in math and science but hated taking those courses. As for philosophy yes, vegetarianism no, I'm a carnivore through and through; I love my beef, I love my bacon :unsure:
The thing about hockey in the US, I think you're right about the business aspect, but I also think it was because the viewers were/are saturated by footbal/basketball/basesball.

What do you have in mind for hosting?

My plans for my hosting are:- blogging
- an image gallery for my art and diecast car collection
- misc writings such as poems and stuff
- a home for my video game modding projects

I don't know how much I can fit but I'm in ro rush to do everything.

Welcxome to the trap 17 nice to see that you are active and a lot of time online according to the time of your posts. Keep up the good work hopefully you will find this utility awesome because it is awesome and that it will provide you with everything you ever need for the web site.