xisto Community
Lyon2

My Site Is Showing A Forbidden Message, Need Help Now. Please help me admins or moderators.

My site is showing a forbidden message saying i can not get to a certain folder, and i did not change permissions or whatever.I am concerned with this, i have thousands of visitors per day and i am loosing them for the competition.Please help me with this, as i said, i did not do a thing for this to happen.

You posted this thread and also on the shoutbox where I did what you requested and visited your site. It did indeed reply with a forbidden message, also with a 404 Not Found message. One thing I thought of was that you may not have enough credits. Another is that your index file may have problems. I am ready and willing to help you troubleshoot should you need it.

Get out your FTP program and have a look at the owner of that file, along with the permissions set on it. Whether or not you think you've done anything, check anyway. If every file in that folder is not inaccessible then the folder has most likely been changed, so check that. Check the owner is the same as all the other folders in your hosting account. If all this looks OK then take a backup of that folder, and make sure that is saved to your PC. Then delete the folder on your hosting account and reupload it. If that doesn't work then something is wrong with your account rather than with the files and their permissions.

What part of my last message 'please send all hosting support to support{at}xisto{dot}com' wasn't clear?

Please keep up with all Alerts and Notices topics and Hosted Members Area topics.

You can send hosting support email to support{at}Xisto{dot}com along with following information:

subject: Xisto hosting support
email body:

cpanel:
server: gamma
web address: place your domain here
body: describe in detail, such as "when I try to do this, this error/problem occurs <<paste complete error message>>"

I am getting a strong impression that no one reads but posts.