xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
srujanlive

Google Phone Is Confirmed By New York Times

Google Phone or Apple iPhone  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it is finally official.. A Google phone is definitely on the cards. Don't know yet how much software from Google will actually go into it. Whether it will be the OS or just have all the Google apps. So what would you buy? Apple iPhone or Google Phone? As far as I am concerned, I would rather wait for the Google Phone and see what it has. Then make a choice. The iPhone may be cool but it lacks 3G which would makes its use as a PDA very limited as download speeds would be slow.

That sounds pretty cool. Phones now already can use Google Earth but I'm sure it'll have plenty of tools like GPS or something. It'd have a lot of google tools but I'm not sure if you'd have to pay for online time or if the use of certain tools comes free with each plan. We'll just have to see what they are going to try and come out with to advance the cell phone world. I wonder if they'll have their own brand of phone that looks cool too or has special buttons. I think I'll still stick with my phone for now though because whatever it has I'm sure it'll be expensive.

This is very interesting but i would probably just get the Apple iPhone if i could. The reason is that it has an amazing look to it, works very well with the touch screen and has all the features i would ever need. The only issue with it is that i only is for Cingular and i do not use them. Plus, it is a bit pricy for my budget.

I will say no, because for some reason when I downloaded like every google application on my computer and started getting BSOD's because of them so a deleting I did a go. OF course with the phone it will look like a PDA and so your already seeing a price tag about $2-$500 just for the phone by itself. If I remember correctly phone plans for those kind of phones get expensive as well at about $80+. Odds are the google top players will get a free phone with everything that goes with it while the regular employee's get like a 1% discount :unsure:.However, another problem I would see is that google will be setting their own cell phone towers thus ruining the plants and tree's and the bee's who make honey in the tree's, but most likely they will pick a cell provider already after making a multi-billion dollar deal. they can create all hte products they want but what reason would a person want another phone except for to keep up the latest trends, I only can imagine how many people have like 5-10 cell phones and actually use them :(.

Id probably go for the apple Iphone, mainly because it will probably be more powerfull multimediawise, but I think googlephone will probably have some high tech stuff also. I would really need to know its specifications in order to really be able to make a choice.

Wow! Google Phone! That's just awesome. I am a huge supporter of Google, so if I was thinking of buying a phone it would probably be Google phone, just because they have so many neat features. I'm sure Apple is not happy about this sudden competition they now have. More money for advertising :unsure: .

I'm actually torn about which phone I want to buy next. I'm eligiable for an upgrade in September, and I want to get the iPhone, because I am a fan of apple and the iPod. However the Google phone would be great to have also, but it might take longer for it to come out. I think I'm going to have to go with the iPhone, because Apple has great products and it will probably be released sooner.