xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Tennis- A Fantastic Way To Loose Weight!

I play tennis, and i have not only lost weight, but i have put on alot of muscle! Tennis is one of the best sports you can play because you work all of your major muscle groups, and it burns calories and fat like crazy. Now if you play tennis, or are considering it, you should consider (if you're not already!) teking on a healthier diet. You are probably thinking, "But tennis rackets cost so much!!!" Walmart has a good selection for beginers. :unsure:

Any non-stop action sport will make you lose weight if you play hard enough and long enough. I've had a weird experience one time after playing about 3 hours of basketball per day for a week: I started craving fruits, which never happened to me before. Anyways, tennis is fun and a good aerobic exercise, and things like basketball and soccer fall into the same category. In my opinion, football has too many breaks that last too long, and you're not running around nearly as much as those other sports, so don't expect many results from that.

The best thing about tennis is it is good for your heart! It is a great cardio workout and is also great to build agility, hand eye coordination, etc... The game just gives great health benefits and plus, it's fun. The only thing about tennis is that it's boring to watch two people hit the ball back and forth! It gives your neck a work out though!

I haven't picked up a tennis racket since I was a little kid. It's an okay sport - not really my thing, but I definitely don't have anything against it. Mostly, I don't like moving that fast...for that long. :unsure:

Well not only is tennis a good fast paced sport but it also makes your body work hard so that you gain muscle, especially in the arms. Tennis trains you for stamina as you have to run after the ball here and there and you have to be very fast at it. Therefore it also gets your calf tuned up along with heart and triceps and detoids.

tennis is good.... i have heard about it.but the problem is, am in hostel and there is no tennis court here nor anywhere near this place. i would have to go around 50 kms to go to the nearest tennis court. thats difficult. so jogging and walking and other such exercises are the best option for me. anyway thankx for this!

Tennis does work out a lot of the main muscle groups, but really any sport is good if you want to loose weight.FootballBasketballTennisThe list is never ending. Even for the older generation, walking or aerobics are just as good.

I do a tennis club at school and its run boy 2 of my friends (theyre great at teaching it). It is a really tiring sport though lol. Oh yeah heres a great tip! Use a lightweight tennis racket, then you can swing your arm faster

You guys are forgetting soccer! lolOh wait, maybe im just the only american here...Soccer or however its call is almost not-stop running, its an excellent workout. Tennis I would imagine would be like raquetball... When you start off its a good workout, but as you get better you move less... But then if you get better and play on the pro level, your opponents wont make it easy.So as far as that goes... dont get better at tennis or raquetball, and if you do then start stepping it up to the professional level!Or you could just play with a weight vest/ankle weights/wrist weights/ small child on your back!

I use to play tennis on a team but I started track and like that better. Personally I didn't like tennis that much but I agree it is good for you and keeps the weight off. I disagree about the one of the best sports you can play to stay heathly. Swimming works almost all your muscles and works on your breathing making your lungs stronger/heathlier. I would also rank running (cross country or track) above tennis in terms of losing weight and staying heathly.My racket didn't cost much because I got it from Wal-Mart like you said. Unless you get really good Wal-Mart is all you need for your tennis supplies.