xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

Business Design

Well most of you do not know but im looking forward to begining my professional site. Im looking to just having a small content site with my contact info and just a portfolio of my designs.

My current site ESTUDIO9 will still be around but it has evolved into something else, so this is why im begining a new site, so back to the main subject.

I have been working on a few designs, and I wanted something that was my signature style. so i began drawing a few things and ive always worn a blue hat, my fav. so i decided to sketch up something. in that sort and then redrew in Illustrator. Then I just transfered the vector to photoshop and I began working with some vector brushes from Deviant art.. some good stuff i found..

So I began to work and decided i would start with a nice business card and then go from there.. so i decided to go with a vertical design with a two sided card the side im showing you is the front, the back side im not yet complete with it.. but i have my ideas for and the back side will carry all my information. but here is the preview at a large scale so you can see what it will look like..

Posted Image

I really like it. Blue is also my favorite color :unsure:. The big blue logo seems to be to far away from the text, just my opinion. Also, just so you know, printing this will be very expensive ><. Places charge per color, and most won't accept more then 4 color. So be careful!

I really like it. Blue is also my favorite color :unsure:. The big blue logo seems to be to far away from the text, just my opinion. Also, just so you know, printing this will be very expensive ><. Places charge per color, and most won't accept more then 4 color. So be careful!

ive already looked into the printing options and I went with this color scheme because it will be printied using process colors and not spot colors.. and most spot color printers can aonly do four and some can do a few more i think up to like 6 colors..

but as far as the hat logo from the text.. i looked at that as well but im pretty happy witht he result especially on a business card it will look good plus it gives it enough room for the thumb and therefore it passes the thumb test...

For a wallpaper maybe but for a business card, a tad to background busy for a business card, however, from reading your post I would suggest that you keep the other side plain and just add the business information to it so if you were to use it people will be able to see the other information without having a hard time seeing it. Other then that nice vector design, colors fit well the off center look for hte image looks ok but in this case centering it would still look good.

For a wallpaper maybe but for a business card, a tad to background busy for a business card, however, from reading your post I would suggest that you keep the other side plain and just add the business information to it so if you were to use it people will be able to see the other information without having a hard time seeing it. Other then that nice vector design, colors fit well the off center look for hte image looks ok but in this case centering it would still look good.

As you stated on the back side as a solid, I have decided to use a solid color on it.. I might just keep it as white being the background, or possibly doing a blue from the front side, but maybe loering the opacity so that it is not so dark and still the font will be readble and clear.

Very confusing. You might want to change the font on your name and go a little easier on the brushes. A LOT easier. The colors are alright, could be better, but most of my complaints are directed at the enormous amount of brushes all over the place. Because of all that mess, I can barely really see the shape of your logo -- I keep getting distracted. For those reasons, don't ever be afraid to simplify.