xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
srujanlive

Civilization 4 Is The One For Me

I like this game quite alot. Spent endless days trying to master it. It is quite a nice history lesson . The fact that it incorporates so many civilizations is a great asset. I was wary of the fact that it is a turn based game but i have found it a good asset especially while playing online. We can discuss all our moves and it is so educative and addictive. I also am afan of age of empires and rise of the nations.

Awesome!!! That makes us 2, I wonder if there is more people here in Xisto that play this game. It is my favorite strategy game, I started playing it a long time ago, back when Civilization II came out. Then I dont know what happened but I never played civilization III, I think it was because my computer couldnt meet the requirements of the game, but Im back with Civilization IV.

Yeah I've played this game its really good and I play it still from time to time. I like the new things like religion and so on which really adds some more thought ot the process of thinking and mastering the game. However it is somewhat slow and according to the gameplay I would give one more run to the third part rather then the fourth. I assume next civilization would be even greater. Because odd numbers are regulary better then even. And also I wanted to point out that if you would like many civs and so on you should try free civ as it gives you almost every civilization which ever existed in the world and it can be customized even more then the current original civilizations.

I play Civ IV too and it is a very good game but somehow Civ III was more playable for me. I played Civ III for 2 years and i think i could play it again, while with Civ IV i don't have that feeling it's like i play one or two games and then i don't want to play for a month.Some of my friends which play turn based strategies have the similar experiences.This could be only coincidence but as i can see hitmanblood agrees with this so obviously there plenty of people feeling like this. Good parts of the game are graphics, many civilizations and like all other games from the series depth, details and very few illogical things. Anyone who wants to try a good turn based strategy game should try this game i think they won't be disappointed

I have 5 of the civ games 4 for the pc and one for ps or ps2 cant remember which one, I love this game I have played it for years, I have played some online but play alot myself or the hotseat where otehrs in the hosue play with me. I really like 3 and 4 but I also somewhere a few years back picked up an pc fantasy version that I have played quite abit over the years, Has anyone else seen this game or tried it? U can be in space u can be differnt things like mermaids and be underwater, or trolls and live in a firey land, its been a while since I have played this one but I like it jsut for all the differnt things you can do or be. I think I am gonna have to find and dig out this game to play it again soon now that I am thinking about it. Anyway civ is a great game I have played it for years and go through spurts where I will play for months at a time then not play for a while. Any way another one I like but isnt as fun as civ is Rome Total War. Has anyone here tried that one? it can be fun and addicting.

I haven't played Civilizations for quite a while, but this games is really really good. At first i was also kind of suspicious about this turn-based system, but actualy i preffer it more then real-time. Just now there are like 2 expansion packs and a bunch of patches out there, each bringing something new and unique. I tend to play Civilizations IV soon, but i want to go chronologicaly from IV to the newest expansion 'Colonization'.