xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Partiality By Parents (between Son And Daughter) pampering and partiality by mother / father

i think these situations get tricky i don't see anything wrong with being a momma's boy, but at the same time, people need to respect other peoples spaces. if the son allows his mother to be a certain way, then one knows where they stand and has to make a choice for their own selves without putting the blame on a mother or a sontrue, some people have no backbone under certain situations. but that is true with anyone. most importantly to remember is that the son DOES have backbone where the mother is concerned in wanting to live a certain way of life and support that way. no backbone in regards to the girlfriend and standing up for what might be important in any relationshipthere is nothing wrong with anyone choosing his mother over anyone else. but the woman entering in to what seems to be a controlling circumstance has the choice to accept it and respect their relationship or find a guy who hates his mother because i am sure all issues would be solved knowing your with someone who hates their mother and would never allow their mother to be #1(that was a semi joke btw....but to only make a point)it's obvious your boyfriend wasn't ready for a committed relationship. if he was, he would have stood up to his mother. at the same time, there is nothing wrong about not wanting a committed relationship and it's easy to blame it on the other person not having a backbone.now in the beginning of my post, i said these situations are tricky. they are if you want to try and be patiennt for the relationship to work rather than take the easier way and end it all. if you loved him, then maybe it would have been worth it to understand them, and in time for them to understand you and possibly in the future having more respect for eachothers relationship with on another. just because the mother is controlling, doesn't mean you have to be around her when you son is around his mother. choose not to be. family is important, YES, but not when there is no mutual respect and leaving a person feeling less than who she is. there are a lot of thing to do and places to go where the mother can't follow or be in a circumstance while trying to build a relationship.some parents have a harder time letting go of their children than other parents. time and patience and a guiding hand and thoughts can do wonders in circumstances like this as a mother cannot hold their own son back forever and let jealousy interfere with his own happiness and fullfillment with another. i don't believe a mother wants that for their son so you have to work and breaking down the selfishness levels little by little with the help and support of the significant other.

Mothers favor first sons and second daughters, fathers favor first daughters and second sons. Think about it for a minute, and you will find this is correct.

There is a lot of whining going on here. Life is not fair. You will not be fair to your kids either because you will favor your firsts and seconds as your gender ascribes above. Cowboy up and be as good a parent as you can, and don't repeat your parents'  mistakes.

Hey,

This is actually a topic that I wanted to get out of my system from a long time....It's about mothers and their fascinations to worship their sons and of pampering and partiality.

I came from a family where I was literally kept on the side while my brother was the god....I mean then he got spoiled and behaved badly but still was treated like a king, Now his wife is suffering because of his bratty nature.

The thing that bugs me is that many times mothers pamper their sons like gods and then get hurt and jealous when the boy gets a girl friend.. Imagine your a girl and you hook up with this really nice guy but then his mom gets all jealous of you because he is spending too much time on you. I mean she might not do anything but it is still bad blood which no man is ever aware of sadly....

I have this friend I know whose brother is pampered like crazy but she is just a member of the family, It has its positives like independence and quicker maturity mentally.....

First the mothers pamper their sons and then when the girls drift away or get weird complexes or get into drugs or something, It is casually blamed on her and she is made miserable even more.... I mean why? When the son is gonna be there with the family but the girl leaves then why make the life of the woman who will be the son's better half in the future hell?

This does not apply to son spoilt and daughter hurt policy....Even sons get battered often like my best friend

Cheers....I finally got it out of my system. Posted Image

i am also facing the same problems.. there are numerous examples that i can write here which proves that my mom is much much much mooooore partial to my brother. She is not actualy supporting him she is just making him lubber. she is just spoiling his life by not making him self dependent. I feel vbad when my mom treat me like this if i had a sister i would have much better life. i miss my sister. i just pray to god that parents should treat their children equaly or either go for only 1 child so that he/she doesnot feel like being treated differently.